Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger608 View Post
Tossed out the short queen stock mattress in our TT and purchased one of these Zinus 10" mattress's from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Ultima-...3400424&sr=8-4

What an amazing difference!!!

We have a tempurpedic in the house and we would much rather sleep on the Zinus in the trailer than the one at home LOL.
Also put this in our Tiffin to replace the factory one. World of difference and would purchase it again without question.
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2019, 04:29 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Breezy View Post
Hey,

So i have a terrible back and am a full time Newbie RVer, and the bed is killing me. I bought a memory foam gel topper and still no relief. I have been reading reviews on queen shorts and figure the best place to find a true review is on here. Can I please get some input on what is the best mattress replacement for an RV queen short?

Thanks in advance
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!... I put a Casper in mine and I sleep wonderfully. However, it took about a week for my back to adjust. I won't sleep on anything else!
MadeinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #59

Quote:
my back is fused from L1-L5 so the patches aren't really going to help long term, but may help until i find a mattress. Thanks for info

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I could not sleep on crappy thing they called a bed. Arthritis in the same area.

I bought this Zinus bed on Amazon and I love it.

I just recently purchased a foam Beauty Rest for home and I think I like the Zinus better.
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:57 PM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Don’t know where you are located. When we bout our DP we took the description of our mattress to a shop in Fort Worth, TX and they made almost the same one so it fits in the motorhome. It is located by the Vogt in Fort Worth. If you call them they could probably tell you what the name of the shop.
JMCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:04 PM   #61

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My husband and I have slept on a Sleep Number mattress for many years in our S&B. When we bought our MH, it came with a memory foam mattress. After a few longer trips we decided to upgrade to a SN and very glad we did. It’s so comfortable. The only drawback is when traveling, the air must be reduced to 20, especially if driving through higher elevations otherwise it could be damaged.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #62

I've had back problems since I was a teen. 3 surgerys, etc. Best, easy solution is to put a piece of 1/4" plywood under the memory foam or mattress.
Jm
Alagator
Jim Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #63

Smile Mattress

If you choose a foam mattress the length does not matter. All you need is an electric knife and cut it any length or width you want. That is what the factories use.
bemmy miffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #64

Select Comfort - air adjustable. If you have a queen, both sides have their own adjustment. There is another manufacturer of air-inflatable RV beds, Winnebago uses them, but I can't for the life of me remember the name.
Bob '14 Winnebago 37F Adventurer, Jeep toad
bobfrommaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #65

Quote:
My back is fused, so its just an on going pain

Miss Breezy,
I too am fused L-2 through my tailbone. I Have to sleep sitting up at least a 45 degree or I wake screaming in pain. I am on morphine, Norco, and gabapentin. If I lay flat they do not help.
Sometimes my recliner is better than my foam mattress.
Good Luck you need it and I sure hope your back feels better.
bemmy miffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
The adjustable air mattresses, such as select comfort or sleep number are great if you don’t have a DP. The problem with that is when your traveling, the air in the mattress is warm. When morning comes the air has cooled, and you’ll be sleeping on a flat tire
Old 11-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #67

Talalay solution

Try to find a mattress made of Talalay process Latex. This mattress is the best. There no gases coming from it and it reacts instantly to you movement in bed so that you have the support you need. It never sags.
mark158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:37 PM   #68

Mattress

Quote:
Hey,

So i have a terrible back and am a full time Newbie RVer, and the bed is killing me. I bought a memory foam gel topper and still no relief. I have been reading reviews on queen shorts and figure the best place to find a true review is on here. Can I please get some input on what is the best mattress replacement for an RV queen short?

Thanks in advance
We love our mattress from Wilderness RV...so much we bought one for our home too. We are usually out 6 months of the year and can’t say enough about this mattress. You can order it how you like it
Blairs7x70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
My chiropractor thought a sleep # for my bad back — degenerative disc.
Andrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:08 PM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It's a matter of taste and compromise

Our Entegra came with a Tempur-Pedic Cloud Prima mattress. I loved it and slept great. My wife, who has major arthritis, woke up everyday with back pain. The mattress was recalled because of flammability issues and Entegra replaced it with a Select Comfort. My wife slept better but not great. I would wake up with back pain. She sets her side to 100 and I set mine to 55. We added an inch of memory foam and that helped some. Recently we added a plush plush topper, not an inexpensive addition, and it has helped both of us. Nothing will help my wife wake up pain free and the mattress still causes me some back pain so we are modifying as we go on.

Our Select Comfort pump started leaking and trying to get support from them was barely on the plus side of impossible. Their stores weren't allowed to provide repair parts and it took more than three weeks to get Select Comfort to send a new pump. For that reason alone I will never buy another.

Tags
mattress