Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2021, 04:56 PM   #1

Beyond frustrated

I am trying to get internet service for my coach. I have a Winegard WF2-35B antenna. I am wanting to get internet service as I will stream my television with my Roku and Firestick devices.

I am having the most frustrating time getting a service provider to help. I currently have Verizon for my cellphone and would like to use them for this to minimize billing. I have been transferred and rerouted to others who don't seem to know what I am talking about. Can someone please provide me with a phone number or website that I can check out to set this up. Thank you in advance for your help in this.
EMingus257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2021, 05:48 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Carolina Campers
If you are on the move a lot, I would try Nomad Internet. If you are stationary for a while, see if TMO Fixed Wireless Access is available at that location.
GrantR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMingus257 View Post
I am trying to get internet service for my coach. I have a Winegard WF2-35B antenna. I am wanting to get internet service as I will stream my television with my Roku and Firestick devices.

I am having the most frustrating time getting a service provider to help. I currently have Verizon for my cellphone and would like to use them for this to minimize billing. I have been transferred and rerouted to others who don't seem to know what I am talking about. Can someone please provide me with a phone number or website that I can check out to set this up. Thank you in advance for your help in this.
Search up starlink. If you're stationary. Not sure if they do mobile. Which wouldn't make sense why they wouldn't the dishes are self actuating.
R0ughhab1tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We gave up trying to stream and stuck with Dish satellite for TV. We can usually get sufficient internet with the cell phone, local park WiFi and a program called Speedify to stack the connections.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:44 PM   #5

I agree with grantR. I tried nomad on a 20 day trip and it worked very well driving down the road. Did get slow in a few areas but streamed prime and made video calls.
frank1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:07 AM   #6

This video might help: Scroll down to the videos on the Amazon page and the one by Doug & Niki is pretty goo and answers your questions.
https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-Conn...39445429&psc=1
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:42 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Nomad

While Nomad will work for streaming, my personal experience is that you can't rely on them. If something goes wrong and your speed drops (and I mean drops. Less than .1mbs), it can take over two weeks or more without internet until they get you back up and running.

Ask me how I know ....

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:52 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Personally I have no experience with a Winegard WF2-35B antenna or likes there of..

for traveling and I stay here in the east, Maine to Virginia to Ohio, occasional Florida trips..
I use a TMobile phone/data and a Visible.. either hooks to my little Router GL-AR750S.. set up proper, I have 80% coverage and use..

I also have a Mikrotik set up with an antenna I pop on side of RV..

I know mot people want One stop, no fiddle, flip switch.. I am sure some have that but in my case it is not that simple under my current budget for RVing..

I am sure the Winegard should work once you learn the tricks..
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:21 AM   #9

You shouldn't need to talk to anyone to get a sim card and a plan on Verizon, if you are already a customer. Even if you are not a customer.

Log into your account on a computer or open the app on your phone. Go to manage plan. Choose add line. Choose bring your own device. Choose other device. Choose unlocked and type the IMEI from the WF2-35B. The website will decide if your device is compatible. You have the newer version so it should be. Choose the plan and checkout. They usually deliver the SIM in two days.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:42 AM   #10

To add to Brad2018 - all you need is a data plan. You can get one from Verizon for $60 for 100GB or go to an AT&T store and get a prepaid plan 100GB plan for $55. The reps may not know anything about Winegard; all they need to know is you have your own cellular modem/hotspot/etc.

You will likely get a SIM card that has many sizes based on where you break it apart. Make sure you know which size you need before you remove it from the larger piece. If you break it if too small, you may need to by an adapter.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:51 AM   #11

If you know your device's IMEI and buy your own SIM, I think you can get the AT&T 100 GB for $55 plan online here.

https://www.att.com/prepaid/activations/#/activate.html

Here are some SIMs

https://www.amazon.com/Authentic-AT-.../dp/B07P98F3YN

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-Sim-Card-Kit/119019437

I think any unused SIM starting with 89014 will work. That's AT&T's prefix.
tetranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:11 AM   #12
Community Moderator

We have Verizon as well as you. We use a MIFI device for our internet. Between the 2 MIFIs we have 40Gbs and use ROKO device my wife bought thru Amazon.
We do not do streaming everyday, but we do watch some shows on ROKO monthly/weekly.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:59 AM   #13

Here is the instruction webpage for the Winegard WF2-35B. There are multiple manuals and videos.

https://winegard.com/index.php/suppo...runs-with-togo

Here is the installation and start up functions.

https://d38mfwkkxtsm2m.cloudfront.ne...ts/2452432.pdf

You need to install the Winegard application on your tablet as per instructions. The instructions say the WF2 already has an ATT sim card in it. Going through the steps will activate the sim card.

There are support phone numbers and a "chat" function, even a special ATT phone number.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:12 AM   #14

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/

The above site provides one with a non biased view of what is available in both hardware & data plans. Also provides discussions on the technology.

There are a variety of cellular modems available which will enable you to stream media to your TV's. The difficulty most people have is finding a data plan that is compatible with the hardware you are using.

As others have advised, it's normally easier to go to your cellular providers web site, and validate that the IMEI of your device is workable with the data only plan (not a cellular phone plan) you select. SIM card arrives in a day or two. Follow the instructions to insert it into your device & you should be up & running.

Good luck!
lemodrop9344 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust