Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2017, 09:01 AM   #43

BEWARE--Beaver UT I-15 Flying J Truck Stop/Sportys To Go Tire/Auto Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by memtb View Post
You sir are "very" fortunate to have "never" fallen prey to "any" form of misleading advertisement!

You sir are "very" correct. I "am" "very" "fortunate" to have "never" "fallen" "prey" to "any" "form" of "misleading" "advertising".

2016 Leisure Travel Libero on a 2015 Chevy 3500 Express
SailorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #44

Just tell 'em it's a rental.....get's rid of 'em quick!.....lol
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post

Good call! That used to work with window and siding salesmen as well!!
memtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:27 AM   #46

Judging from the posts commenting upon how many of the "local" are involved.... The cure (fix/remedy) may require more than one "magazine"! And probably more than the original $4400.00!
memtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:42 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post

Love it!!

2016 Leisure Travel Libero on a 2015 Chevy 3500 Express
SailorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #48

American Coach Owners Club
Thanks for that info as we will be passing through there next week head to S CA and I will be sure to avoid that area for anything.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #49

I'd tell a scammer like this that I want to video the entire process and publish it on YouTube including names of all involved so that I can spread the good and charitable safety work he is doing. Watch how fast he runs from the camera ...
Old 08-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #50

There must be something in the water in Utah. When I was in Moab I traveled north to catch rt 70. Though I really didn't need fuel I stopped at a station called Papa Joes to top off. I reached for the nozzle just at the same time I saw the price which was nearly $5 a gallon which was about twice the going rate. I said no thanks. So you need to be careful.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #51

OSU65Bob
As a Utahan it saddens me that a guest to our state was treated this way, and angers me that there are predatory business like that here.

I believe that truck stop is one of the public/private rest stops that UDOT sponsors. Basically the state puts up rest stop signage and the business agrees to let people use the restrooms for free.
If you are so inclined there is a means to complain to UDOT about that rest stop
https://www.udot.utah.gov/main/f?p=1...0:::1:T,V:1863,

Also notify the Utah Division of Consumer Protection
https://dcp.utah.gov/complaints/manual.html

From what I have read Flying J's response has been that Flying J's only connection to the business is to lease diesel fuel islands. However I can't imagine that complaints to Flying J could go totally unheeded.

At the very least I hope some day I may cross paths with the OSU65Bob and at least buy him a cold one.
(Yeah I know it's Utah so it would be 3.2 cold one)
rocketslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
They got caught again.
Southern Utah tire shop cited by state regulators for defrauding I-15 travelers - The Salt Lake Tribune
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:11 PM   #53

I don't live that far from Beaver. The only time I stopped there for fuel was when there was a power outage where we lived. Because they were they only area with fuel their price went up 20 cents from the day before.
I have a couple of solutions and I don't work for either place. Both are off the I-15 exit 62. One is a Loves and the other is a Maverick that has RV islands. The Maverick usually has a better price for diesel, by 10-15 cents.
On a side note.....This is why I use AMEX cards for all major purchases. I may pay $175 a year but they are more consumer friendly. I have disputed charges 4-5 times in the 25 years I have had the card. Every single time they ruled in my favor. AMEX goes on the assumption that the consumer is right and the retailer has to prove the consumer is wrong.
Cedarmancity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:55 PM   #54

Any body wanna buy a bridge I've got for sale here in AZ?
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #55

Lo and behold, this happened to me today!! I stopped at the Pilot/Dairy Queen UDOT Rest Area on I 15 heading south in Scipio, UTAH, about 50-60 miles from Beaver, UT. They have a petting zoo there and a tire place right next door. While I went inside, Judy started walking dogs and some guy comes up and said he noticed the right front tire on MH is not right. I see them looking at tire and go over and he says look at this. There is a ton of tread left but he said look inside the tread and look at those lines up against tread, that's stress fractures on the tires he says, and it needs replacing right away. He tells me he knows the guy in the tire shop, Clayton's his name and he'll take good care of me. Because I only have about 25,000 miles on my 2014 Anthem, I said are you sure?? Yes, but those Michelin tires are on nationwide backorder but I have some Yoko tires that are $100-$150 cheaper than the Michelins. He said the Michelins cost over a $1000 a piece but he can give me these Yoko's for $850 each and I need to replace both fronts at same time. I said thank you very much and told him I would like to talk with Michelin first as there only 3 1/2 years old and it looks like a lot of tread left. Got out of there ASAP and called Brobox to tell him about what just happened and he said it's a scam and it's on IRV2 now!! Can't believe it. Well, won't be doing any business in UTAH again!!!
Wineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:58 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Understand the same guy owns both the Scipio and Beaver locations.

Please don't blame Utah for the misdeeds of the few.

Tags
beaver