Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to JimmyLeggett
Bad service at Devils Tower KOA restaurant

Just returned from a month in Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota. On the 2d July we visited Devils Tower by car and returning stopped at the Devils Tower KOA resturant and were treated to some of the worst service ever. Wife and granddaughter ordered a roast beef sandwich with pan fries. I ordered the buffalo steak. When the food arrived, the roast beef sandwiches ($6.50 each) were nothing more than roast beef out of a grocery store package, on white bread with no seasonings, and none on the table. the fries were burned and cold as well.
my buffalo steak was already cool and nothing to eat it with. By the time she returned with a knife and fork, it was stone cold and not edible.

When we checked out, I made my displeasure known and the assistant managers reply was, then why did you stop?
JimmyLeggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #2

my answer would have been -- because i'm stupid but don't worry i want be stupid here ever again . you see alot of this any more. America has lost all it's good manners and the younger generation will not work for their pay. you just got to ignore as much as you can or it will drive you nuts
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #3

Wow, I just missed you. We stayed at the Devils Tower KOA on July 1 and left on July 2. We normally don't stay at KOAs but we had two grandsons with us and they wanted a swimming pool. We found the staff very friendly but did not eat in their restaurant. We took one look at it and decided to eat in the motorhome and now I'm glad we did. Our food was good and hot.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #4

" America has lost all it's good manners and the younger generation will not work for their pay."

I agree to some extent with the manners part but not all of the younger generation fit the rest of that statement, much like the younger generation saying that anyone over 60 is too old to work! We know that is not true now don't we!
Doghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
...and the poor service usually starts with a late acknowledgment of your arrival at a table followed by the server's fingers all over the rim of your glass of water. That little operation immediately follows after they have finished wiping down the next table over with that NASTY, wet and stained covered cloth that keeps falling on the floor...you KNOW the ONE! Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #6

Yeah but the guy wiping off table had just cleaned off the dirty napkins full of grime and blown noses etc, dirty dishes with germs all over them, then wiped that table with that soggy cloth. That was bad enough until they then turned around and set the table again with silverware and clean glasses from those dirty hands that had not been cleaned up. Waiting for the new customers.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
When DW and I are on the road, we eat our meals in the fiver. We can fire up the genny and use the microwave, turn on the A/C, even watch something on the TiVo if we feel like it. I don't have to worry about food poisoning, surly waiters, or funky water that tastes like it was pumped from the local swamp.

If we were going to eat only in restaurants and sleep in hotels, why bring the fiver?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #8

Bummer about the experience. Thanks for the warning. All of us have hit a bad restaurant. I've even been served at bad meal in the motorhome. Of course, I had the good sense (this once) to say nothing.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #9

I quite eating in restaurants 25 years ago; I bet if those that eat in restaurants could visit the kitchens of those restaurants that they eat in, they would be in for a shock;
most never wash their hands after going to the bathroom, roaches and bugs are common. They did a story once on one of those programs on tv and found your toylet seat was cleaner than some restaurants.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Did you leave a tip?
Did you go to campgroundreviews.com and leave an honest review?

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #11

I've been known to leave a written tip (delivered to the manager) and $0.02 on the table. Don't know how much good it does, but I'm sure that sometimes someone gets the message.
easdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #12
doc

Appalachian Campers
Another good reason for me to avoid any KOA and now their restaurants as well. Thanks for the info.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I stayed at a KOA in Rock Springs once and rocks is a understatement. The lot was all rocks and I had trouble taking the dog for a walk because the stones were so sharp you couldn't walk on them in your Crocks. Plus there wasn't a tree in sight and they charged a arm and leg to stay.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think I'd have told him that next trip: I will shop elsewhere.

Write a letter to corporate.. If they make you happy let us know and don't forget to upload smelling salts cause we will need it.

If they don't make you happy.. Let us know, No smelling salts will be needed.

Tags
service