Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2005, 11:01 PM   #1

Read my story on my web page www.kenjust.com
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2005, 11:01 PM   #2

Read my story on my web page www.kenjust.com
Old 02-19-2005, 02:05 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Ken, first let me say welcome to our website and forum. Sorry to see you are having such a problem with your new coach. I hope that you have been in touch with the manufacturer and soon they can get the matter corrected at the factory. Is this your first recreational vehicle? We have a high ranking member with a Hitchhicker unit; maybe he s of someone in the company that can be of help.
I have learned a lot from the others here on the forum and wish you may have found and joined us earlier. Its not too late to benifit as a member though. Talk to "Hitchhicker" (member) and see if he can help. Good luck.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:08 AM   #4

Kenaud,

It looks like you've got your hands full with all those problems, I to am sorry to see your having such a strainful experience.

If you can get a letter from the TDPS concerning the safety issues of this trailer, it will make any legal action take much easier, and unfortunitely that seems to be your only recourse.

Just keep in mind, that on any given day, a manufacture is subject to the discretion it's employees use and major mistakes can happen. A quality company, will make the situation right and resolve the issues as you have detailed.

I wish you the best; keep us posted about how things are going.

Tomcat F15
In southern Texas, windy Texas that is.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Obviously you have some serious problems there, not the frame and suspension issues but clear signs of water damage as well (roof bubbles). What is Nu Wa doing to correct these problems.

I'm glad to see you are keeping good records of both the problems and repairs to date. Texas has a decent lemon law that does apply to RVs, but you have to document the attempts to have them repaired and give the manufacturer reasonable time to fix things.

RV's are essentially hand-built to an ever changing specification, but they try to maintain assembly line speeds while using cottage industry processes. It's no wonder that every manufacturer produces some of these real horror stories.

I wish you good luck in geting everything resolved and hope NuWa comes through for you.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:44 AM   #6

As of March 6 2005 we are still grounded in south TX with our new HH.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:31 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Sorry you're having problems with your new 5er.

Hopefully, the dialog you and your attorney are having with Nu-Wa Industries will result in them making it right to you. In reading the posted response from Neil Ford to your attorney, it appears NU-WA is willing to do what is necessary to rectify the dilemma. Your request for a full refund plus your $400 attorney's fee appears close to being a done deal if I'm reading between the lines correctly.

After owning 3 Nu-Wa products during the past 8 years I'm confident they will step up to the plate and do the right thing. Let us know the outcome and good luck with bringing this problem to a resolution.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:17 AM   #8

You have done a thorough summary of your observations and investigation.

Not to pour water on your fire so to speak, but you have so much damage/poor quality from top to bottom that the probably is more that has not surfaced yet.

This is taking far too long for resolution from Nu-Wa.
Nu Wa, not for me. In the past I thought they were of pretty good quality and service but that apparently is gone.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:34 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

It's really strange that RV manufacturers with good reps (like NuWa, Monaco, etc) still seem to produce these clunkers occasionally. And it's even stranger that we see these occasional reports where they seem so reluctant to do anything about it. Of course, we seldom here the company's side of the story, but it is difficult to imagine any conceivable explanation for the things in Kenaud's photos. I have seen just about all of them make very generous repairs and replacements, often on things that were not remotely their fault, yet other situations arise where there has clearly been at least some shoddy design or workmanship behind the problem and they dig in their heels and avoid all responsibility. It's almost like they draw straws and once in awhile a customer with a problem gets the short straw and its "sorry, we can't help you - go away".

Kenaud: have you tried to enlist the aid of Motorhome or Highways magazine's Help columns? They will write to the company asking for a public explanation of their position, which often leads to some action.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #10

Does Texas have a LEMON LAW that will afford you with protection of loss?

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:02 AM   #11

Location: Pasadena, MD, USA (between Baltimore and Annapolis)
Any movement with Nu-Wa this week? Hope all gets resolved to your satisfaction real soon.

Jack

Jack Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:25 PM   #12

Ken,

Sorry to read of your hassles with NuWa and all the problems with your new Hitchhiker LS. We're new members to IRV2 and following several months of research had recently set our sights on ordering a new Hitchhiker LS. Based on your horror story, we are now questioning our decision, and very anxious to hear if NuWa steps up to the plate. Good luck let us know if you're able to come to a satisfactory resolution with NuWa.

'02 Four Winds 25' Fiver
smurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 03:52 PM   #13

Ken,
I find this story to be absolutely unbelievable. Good on you for being, what I think, patient, and documenting everything so thoroughly. We recently sold a Lance Slide-in that once had a significant problem. The problem (water leak) started well before the warranty expired but we didn't notice it. When notified, Lance had the local dealer's service shop take a look at it and after hearing their report immediately took responsibility. We took it to a local RV repair shop and had it fixed. Lance sent them a check. All we did was drop the camper off and pick it up. We recently ordered a new TT. We should take delivery in a few weeks...let's just say your experience has us nervous.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:41 PM   #14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to everyone who expressed concerns with our problems with the manufacturer of NuWa's HitchHiker II LS. We have reached a mutual resolvement of our problems . We appreciate a forum, such as this, where individuals can bring problems to the forefront. This same information will be mentioned on rv.net, escapees.com, and rvusa.com. Also, I would like to add that with everyone working together we can help in the production of better products made in the USA.