Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2020, 10:28 PM   #29

If you need an item quickly from CW you should call to make sure it is in stock. If they need to drop ship from the mfg they will not cancel or refund without assurance from the mfg that the item has
not shipped. I had to wait a week because Dometic never responded to CW’s inquiries. Finally got the refund.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2020, 11:05 PM   #30
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I had just the opposite issue. I ordered a pair of truck wheel well liners on a Wednesday. After I hit enter and paid, I get an email, that due to the Virus, it will be 3-4 weeks until they process the order, IF their state opens up.

I called Thursday and cancelled the order. They told me that they would process the cancelation. The wheel well liners showed Saturday, three days after I ordered them. I call them back.....the woman said she couldn't understand why they kept putting the email out about the Virus. I'm sure it cost them all their profit by the time they paid for the return shipping, as I had ordered from someone else.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:13 PM   #31

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just don't do any business with CampingWorld. No problems. There are many other sources for everything CW sells.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:49 AM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Bill View Post
Tried that yesterday. Haven't gotten a answer but, this is a holiday weekend. I will post when I get a answer.
Got a email from some Good Sam VP saying they had cancelled my order and my money would be credited back to my card in 10 to 14 days. Took them 2 seconds to charge my card but 2 weeks to credit it. I guess if they do enough people that way they can operate on other peoples money while trying to avoid bankruptcy.
TN Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:12 AM   #33

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I usually buy from Amazon for my rv needs. No issues returning or receiving refunds to my card. Maybe a bit slower these days.

Only a couple of times did we have to involve our bank Visa folks to assist with a refund. In those occasions they had our back and removed the charge.

All they ask if that you make an earnest attempt to work with the vendor first and always document your attempts.

It is what it is these days.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:23 AM   #34

X2 for Amazon, but be sure to check availability and shipping time. I needed a lift handle for my A & E awning. Amazon had it in stock and, as is their custom, showed "may be less cost from other suppliers". The other price was $5 less, but very long shipping time from China. Paid the Amazon price and the part will be here in 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
I usually buy from Amazon for my rv needs. No issues returning or receiving refunds to my card. Maybe a bit slower these days.

Only a couple of times did we have to involve our bank Visa folks to assist with a refund. In those occasions they had our back and removed the charge.

All they ask if that you make an earnest attempt to work with the vendor first and always document your attempts.

It is what it is these days.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:53 PM   #35

I absolutely refuse to do business with CW. The way they have mistreated many friends and others that I have read about who spent hard earned money to purchase a RV and not be able to enjoy for periods of 5/6 months. Warranties are half over. Some of the sloppy work from many manufacturers you can't get resolved with a full year of use and discovery!

I feel very fortunate having had great service from two dealers, but that required me to drive 225 miles to one and 160 to the other, both one way. CW is only 23 miles down the road.

I have been able to find most things online for less than CW (never more) and have them delivered to my front door.

Sorry for the rant, but 20 years of firsthand knowledge has made me very cynical.
60sguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:01 PM   #36

I haven't had issues with any online ordering...but I'm not ordering lots of stuff all the time, so maybe I've been lucky. I do purchase from CW on occasion. Just recently they ran a sale on the Sleep Number beds and it was hundreds less than anywhere else...$500 less than direct from Sleep Number who was also running a "sale." I'd been waiting for a "real" sale price on this bed somewhere so I ordered it and it arrived just fine in around a week...shipped from California so it was half way across the country.

It's normal now for many stores to just be marketing fronts without inventory of a lot of the items they sell online. Soon it will be the only way to compete, I'm afraid.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchick View Post
marcus lemonis (president of camping world) has ads all over saying if your are not happy call him. try that and let us know how it goes.

https://rv.campingworld.com/marcusvip
That worked for me, when time was of the essence, they failed to meet their delivery commitment, and their price was not the lowest. They refunded the order and I just refused delivery when it finally arrived.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:59 AM   #38

Spartan Chassis
Camping world rating

I am not shocked with CW problems. For the past 5+ years they have been ranked second worst in customer service among all retailers. Guess who has number one locked down, Walmart. Many say if Camping World had as many locations as Walmart they'd own number one.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
For the past 5+ years they have been ranked second worst in customer service among all retailers.
Which study is that? I've looked around and there are studies all over. Who is worst varies greatly, though I did find Walmart at or near the bottom in several studies. Others that show up are the big banks, Comcast....I even saw that Apple Stores had horrible rankings in one survey. Sears was at the bottom on one. I have yet to find Camping World listed at all, so wondering what survey is picking them up?
Old 07-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #40

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701A View Post
Which study is that? I've looked around and there are studies all over. Who is worst varies greatly, though I did find Walmart at or near the bottom in several studies. Others that show up are the big banks, Comcast....I even saw that Apple Stores had horrible rankings in one survey. Sears was at the bottom on one. I have yet to find Camping World listed at all, so wondering what survey is picking them up?
Every year our local TV stations have stories about one of the consumer watchdog group issuing a list of the worst customer service among retailers. They only include retail stores, not banks, cable tv, or anything like that. It usually come out mid June but this year it is late. (Covid-19?)
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #41

I usually price CW, Amazon, and the manu.
If all the same, I go with Amazon because of the return policy.
CW has usually been good to me, although I've been waiting a couple of months for a backordered Surge Protector Monitor. Not very important.

Covus and China.

Seems like quite a few of the vendors/manu I've contacted in the last couple of months are working from home.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:20 PM   #42

Three points...
1. Had a similar issue. Item backordered. Finally sent item but it was not complete. Had to contact via phone. Customer service was excellent once I got through. Getting through is the issue.
2. I've been owed a refund from PayPal for 3 months. They have no phone service folks. I try every week. I'll get my money eventually but it's aggravating.
3. I'll probably just stick with Amazon going forward. Never an issue.
Prof_T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world