Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2015, 09:23 PM   #71

We always never place any contact data and request first contact via cl email.

Folks argue that they could not figure it out but if they can see the add they likely have email...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 05:27 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
We always never place any contact data and request first contact via cl email.

Folks argue that they could not figure it out but if they can see the add they likely have email...

When you click reply by email it wants you to use windows live mail. There there is the thing that said copy and paste on your email. If I am on my mobile I cant do this. I have to wait until I get to a actual computer. That is very inconvenient. If I see something I need I need to contact asap or it may be too late. I am only 40 years old but I am old school in the way I hate text messages and hate email. I want to dial a number and talk to a real person.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:57 AM   #73

March of last year I put my 1994 PaceArrow on Craig's List on a Sunday night. Got a email Monday they came and looked did not even take it for a ride said they would take it,came back Wednesday with cash and drove it away.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:29 AM   #74

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Craigs List- where buyers and sellers both risk being killed.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #75

It uses whatever email you have setup.

We prefer to avoid the mess if stupid calls from the past.

We provide number via email.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #76

American Coach Owners Club
Lets not forget that people have been scammed, robbed and even killed by bad actors using newspaper and magazine classified ads's long before Craigslist came out. You have always and always will need to be careful when dealing with strangers!
Old 05-05-2015, 12:27 PM   #77

Here in our town the police department allows you to meet up and complete your Craig's List transaction in the lobby of the police station. I doubt you can go wrong with that type of meet. Also, a local pawn shop allows the same thing.
Clicker1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #78

I always bring my best friend with me wherever I go.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
We never place any contact data and request first contact via cl email.

Folks argue that they could not figure it out but if they can see the ad they have email...
Best way I know to cull scammers is to ask for their zip and area codes along with their phone number. Anybody in the USA knows what's being asked, and those that don't, don't answer back.

On the off-chance that I hit a nerve with somebody and they give me a good old-fashioned what for via response, that's OK too. I know he's real.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #80

I might have caught one RV dealer napping. This might be his invoice price.

2015 Grand Design Momentum Fifth Wheel 388M

here is the link to all only 388M they have in stock

2015 Grand Design Momentum 388M Fifth Wheel Selma, TX Crestview RV Superstore | Selma, TX RV Dealer | Selma Texas RV Sales
QuixoticElixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:26 AM   #81

In the Vancouver area the police invite any one conducting a high value Craigslist transaction to use the police departments parking lot. Standard video coverage and cops moving in and out.
NorthernDriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:18 PM   #82

In Chicago, before I moved to St. Augustine, I sold quite a bit of furniture, video gear, hi fi gear and musical instruments on Craigslist, with people coming to my place to examine and audition the goods. No sweat.
Menendez is offline   Reply With Quote