Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2022, 12:14 PM   #1

Question "Best" Outdoor Propane Combo Oven-Stovetop

Any opinions on the "best" outdoor propane oven-stovetop? Subjectivity is welcome. Quick search at Amazon brought up several with price range of $200 and up.

Hardly believe it myself. All these years/decades camping and only now do we find out these things exist. Saw one our last trip and DW REALLY likes the concept of small oven and 2-burner stovetop, but she wasn't much in favor of the one we saw (probably mostly because of the uggerly-uggerly dark yellow-brown-mustard color)(and the fact that it was pretty well beat up from obvious years of use).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2022, 11:18 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
We have a Coleman oven/cooktop. It's OK, but not so good if there's much of a breeze. It will bake cakes, muffins, pizza etc fairly well, but the temperature is hard to control. The 2 top burners are nice to have when it's hot and we can cook outside. I only paid $100.00 for it, and it takes up a bit of room. Nice to have along though.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 12:18 AM   #3

I have been using the camp chief c-oven for about 7 years now. I like it alot. I have a flat griddle that covers both top burners that I use the most for breakfast(needs to be level for best results). The oven has no thermostat so there is a learning curve to it. I also use it as a keep warm oven if cooking for a group.

The best thing is you can do everything outside so the inside of the trailer stays cooler and doesn't smell like food all the time. I like to make cornbread, muffins & brownies in the oven. Nothing like fresh, warm brownies and ice-cream.

After 7yrs the oven looks and works as new. It is a quality unit for sure. I highly recommend it.

John
Jeepster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:11 AM   #4

And now we also have propane pizza ovens. Life is good.
Old 11-26-2022, 07:23 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned Tourist View Post
We have a Coleman oven/cooktop. It's OK, but not so good if there's much of a breeze. It will bake cakes, muffins, pizza etc fairly well, but the temperature is hard to control. The 2 top burners are nice to have when it's hot and we can cook outside. I only paid $100.00 for it, and it takes up a bit of room. Nice to have along though.
We have this one.......

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...-0762789p.html

Works ok, but like you mentioned, little hard to control temp when it's blowing.
Old 11-26-2022, 11:37 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
We have this one.......

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...-0762789p.html

Works ok, but like you mentioned, little hard to control temp when it's blowing.
That's like ours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210212-065408.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	381592  
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, outdoor, oven, propane