Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #1

Bath & 1/2 ... or not???

Pretty much had this decided ... LOVE the private bath but figured solo RVer so I should use that extra space in the living area instead.

THEN read some posts re: extra bath and realized that like several of the posters, a SIGNIFICANT portion of my RVing time I would have nieces, nephews and/or various other friends and relatives traveling with me. Don't want any waiting lines when I need to use the facilities ... so now I am swinging back to the 2 seat version!

Comments? Do you really lose that much space from the front? Or I guess the better question would be do you feel it is worth it? Any of you who have had both, which do you prefer?

Looking forward to opinions from these many voices of experience on this GREAT forum!

Thx!

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a bath & 1/2 in gas coach it does come in handy with company, the main larger bath is off the main bedroom for your privacy, only thing need sharing is the shower or they can use camp ground showers for their privacy.
Living area would be compromised depending on the floor plan.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Kathryn,

If you go with the tag axle like the Winnebago/Itasca 42QD you actually gain front space. Some of the 45' rigs have lots of people places up front and are two seater to boot. Bring your own Sears catalog. Oh! All of these decisions. You remind me of my wife shopping. :>))
Old 07-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Hi Kathryn,

If you go with the tag axle like the Winnebago/Itasca 42QD you actually gain front space. Some of the 45' rigs have lots of people places up front and are two seater to boot. Bring your own Sears catalog. Oh! All of these decisions. You remind me of my wife shopping. :>))
LOL! Just figure It is better to ask them all while I am learning/shopping than whine about them later!

That 42QD is a great plan ... thx!

007 - thx! I was bristling a bit at the thought of everyone tracking through my bedroom to use the shower, but when traveling with others most of that time we would be staying at "real" campgrounds (not boondocking) so they could use the camp showers.

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #5

I have the same coach as 007 and am solo. It comes in handy when one tank gets full and the weather is too bad to dump so I can use the other seat. This has happened several times for me and I appreciate the ability. I have not had the luxury of others saying with me in the coach but having the second bath will be handy if that should ever happen.
okiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiejim View Post
I have the same coach as 007 and am solo. It comes in handy when one tank gets full and the weather is too bad to dump so I can use the other seat. This has happened several times for me and I appreciate the ability. I have not had the luxury of others saying with me in the coach but having the second bath will be handy if that should ever happen.
Don't both toilets dump into the same black tank?
Never heard of any other arrangement.

???
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #7

Well I guess I'm lucky then my rig has two black water tank. It has two seperate gauges on the ems panel to check the level and two seperate dump valves along with two seperate sani-flushes.
okiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have the bath and a 1/2 and it is great. We also have the rear full bath and when underway the bed slide is in so to get back there you basically climb over the bed. We have access to the 1/2 bath and it's great not to have to do the bed climb. And as said by others - when we deploy the air sofa bed for a guest and turn in - we close the door and don't think about them again till morning. BTW - rule of the road - overnight guests turn on the coffee pot!
Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
No on a Newmar coach there are two tanks, the 1/2 bath sink drain may may feed into the same black tank 50 gal on mine, maybe 45's on newer coach's.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiejim View Post
Well I guess I'm lucky then my rig has two black water tank. It has two seperate gauges on the ems panel to check the level and two seperate dump valves along with two seperate sani-flushes.
What are the tank sizes?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
1 bath is ok for us now - long weekend once a month, and a week or two a year. Retirement coach in a few years is planned to be a bath and a half, for the room in the full bath.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
My wife feels it is the storage she will loose on the 1 1/2 bath. For me, the 1 1/2 bath is the cat's meow. I would finally have a space (besides the drivers area) I could call my own.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD
My wife feels it is the storage she will loose on the 1 1/2 bath. For me, the 1 1/2 bath is the cat's meow. I would finally have a space (besides the drivers area) I could call my own.
How could I have forgotten that?

As for loss of storage - I really don't think it is that much - you would probably get more floor space and 1 or 2 overheads. Now if you took everything out of the half bath and installed shelfs you would be talking storage. Like some mods - turn bunks to storage or remove washer and dryer - those add real storage. But look at the storage to space ratio in most coaches. A couple feet in length doesn't usually amount to a big closet or cabinet addition. I'm sure there are exceptions. Good luck - hope you get your own space. Lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
1 bath is ok for us now - long weekend once a month, and a week or two a year. Retirement coach in a few years is planned to be a bath and a half, for the room in the full bath.
Ditto.