Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2022, 06:13 PM   #1

Bathroom Requests

Ok, been RVing for 22 years and need some inputs for a recent Interstate problem. When backed up/stopped in Interstate traffic, what does an RV driver say when people come up and ask to use your bathroom? Adults are annoying enough but now they're dragging their kids along! Suggestions?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2022, 06:24 PM   #2

i guess it depends if you're a decent human being or not.some people are not prepared for sitting on a grilocked highway for hours upon hours.no food,no water,no poo tickets.you either come together as a community or you throw each other to the wolves.being a typical Canadian,i'd let them use mine for #2's.i like to consider myself as a decent human being.i would imagine someone who is based in some type of religious belief/faith would also do the same.walk a mile in their shoes.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:32 PM   #3

I'm a decent human being. Have always gone out of my way to help others

Folks/strangers asking to use my RV bathroom due to snarl up on Interstate....might as well move to the shoulder and form a line cause it will soon grow into a circus

No i am not going to let them use the RV Bathroom

If folks have to go to the bathroom....that is what side of road/bushes etc are for

If someone is injured, having a heat stroke, etc. YES I will be one of the first to help
Peeing/Pooping doesn't fall in that category.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:53 PM   #4

I am not a decent human being.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:54 PM   #5

If you want an easy way to let people down nicely, just tell them you do not travel with water onboard.

If I would let others use mine or not would depend on a lot of factors. If the overall situation is an "inconvenience" I am unlikely to let other use my RV because once you allow one or one thing, other and asking for other things will come flooding in. If the event is a true emergency I would be more willing to help.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:39 PM   #6

NO !
Not nowadays for sure. Some are likely looking for cash or other valuables.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:43 PM   #7
laj

Not a chance. Their lack of planning doesn’t create an emergency for me.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:55 PM   #8

I had this discussion. My wife says women and children are priorities and basically the door stays open until the black tank is full. Food, drink, and water for kids and the needy too. There will be a dump station, grocery, and a Wal Mart down the road a bit later. I don't think she's wrong. Naturally since she said that I immediately appointed her in charge of who comes in or not.
You have to consider circumstances too. Stranded in the heat due to a roadblock isn't the same as in a blizzard road blockage or a hurricane evacuation traffic jam or some other thing. But in any case you can bet no babies or toddlers in need would be turned away from our door. I'd put money on that.
Also I figure if we couldn't afford to restock after giving out supplies we shouldn't have left the house.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:02 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Unfortunately, my safety trumps my urge to be sympathetic, especially because I'm a solo. I just don't know what kind of wackos are out there & won't let anyone inside my RV with me. My response would be "I'm sorry, but no". No explanation necessary.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:18 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have compassion, but not to use my bathroom. I would hand them some TP and point to the side of the road.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 06-09-2022, 09:20 PM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Not a chance. Their lack of planning doesn’t create an emergency for me.
Nobody has plans on being at a standstill in their car for hours and hours on a freeway!!

I'm kinda surprised how paranoid and selfish some members of this forum are!

Oh, one other thing. NO weapons would / are allowed in my RV!!
Old 06-09-2022, 09:20 PM   #12

With all my prescription meds in the bathroom mirror.. no.. sorry.. I have had people use bathroom and later I find meds missing.. just can't take the chance anymore.. sorry if public just does not understand.. plus I don't carry a lot of water for 3 or 5 thousand people to flush and leave me to clean up.. too much a job to clean up after me.. let along that many people.. I just slide window open and try to explain.. nicely.. if they get all upset about it.. I would rather tell them to leave outside rv.. then inside rv.. even if all look trustworthy... you just can't tell.. I had my wife's wedding ring stolen that way.. by the time we find out.. in both instances they were long gone.. people today will steal you blind.. sorry to feel they way.. plus I don't want the police showing up later.. asking me how my prescription bottle was in the crime scene..
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 06-09-2022, 09:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwcid View Post
If you want an easy way to let people down nicely, just tell them you do not travel with water onboard.
^^^This^^^

Charles
Old 06-09-2022, 09:34 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwcid View Post
-------------------------------------------

We really do not travel with much water onboard. Just enough to take care of the needs of me and the wife.

In addition, on our trailer you cannot access the bathroom unless you extend a slide.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Closed Thread