Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2014, 01:28 AM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yikes!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Two experiences with GS Roadside Service. Both were tire blowouts. First time (South Carolina), a tech was changing my tire less than an hour after I called. Second time (rural Georgia), I was told that they did not have a contract with any service providers in my area. The GS Rep wanted to make sure that we were in a safe location (we were) and told me she'd see what she could do. About 30 minutes later, she called me back to let me know she hadn't forgotten us and was still working on the problem. Another 30 minutes and she called to tell me that GS had just finalized a contract with a local provider and they should get to me within 45 minutes. They did, the tech was an RV'er himself and he told me his boss was happy to get the contract with GS to cover that area.
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, Mojo, Good Sam was the victim, originally. But when I asked to speak to someone in their insurance underwriter (QBENA) fraud unit to report it, a Claims Mgr. called me posing as one, and allegedly, he did the kick back, changed the $2500 amount in their computer to $688.50, and never stopped doing business with BY.
Then, that makes Good Sam a victim of their insurance underwriter, which VP Scott Blanc admitted verbally, but not in writing.
But the ultimate victim that incurred thousands in losses, was me.
And the legal argument is the "proximal cause...but for..."
QBENA-Good Sam could have reimbursed me my damages and then sued BY. That was the logically thing to do to make everyone "whole".

***Because QBENA-Good Sam did not follow " their protocol" for submitting a claim, protecting both them and me from outside fraudsters, they are liable for the damages. They left the door unlocked. The logical thing to do was reimburse me and go after BY. They didn't do it because there was less at stake kicking me, their loyal customer with all their insurance products, to the curb, than opening a hornets nest of legal issues.

My guess is that their underwriter/claims unit had more of these deals. Each time you do a money wire 'across state lines' for something fraudulent, it is 5-25 years of prison, $100,000's in fine.

When the Claims Mgr lied to me, did not stop doing business with BY---that is when he drew Good Sam into the fraud.
Finally, if I would have agreed to BY coercement to use my Ext Ward policy, BY could have, would have, said I consented to the original insurance and wire fraud, and I would be the one fined and going to prison.
tealstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #32

I don't care much how GS has changed with Marcus Leonis in charge but I think this story is complete nonsense.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
I don't care much how GS has changed with Marcus Leonis in charge but I think this story is complete nonsense.
X2, and beginning with the threadtitle (this has nothing whatever to do with Roadside Assistance). It just gets more incoherent from there.

A better understanding of what really originally went down here can be achieved by reading the O.P.'s review of Portland-based B. Young RV put up over a year ago at Google Plus. It's long, too, but more or less intelligible. Y'all can read the complete original at this link; for what it's worth, my nutshell interpretation is as follows:

At that time the complaint was against the folks to whom she took her Tiffin for warranty work, not against the presumed seller of the extended warranty that would pay for said work, Good Sam. Their only involvement was to have paid the bill submitted by the vendor. Weirdly, in that review she repeatedly refers to work that was supposed to have been done "for free". As if there is any such thing! There's no mention of any other warranty coverage, so presumably the policy being relied on by the vendor throughout was GS. They submitted a bill and Good Sam paid it. As they must.

The O.P., unsatisfied with the work, got into a dispute with the vendor. That post doesn't single out Good Sam as culpable, but clearly signals her intention to enlist them as allies against the vendor....an effort that must have proven futile given the Title/target/tone/tenor of this long after the fact thread.

End of story, until now. Though presumably it's been a busy year, during which some decision was made to just single out GS as the villain and do whatever damage that can be done. Why? Who knows. I can't even tell what she expects GS to do for her. Only revenge appears to be desired; evidently to be exacted on any/everyone involved, however remotely.

I guess this is just the way vendettas go!
Old 09-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #34

Contrary to what a lot of people think; Truth is not always a defense to slander/libel. Not if the slander/libel is malicious in intent. Just a thought to keep in mind.
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
They automatically renew the ext warr insurance, the others you self renew. Nat'l General charges you a BIG cancellation fee if, for example, you sell your rig and no longer need them. Nat'l Gen charged approximately $116 to stop the insurance, after they breach our contract agreement & raised the price $25 more/month. It's exactly like what cell phone carriers do with 2 year contracts--only, they said I could cancel anytime without penalties.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Dick: its truly is not slander if it is true and if you are expressing your opinions. If Good Sam, QBENA, Nat'l General want to avoid negative feedback, they can practice " Good Faith" business practices all the time.
And if they want to threaten me, again, and spend their money on more lawyers... It's their nickel. Your premiums go for this.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Wow...Francesca! I agree, I could have taken it thru a few rewrites, anger & chemo brain is like that. But..this was not warranty work. How did you come up with that???????
The Tiffen was purchased conditionally upon fixing a hydraulic issue setting off the alarm continuously above 65 degrees. The first 3 tries they failed to fix it. The 4th try, I was in chemo, dropped bit off...bald..., and they gave it back to me 6 weeks later. 2 days after that they used my GS ext service to get $2500.00. The fix did not work. They tried to coerce mevto use the GS ext service, never telling me, over several emails---its all in writing--that they ever used it at all.

Why didn't they say, "Hey, we used the GS Ext Service for the last fix--lets use it again!".
Nope, never say they ever used it. When I would not conspire to commit insurance fraud, they said, 'don't contact us anymore'.
And they hired a twice-disbarred-for-misconduct auto accident lawyer to threaten me with libel. Then he just vanishes when I showed proof of the fraud. I even tried to call him to just say hello.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
It's kind of fun to see who defends these guys so vehemently. It's a "tell". (Spelling mistakes by Android...)
Old 09-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealstar View Post
.....snip...... Your premiums go for this.
Another head scratcher.

Since your beef is clearly with the RV service vendor, premiums from Good Sam members aren't paying for anything unless you're suing them for- what-paying a bill? In which case they'd of course have to defend themselves.

But since judgements in such cases usually carry clauses requiring the losing party to pay the other party's costs- and often award penalties against claimants found to have acted maliciously- I don't think GS subscribers have much to worry about.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
the BY contract

The 2nd guarantee to fix it came on the final test drive at the loan signing.
The written contract was a condition of signing the loan!
I should have run as fast and as far away as possible that day.
I'm the dumb one. I trusted a written agreement with BY.
The thing is..when I wrote the Google complaint, I wasbcontacting lawyers for breach of contract, way before I knew about the GS kick-back.
I could not start that kind of suit with out a $15k - $25k retainer---just not worth what I'd get out if I sold it.

That's how they get you. It's too much to sue. They laugh all the way to the bank with your money. And you have a guarantee not worth the paper it is written on.

It was such a stunning lesson. Who needs outside enemies---Americans do a great job of destroying each others liberty and freedom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140928_180215.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	75269  
Old 09-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Francesca, Good Sam hired a lawyer too. I have a HUGE PDF summary of the case and allegations. That's how I found out someone at GS-QBENA changed the 2011-$2500.00 amount bto $688.50 sometime after 8/2013'when I discovered BY submitted it.
There are implications to doing that. There are insurance and banking and wire and IRS laws to abide by...
Then it appears it was GS/lawyer who put me under surveillance on BLM land without a permit to do undercover surveillance.
You know how persnickety the BLM is about that.

Your premiums paid for that too.
Do you think they would not spy on Francesca too? Lol....all the way to the bank.

I was defrauded by both, regardless what argument they use to defend their actions to the Feds.

Truthfully, I admired Lemonis' business plan, I have a start-up background in tech, that's why I gave him all my business.

It went wrong because he is just a figure head, he is young, with no real experience outside his Dad's Chevy business. He farms the actual business part out to insurance companies like Farmers, who sold to QBENA; or GMAC, who sold out to Nat'l General.
If you do a "glass door" employee google search, the employees hate working for these companies. He has no control over how screwed up these businesses allow themselves to become.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealstar View Post
Francesca, Good Sam hired a lawyer too
There are implications to doing that. .....snip....
Then it appears it was GS/lawyer who put me under surveillance on BLM land without a permit to do undercover surveillance.
You know how persnickety the BLM is about that.
.......snip..........
Truth is, I'm not that interesting. I doubt that anyone would hire a High Powered Legal Team to creep around hiding behind sagebrush and all, hoping to catch me using the leveling jacks that evidently led to this whole drama. Assuming that's what you think they were looking for in this case.

And now, I must regretfully retire from this interesting conversation since the phone's ringing and I'm pretty sure it's my OTHER conversant in Outer Space on the line.

Live Free and Prosper!