Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2006, 03:14 AM   #1

My wife and I are considering going on a hosted professional caravan. Which company do you folks consider the best? Adventure Caravans, Tracks to Adventure, Fantasy are a few that come to mind. Please give us your thoughts and input. We appreciate it! Boomerbiker
boomerbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2006, 03:14 AM   #2

My wife and I are considering going on a hosted professional caravan. Which company do you folks consider the best? Adventure Caravans, Tracks to Adventure, Fantasy are a few that come to mind. Please give us your thoughts and input. We appreciate it! Boomerbiker
boomerbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
My wife's sister and husband along with their daughter and son-in-law (2 MHs) did a western trip a few years ago and traveled with a caravan company. It cost each RV a few thousand dollars. I (being sort of close friends with a dollar ) cannot figure why they did that. You can look at the route the caravan will take and do the same route your self. They were rushed to leave each morning and rushed to arrive at the next destination. Anything that interested them along the way was just passed up. They did have admission to a few national parks and a horseback ride with a chuckwagon meal, but with the price they paid for the caravan, they could have visited more parks, and eaten a ton of meals.
There may be an advantage there someplace, but danged if I can figure where it is. 'course this is just my humble opinion. You may love that sort of traveling.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
If you happen to have a Winnebago product you want to go with Winnebago-Itasca Travellers - WIT. You get a superb value for your dollar and would have a very hard time doing a similar trip for the same price on your own. We have never felt rushed and interesting things along the way are built in to the schedule, some with entrance fees included in your caravan payment.

Winnebago has great hosts and tail-enders, but most importantly, excellent support from WIT in Forest City, IA.

We are satisfied customers and in 2007 are doing one rally and two caravans.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
cwg

I agree with Frank-- WIT (Winnebago Itasca Travelers club) is the most successful specific brand RV club in existence and has been for some time. Their tours are very highly rated and usually maxed out. Most are limited to 22 coaches to make travel in a caravan less burdensome.

Many of Winnnebago's customers are repeat buyers as they do not want to give up their WIT friends or opportunity to travel on the tours.

It is said by some travelers that when they do the organized tours, while they may cost more, they often see things they would not do and prefer to let another schedule the stops and sights, including even often where the best meals are.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:08 AM   #6

Did a Presidents Club Tour[Camping World] back in '93--wasn't very good at all--very much like Doc's description. Hurry,hurry,hurry.

I'm sure there are good caravan's out there--ours just wasn't very good.

BTW--the tour was "The polar bear express".
BobFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:24 AM   #7

Sorry I sorta let this thread die. I have been working for the past several weeks and couldn't get back to it. The main reason we want to join in on a RV caravan is to make new friends who enjoy traveling in RVs. My wife and I always are traveling alone. We enjoy each other immencely, but a few close friends that we can hook up with would be nice! We have a National RV fifth wheel called the Palisades. I haven't heard of any caravans with National. Maybe I'm just uninformed. Anyway, any other suggestions would be appreciated.
carl1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boomerbiker:
My wife and I are considering going on a hosted professional caravan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In 2004 we traveled with www.creativeworldtravel.com on its Canadian Rockies tour. We have traveled in Western Canada on our own for many years, but this tour company gave us a first-class tour of places we'd never seen (a couple places we had and enjoyed the return trip with a new perspective).

Creative World Travel was based in New Orleans and must have suffered severe damage due to Katrina. It appears they have joined or were bought out by someone else, and have reduced the number of tours offered. I would still recommend them as being a first-class company.

We did not "caravan" in this tour. Each day we were given an itinerary, but we traveled at our own pace. We had a time-table to follow, but it could be done at a leisurely pace without following someone's bumper. The "tail-gunner" left the last campground last to keep tabs on stragglers and/or breakdowns. You didn't have to worry about being left behind.

Good Sam also offers tours that may be of interest. While we not used GS, their write ups seem good.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote