Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2021, 04:01 PM   #99

I check google maps at my upcoming destination and look for hotels w/ big lots. Just pull in - lock it up - take a room. Easy leave in AM. You'll be surprised how many hotels off major interstate exits have tons of parking. Once I locate one I call to check if OK. Drive safe. Regards. Ed
edaa53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2021, 10:54 AM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrirn View Post
Harvest Hosts does have some drawbacks, I think. To be fair, the few times we've stayed we, actually I, spent far more than the cost of an RV park; like the $200 case of wine in Arkansas, and a $75 dinner at a brew pub in Nebraska. Then there was the winery in Nebraska that accepted our request with the proviso that they would have to park us out of the way because of a wedding being held there that evening but, they would move us to a more appropriate site after the wedding reception was over. Just before the wedding guests began to arrive, we visited the tasting room and bought several bottles of wine and retreated to our secluded parking spot in the woods by the pond. By about 9PM, the band was still playing and the guests were still singing and dancing, and their parking lot was still full, so we just packed up and drove into town and spent the rest of the night at WalMart.

Other than that, Harvest Hosts is a fun experience.
tmelsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:51 PM   #101

Harvest hosts street camping.

To the OP, the more you do the less you will be worried. Lisa and I have never stayed at a Walmart campground but I've spent many a night on city streets and not always the best side of town and never had a problem. I like Cracker Bs. I'm not the biggest fan of the food but have found that supper is better than breakfast.

I think I saw that you have a membership to Harvest Host. Lisa and I have had several nice experiences that we cherish. I suggest you peruse their lists and find an adventure. Yes they are off the direct line but that is where most adventure lies.

When we stay in a Cracker B or other nontraditional places it is not because it is cheaper. I don't understand that concept when it comes to rvs. The rvs cost so much to purchase and operate, I don't see the value of a cheap place that doesn't enhance my life.

I stay in parking lots occasionally when in a hurry to reach a destination because it is less of a hassle. Campground checkins are often slow and as a transient have a high possibility to be relegated to crappiest spots in the park which doesn't translate into a quality experience.

Head out go and enjoy, the greatness you will find on the road.

Mike
fuelish is offline   Reply With Quote