Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
A temporary tag has identifying numbers/letters on it and an expiration date......not just the dealer's name. The "paper tag" as we call them, is registered to the vehicle. After re-reading your OP it sounds to me like you had a tag that was basically dealer advertising and not a temporary tag identifying the vehicle with an expiration date. If I understand correctly you should be thanking the officer because if you were driving on FL roads without a properly registered vehicle it should have been impounded.
I can't remember which state I saw PAPER dealer temp tag on a car traveling the highway, BUT it had no numbers or identifying marks on it. Stated only "TEMP TAG - Tag applied for" on the bottom line and otherwise was a real pretty advertisement for dealership. I imagine that some type of paperwork accompanied the Dealer Advertisement with "tag applied for" temp tag to make it leagal.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

I'm still trying to figure out what jurisdiction the LEO had to enforce (probably non-existent) parking regulations on private property.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Come on to Pensacola. We'll be glad to have you and let you spend your money here. Central Florida has become to much of a "Fantasy Land".
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Yes, Florida is a terrible place and nothing like this would ever happen "up North" at home. Stay..Stay away.. Stay away.

By the way, when was the last time you heard someone say:"I am going to retire and move up north."

Sarcasm key off.
ummm the in-laws did just that. They left MI over 40 yrs ago and moved to FL with all the kids. Kids are now grown and they retired and moved back to MI. Thou right now they do the snow bird thing because his body cannot handle the snow and ice at all so for him they go back to FL for the few winter months. If it was up to her they might have moved all the way to Alaska to keep it snow and ice as long as possible. She's the type that wears shorts in the winter ....
Old 07-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #19

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
ummm the in-laws did just that. They left MI over 40 yrs ago and moved to FL with all the kids. Kids are now grown and they retired and moved back to MI. Thou right now they do the snow bird thing because his body cannot handle the snow and ice at all so for him they go back to FL for the few winter months. If it was up to her they might have moved all the way to Alaska to keep it snow and ice as long as possible. She's the type that wears shorts in the winter ....
More power to them. They are the exception to the rule! Besides, they can always snowbird.

I once proposed to my wife that we go see snow. Her responded:"Hope you have a nice trip." I didn't go.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsgolf View Post
yep was a real cop, nothing to do with the bank. tag was ok just did not get between the lines
Boy would I have a problem..... I over hang 3 lines, or block the isle.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what jurisdiction the LEO had to enforce (probably non-existent) parking regulations on private property.

Rick
I seriously doubt the issue was "parking on the white line", but rather about the vehicle tags...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
that was just a little bump in the road of life , we both got a chuckle out of it. I do like the climate and people down here will definitely probably retire here. we are on the way back up to Indianapolis for a couple of weeks any suggestions on nice parks
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club
I think the heading on this thread is misleading. "beware of parking your toad in private parking lots kissimmee fl"--- if you have just dealer tags and park crooked to draw the attention of a conscientious public servant who risks their life everyday on the job.

There, I think it's much more accurate now.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #24

just a bump

that was actually a bump in the road o f life. smile and go on we will actually come back to retire here one day.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #25

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsgolf View Post
yep was a real cop, nothing to do with the bank. tag was ok just did not get between the lines
If it was a privately owned lot, why was the officer there? What was and/or is the difference between a private parking lot and your driveway??
Wb2IVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
Gutsgolf: It's in the Georgie Boy manual, "Try to avoid smiling at bumps in the road, other less discerning RV owners will think you are up to something"

Enjoy...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #27

I AM
Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wb2IVU View Post
If it was a privately owned lot, why was the officer there? What was and/or is the difference between a private parking lot and your driveway??

Fishy, I'm a retired LEO from Ohio, state laws vary, but here I have no authority to enforce traffic laws, including parking, on private property, include accident reports, unless the vehicle traveled from the roadway onto the private property during the crash. Just my 2 cents.

Funny thing, I was stopped by a female officer recently, said I ran a red light. I pointed out that the light turned green and I started into the intersection and the light went red again, no yellow and there was a problem with the traffic light, only one car could pass. Her reply "that's not my concern". Really, all these years I was always told that traffic control devises were?

Cheers
SD80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad