Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
beware of parking your toad in private parking lots kissimmee fl

my wife was going to take a job in this area recently. we went to open a new bank account since we will be full time for a while. when I parked our jeep the rear tire was on the line. this was on a banks private parking lot!!!!! when I came out a "police officer" was checking it out and writing me a ticket. we had just bought the car and the dealer gave me the title , bill of sale and a tag with his name on it. she informed me I was getting a warning and the car could be towed and impounded since no permanent tag. never cracked a smile as I did my dance of fast talking. she said only since it was a toad she did not impound it. but I had to pull it out of fl till I get a tag. welcome to mickey world. can't wait to get out of here.
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lots of LEO's have a the mentality of Mickey Mouse...in her case Minnie Mouse..

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #3

Or they think they're "Deputy Dawg". Power easily goes to some people's heads and common sense, if they ever had any, goes out. And, don't go a few miles away to Lakeland, FL. They're worse!!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Was this a real cop or the bank's rent-a-cop? If the bank's, I would have had a discussion next with the bank manager. The bank needs to know customers are being treated in this matter.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #5

Was this a real cop or the bank's rent-a-cop? If the bank's

Please tell the public the name of the bank, it will help in the profits later on (-)
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #6

One cop does not a police force make! And IMHO, making a big deal of it is a waste of time, and adds to high blood pressure to even give it more than a couple minutes of time.

Stuff Happens.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #7

Did you drive the vehicle to the bank with a legal liscence plate on it?
channelsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Any FL. or other state dealers Tag should had a expiration date on it.
Was it still good? If not don't blame the cop.
In FL. you also need a Insurance card for that vehicle. Did you have one with you?

If you are an out-of-state resident, purchased a vehicle in Florida and want to drive it back home, you are eligible to obtain a temporary license plate for "in-transit" purposes. However, proof of insurance (from Florida or home state), proof of out of state residency such as a driver license, and sales tax in the amount required by your home state must be paid. If you feel you may be eligible for a temporary license plate, inquire through the local county tax collector's office.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
No offense, but it's not the bank's fault that you drove an improperly registered and poorly parked car to their bank.
You got a warning citation that really means nothing, life is to short to get all bent out of shape over little things like this.
Relax, and enjoy your new vehicle.
Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
yep was a real cop, nothing to do with the bank. tag was ok just did not get between the lines
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to Florida, overall it's a very nice place. A majority of our LEO's are outstanding,-- polite, helpful and courteous. --I see in the OP wife WAS going to take a job in Florida ???

Apparently the dealer checked your insurance, issued a transit tag, collected taxes and fees and completed all the paperwork. (His job for a out of state purchaser).
The lady cop obviously could have handled the situation with a little tact.

take care..
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Was the LEO looking at the Temporary Tag on the vehicle, or the tire being on the line in the parking lot? If it was the later, I would politely ask what the ordinance was that prevented the vehicle to be on the painted lines. My dually usually touches the lines on both sides in a lot of these parking lots. Usually, LEO's don't do anything on private property, ever tried to get an accident report written? Now if it was in a municiple lot, that might be a different stoy.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #13
KIX

A temporary tag has identifying numbers/letters on it and an expiration date......not just the dealer's name. The "paper tag" as we call them, is registered to the vehicle. After re-reading your OP it sounds to me like you had a tag that was basically dealer advertising and not a temporary tag identifying the vehicle with an expiration date. If I understand correctly you should be thanking the officer because if you were driving on FL roads without a properly registered vehicle it should have been impounded.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #14

iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes, Florida is a terrible place and nothing like this would ever happen "up North" at home. Stay..Stay away.. Stay away.

By the way, when was the last time you heard someone say:"I am going to retire and move up north."

Sarcasm key off.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad