Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Best and or Worst Accessory

One of my favorite aftermarket accessory's is the Ames cassette hose reel, it just gives me a kick every time I use it. Cheep trill but it makes RVing a little easyer!
I have a container full of crap, that dosen't do what they claim !
Whats yours ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv 022.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	6075  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
The absolutely worst accessory I have purchased was the lighted entry step extensions. They are made and sold by RV SureStep - your first step towards RV safety . Great idea, very poorly designed and manufactured. Couldn't keep the batteries dry. Therefore, it would never light after it rained (moving or stationary). There was no support or help from the company.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #3

I did the hose reel thing also. But mine is a plain hose reel cabinet from Home Depot. I keep 100' of hose in it and only have to reel out as much as I need.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Worst is the Quartz Wall clock, ticks so loud it scares the dog!!
oldcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
the worst thing we ever bought was a clock that sat its self to the local time no matter where you were. It was conrolled by some sort of thingie form the government that broadcast a signal all over the world and the clock was supposed picked it up and reset your clock as to where you were. We messed with this thing all the way from NC to AK and the only time it was ''right'' was when we sat it for where we were and if we ''moved'' the time was wrong again. Biggest piece of junk I ever bought. .......

IF YOU WONT STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS....... FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM ........
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
The best is undoubtedly our GPS. It's ended a lot of 'discussion' between me and the DW.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #7

Oh the BEST accessory I've obtained is this little gem. Can't leave home without it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38009_143543065673899_100000546202992_317034_3800882_n.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	6077   Click image for larger version

Name:	39148_143263889035150_100000546202992_315473_1996013_n.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	6078  

Old 10-17-2010, 05:04 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hummmmmm, the ''Little Gem'' machine...... Is that the machine that chews the pizza for you? By the photo that looks like what it is doing. This machine must be for truly LAZY people like me that love to eat but are TOOOOOOO LAZY TO CHEW..... lol..... (I am teasing of course and I hope you know it)

God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe ......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:56 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I would have to agree with GaryKD. The SureStep system seemed to be a great addition to the camper at the time of installation, but now are very expensive step extensions. Mine lasted just over a year and about 40 batteries.

The number of great additions and unwise impulse purchases are about equal but luckily the cost of the impulse buys are limited to what I know my DW is willing to forgive.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Worse one so far was the bike rack that hangs off the rear ladder of the M/H. Needed another ladder to get the bikes high enough. The weight of two bikes seemed to me to be too much for the ladder and rack. Gave it away.
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #11

The worst item was the large awning. Every time the weather burps one must go wrestle with it. I no longer have it. I replaced it with the small ones that stay down with a strap to a hook.

The best is my macerator pump. Camp ground sewer connections are all over the place. I have 3 - 20' X 1" hoses that cover that. Also I put my Blue Boy on the rear tool box on the truck and pump up to it. No strain going to the dump.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
For the worst, I, too, have to agree w/GaryKD & tmar10 on the SureSteps. They worked until water infiltrated the battery compartment. Now I've just got high dollar stair treads.

For the best, I'd have to say our Progressive Industries EMS unit. That puppy has saved our coach on more than enough occasions that it's well worth the price.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
the worst thing we ever bought was a clock that sat its self to the local time no matter where you were. It was conrolled by some sort of thingie form the government that broadcast a signal all over the world and the clock was supposed picked it up and reset your clock as to where you were. We messed with this thing all the way from NC to AK and the only time it was ''right'' was when we sat it for where we were and if we ''moved'' the time was wrong again. Biggest piece of junk I ever bought. .......

IF YOU WONT STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS....... FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM ........
The atomic clock sets the time of day automaticly but has no way of telling where you are so you have to set the time zone.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #14

Best is our bamboo 9'X12' ground mat with anchor points. The bamboo does not become damp when on the ground for days at a time, we pick it up, shake it or maybe hit the underside with a broom..the ground crud seperates easily leaving a relatively clean and dry surface to fold and stow. It has anchor points on the corners so we can use standard tent stakes to keep it in place. While on the ground it is easy to sweep with a broom too..no fibers to trap dirt/dust like outdoor carpet. It's also very comfortable to walk on barefoot.
Kountry87Air is offline   Reply With Quote