Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2020, 08:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
^^^Except he has the TPT system, not EEZ.
Well, that would explain why EEZTIRE Customer Service was so useless!

My bad; been gone all week and trying to catch up / multi-task tonight (and failing badly)!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2020, 08:14 PM   #30

I got an EEZ system mid summer last year. I had to pretty much replace all the batteries in the sensors within a month. This year I have replaced a couple but that is understandable. One sender is always loosing signal and starts beeping which totally irritates the wife. Sometimes if I can wait long enough, while the wife is complaining, it comes back on it's own. I got the flow through senders because on the 19.5" wheels it is a real pain to get the senders on or off.
David 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 70 View Post
I got an EEZ system mid summer last year. I had to pretty much replace all the batteries in the sensors within a month. This year I have replaced a couple but that is understandable. One sender is always loosing signal and starts beeping which totally irritates the wife. Sometimes if I can wait long enough, while the wife is complaining, it comes back on it's own. I got the flow through senders because on the 19.5" wheels it is a real pain to get the senders on or off.
I always lose tire #4 (inside right rear); I simply turn off the unit (unplug for a brief second) and let it reconnect to all 6. It stops the beep and I know the other tires are in good condition because they would have alerted me if not.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:36 PM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had originally bought the TST 510 with cap sensors. I too had problems with seeing the monitor clearly on bright sunny days, but that may have been because I mounted it near the centerline of the dash and not directly in front of the drivers seat. L.E.D. displays have always had issues when viewing them from an angle.

I never had any problems with the cap sensors but having to repeatedly remove and re-install each one when initially setting the tire pressures and every other time when pressures need to be adjusted was a royal pain in the butt.

The 510 performed well on our trip to the Lower-48 and back, but soon after returning to Alaska I saw that the model 507 with color display and flow through sensors was available so I sprung for one. I like it much better than the 510. The monitor is much easier to read and the flow through sensors are much easier to work with.
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:08 PM   #33

Freightliner Owners Club
I have used the same Tire Traker for several years and with a 40+ and F150 toad I did not need a repeater. It comes with a Lifetime warranty and good customer service. Change your batteries at the start of the year. No false warnings.

2016 F250 6.7
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Tire Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoyle View Post
What is the best recommend TPMS?
Want for 37 foot class A pulling a tag.
Would like to monitor 10 tires.

Gotta give a shout-out to the amazing system I have been using continuously for over 3 years.
RVi Brake makes the Tire Patrol System and I love it.

I monitor 12 tires.

https://rvibrake.com/products/tire-patrol

I have my tire pressures set for each axle based on actual vehicle weights and tire pressures recommended by Toyo for my M144 tires.
Any time while I am driving I can see each tire pressure for the motorhome and towed vehicle.

An alarm comes on if there is any variance from my preset limits (high and low psi).

This system is also part of my supplemental braking and it all works incredibly well without being invasive to the motorhome or our towed vehicle.

Super pleased with the operation of Tire Patrol.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:48 AM   #35

RVi Tire Patrol

I have the RVi brake 3 system and love it. Would invest in the TPMS they have if it had user replaceable batteries. That is a deal stopper for me. Would have loved to have one screen to look at for all systems. Not sure which system to go with.

I have Class C with toad so need to monitor 10 wheels. Will definitely be installing the Borg valve stems. Just wondering about tire balancing, I see the have balancing beads to add to tires to help. But no info about adding to RV tires or with TPMS. Tried leaving message on manufacturers (Counteract) site but no response.

Can't decide between Tire Minder, TST, or EEZ. Lifetime warranty is attractive. Cost is also big factor.
jerryn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn3 View Post
I have the RVi brake 3 system and love it. Would invest in the TPMS they have if it had user replaceable batteries. That is a deal stopper for me. Would have loved to have one screen to look at for all systems. Not sure which system to go with.

I have Class C with toad so need to monitor 10 wheels. Will definitely be installing the Borg valve stems. Just wondering about tire balancing, I see the have balancing beads to add to tires to help. But no info about adding to RV tires or with TPMS. Tried leaving message on manufacturers (Counteract) site but no response.

Can't decide between Tire Minder, TST, or EEZ. Lifetime warranty is attractive. Cost is also big factor.
Google "Best Aftermarket TPMS" and away you go.
CIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:04 AM   #37

Quote:
I talked with Don from EEZ on Friday and he walked me through a check on the system and determined the system is functioning properly. He says the problem of loosing one signal may be electrical interference. I loose the outside right tire. The MH is just 32' long. He said if the problem continues when traveling he would have me try a repeater. It seems at that length one should not be needed but time will tell. I am going to try moving the monitor to a different location and see if that helps.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:43 AM   #38

Commercial Member

Quote:

I discovered that once I confirmed it was not a battery issue (replaced with new battery) the individual sensor (moved sensors around but still same location). I had RF interference with a back-up camera.
What other systems do you have that use RF? You could try shutting them off one at a time.

You might need to try a different TPMS brand (can you borrow a system and do a test drive). Do you use a "signal booster" with your system?
Old 08-16-2020, 08:49 AM   #39

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn3 View Post

Not familiar with RVi brake system. But as far as I know I am the only one who has done a direct comparison of two different TPMS systems. Published in my RVTireSafety blog the test data and results of a year long comparison of TST Internal vs TireTraker (lifetime warranty).

IMO the major systems have similar pricing. I do prefer dealing directly with the folks that sell at RV Conventions (TST & TireTraker) rather than bottom feeder sellers selling no-name brands for cheap on eBay. Doubt that Amazon can provide RV specific info either. If your TPMS seller doesn't provide service then maybe you need a company that responds to email.

I see no reason for the addition of a TPM sensor to cause ride problems due to balance. Poor ride may not be a "Balance" issue. I recently proved that by "Balancing a cinder block with proof on my blog.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:08 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
I discovered that once I confirmed it was not a battery issue (replaced with new battery) the individual sensor (moved sensors around but still same location). I had RF interference with a back-up camera.
What other systems do you have that use RF? You could try shutting them off one at a time.

You might need to try a different TPMS brand (can you borrow a system and do a test drive). Do you use a "signal booster" with your system?
See post #37. I also have a backup camera and I don't know of any other RF systems except for the cell phone.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:23 AM   #41

Forest River Owners Club
We have EEZ Tire and have been generally happy with it. Used it initially on our dual axle trailer, and then moved it to our 35' class A (bought two additional sensors). No problems with reception, have not changed batteries so far.

Recommend the Borg Duallyvalve kit for the rears. If you have balance beads in your tires you WILL need the filtered valve cores in order to run the screw-on TPMS sensors, otherwise you risk having a valve core jam open. You won't know it till you go to remove the sensor and the air just keeps coming out... Ask me how I know. Borg's part number for the core is EQFVC. It worked fine on my Duallyvalves as well as the non-Borg shorter front stems.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
I’ve used a TireTraker system for several years, pleased with the performance. I have sensors on our motorhome and our toad. I have learned that simply replacing the sensor batteries annually minimizes “no reading” problems down the road.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms