Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will say this.. No matter the Roadside assistance program not many operate their own tow trucks and those only in selected markets (Basically AAA) all the others contract with local providers.

Recently I blew the engine in my Motor Home, since I do not have roadside I had to pay for two tows... In both cases the truck was hooked up and we were rolling in 15-20 minutes tops and this included dropping the drive shaft (Nicely done) on one of the tows.

Well, last week a RVer with another roadside assistance program (not Good Sams, not that it would matter) needed a tow to nearby Brunswick.. The driver told me the insurance company had authorized 3 hours to do the job... And trust me, He used all 3, That was the slowest driver I have ever seen. PLUS, he managed to get one of the bearing caps off the U-Joint so that will need to be replaced as well (mine the caps are still there, taped over but still there)

The Roadside Assistance providers.... (Not the incurance company but the service providers) some are good (Randy's in Metter, GA) some,,, not so much (Did not catch his name).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #44

This thread just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
This thread just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Agree, I had unsubscribed but had to come back. You can't make this stuff up, Can You?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Beware: Another Good Sam--Bad Roadside Product Experience

It is bizarre, no doubt. I think that I suspect there was some chicanery involved somewhere here, but So far I can't really see where the tealstar was harmed.

The difficulty is exacerbated by her inability to present a clear, concise account of events. Then she stirs the pot with her implications that GS is somehow more evil because all this took place while she was in chemo treatment. Trying to create a gender issue because she is some poor "vulnerable woman" does not clarify anything. These comments are irrelevant to the point at hand and serve only to distract and confuse things.

Is surveillance "without permission" more intrusive than surveillance with permission? Is surveillance with permission really surveillance? Is ordinary surveillance on public property illegal at all? Is surveillance on BLM land somehow more illegal than other surveillance?

I think there are issues here separate and apart from motorhomes.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #47

Does anyone really believe GS or an insurance company would follow a person out to BLM land for "surveillance" over a $ 2,500 issue ?
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
Mojo, sounds like the logical path for GS, huh?
Their claims mgr lied to me about "...dropping BY as a qualified shop for service...getting their money back.." A kick-back appears to have occurred that VP Blanc was alerted to by me & agreed to....but...I still have over $10k in total losses.
Who is liable? Legally, it's Good Sam & their underwriter QBENA.
Then, the logical thing to do, is sue BY for those losses.
If GS followed the logical, legal approach to resolving the issue---I'd still be their customer.

Finally, you can doubt all you want about the "surveillance" which all insurance companies have a special budget for. I caught the dude, took his plate #, 1 hour after receiving GS's lawyer's email pdf. They are all listed in a police report....then the lawyer vanishes after I tell him. Why did their lawyer run away suddenly?
consciousness of guilt.

I agree it's a bizarre path for GS, considering the image they try to cultivate.
But that's all marketing. Illusion. Who you are is revealed by how you actually treat your people.
tealstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:15 AM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Datrbone...truly. It's hard to fathom. I understand your bewilderment.

But a $2500 claim passed over a wire, over state lines & paid & then covered up 2 years later with a kick-back is about 2-4 counts of Interstate Wire Fraud: 18 USC 1343.

5-25 in the Federal prison and up to $500k fines per offense, not including anything the IRS picks up.

My thoughts are that they wanted to see who I was, to find dirt, because in that kind of claim, as a vulnerable victim, like a senior citizen, it's my evidence & testimony that supports the claim.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking, but I have the guy's license, he was surveiling me from 500', and began following me. When I stopped to see if he was following, he stopped, writing or texting notes. When I drove, he drove behind me a distance. BLM cameras got him on film blocking my drivers side car door, threatening me---after I came out of their office to file a stalking report. He was not registered at LAPOSA. Theirs a police report. The GS lawyer vanished after I emailed him the police report.

Nothing like this has ever happened to me in my life. The desert community out there is a protective spiritual force and they know me.

Are you a plant from Good Sam, BY or QBENA...or any affiliation?
Old 09-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
It occurs to me you might be asking yourself "why?" is she talking so openly?

It is because my chances of surviving this cancer have never been good. 35% survive 5 years, 10% survive 10 years. I'm on year 6 @ 51.

I will never put my energy into suing any of these guys. But if I can alert others how they 'actually treat people' to prevent someone else going through the pain I have gone through---while I was already down and vulnerable---that will help.

My cancer wish is to see those involved hauled off in handcuffs before I die. Ridding the earth of people who act like low life scumbags, leaving it Inna better place than I received it at birth, are the kinds of things you think about when facing death.