Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2020, 07:15 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoustrup View Post
I have a Blackstone Tailgator which have both a grill and a griddle. Grill is removable for large pot for boiling water and such.
I’m thinking of getting the Blackstone flat top in addition to my grill but am considering the black stone tail gate, but I am concerned about cleaning the grilling portion. When you use the grilling portion is it easy to clean? I take great care of my grills, at home I tear them down and power wash them once every few months, once I see a large build up. Im on my 2nd camping grill, it’s A Cuisinart suitcase type. I find it cooks well and it’s very easy to break down, clean and store. I scrape it down and spray with simply green bbq cleaner, rinse it out every use, takes me 10 min. Is the BS tail gate grill/griddle this simple?
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2020, 07:52 AM   #72

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
Question for those who have had their Blackstone for a few seasons...My wife has been wanting one for a while now... my only hesitation has been that it’s not made of stainless steel... Is corrosion an issue? And how is the catch system setup on it?
I love cooking on my seasoned cast iron griddle inserts on my Webber Q btw, but the surface is too small when cooking for 6 which we do often. I also like the catch pan setup under my Webber Q.
We've had the Blackstone 22" with stand for a couple of years now and can say that if used on any kind of regular basis there are no issues at all with the rolled steel surface.

We had a Camp Chef 3 burner with griddle previously (both 2 burner griddle and 3 burner) which was HEAVY!!! It worked very well but was just too heavy and took up a lot of space. Of the two units we prefer the rear grease cup on the BS to the front system on the CC.

After having a Weber 2000 and the Camp chef we now use the Blackstone with a GMG Davy Crockett smoker and find these the PERFECT set-up for us and both fit nicely in the basement of our 36' DP.
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:25 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina19 View Post
I traded my grill for the Blackstone and have zero regrets. That thing is great! I was wary about steaks but they were amazing when I tried them in the griddle.

I have been trying to figure out how to hook the black stone up to my house propane. Can you pass along a picture of the connection you use or a link to where you purchased?

Thanks!
Christina
At home, I connect to a 20 lb tank using the fittings that came with the griddle. I got a combo set from Walmart - stand, connection for a mini propane bottle, hose and regulator for a 20 lb tank, stand, and griddle lid. This looks to be what was included : https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackston...4ec5fc8f3eca64

For the trailer, I picked up the fittings and a 12' long hose from Propane Gear. Products seem to be of very good quality.

https://propanegear.com/
Old 02-17-2020, 05:50 AM   #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam View Post
At home, I connect to a 20 lb tank using the fittings that came with the griddle. I got a combo set from Walmart - stand, connection for a mini propane bottle, hose and regulator for a 20 lb tank, stand, and griddle lid. This looks to be what was included : https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackston...4ec5fc8f3eca64

For the trailer, I picked up the fittings and a 12' long hose from Propane Gear. Products seem to be of very good quality.

https://propanegear.com/
Thank you!! The propane gear site seems to have what I need to hook to the propane tank on my motorhome. I could find a quick connect to the motorhome easily but not the fitting to the griddle. Searched Amazon, Walmart and a few other places with no luck. Appreciate the tip!

Christina
Christina19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:27 AM   #75

Thumbs up Sealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxB View Post
Right now we're using a small Weber charcoal grill when we go camping, but considering purchasing a Blackstone griddle. Anyone switched from a grill to a Blackstone? Happy with your choice? I'd appreciate thoughts of those who use the griddle instead of a grill.
We've had our 22" Black stone for a year now. It's a fantastic tool. Everything is cooked to perfection. The best thing about it is the clean up, quick and easy. When we put it in the storage bay there is no smell when you open the door.
SealDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:41 PM   #76

Love our Blackstone Tailgater-best of both worlds,alway in the trailer ready to go.
DJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #77

I just purchased one a 22". now I have to put it together, they wanted @100.00 dollars to assemble it now that worries me lol
Old 02-19-2020, 05:36 PM   #78
NXR

Blackstone griddle v. Grill

Quote:
I just purchased one a 22". now I have to put it together, they wanted @100.00 dollars to assemble it[emoji782] now that worries me lol

Do you perhaps have a “reputation” with the seller? [emoji4]

One of the best mods I did was to get a couple of heavy duty handles from Home Depot and screw one to each side. That makes the 22” grill much easier to lift in and out of the side compartment.

Ray
Old 02-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1 View Post
Blackstone Tailgater. Best of both worlds! IMG_0060 by Craig Schriever, on Flickr
scored one of these 3 weeks ago at local tractor supply, left over manager special. was marked down to 155, then down to 125 for the day.. I had a 25% entire buy and a 15% any clearance items.. so it went to 106.25, then 78.65 plus tax... LOL

Cant wait to try it out...
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:01 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Do you perhaps have a “reputation” with the seller? [emoji4]

One of the best mods I did was to get a couple of heavy duty handles from Home Depot and screw one to each side. That makes the 22” grill much easier to lift in and out of the side compartment.

Ray
not that I know of but maybe guess I may
Old 02-20-2020, 07:11 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
I just purchased one a 22". now I have to put it together, they wanted @100.00 dollars to assemble it now that worries me lol
If you bought the stand kit, there might be a little bit of assembly. If you just got the grill, there is literally nothing to assemble.
Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:52 AM   #82

22" Blackstone + lid + stand

Amazon = $286
Walmart = $179

I know some manufactures make special Walmart versions that are a lower quality, is there a difference other than the SS front between these?
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:13 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
22" Blackstone + lid + stand

Amazon = $286
Walmart = $179

I know some manufactures make special Walmart versions that are a lower quality, is there a difference other than the SS front between these?

Interestingly, I don't see a match to the Walmart kit on Amazon, In addition to the griddle, lid, and stand, Walmart include a hose to connect to a bulk propane tank.

Also, to your question, I have the Walmart version. I looked at the silver front version at Home Depot, it looks to me like the "guts" are identical in both.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:46 AM   #84

We don't have a Blackstone for camping yet. But the one that stays at home is the 28". We have a constant wind at home, and I wasn't happy with the temps I was getting on the griddle. I built a little windblock for it out of aluminum, and that thing gets hot as heck now. I still haven't used it for steak or chicken. But breakfast stuff is outstanding. And burgers on it are far better than a grilled one, in my opinion. A burger gets a far more satisfying crust when it's fried like this than grilled.

Edit--It really surprises me that I can't find one with a stainless steel cooking surface, though. Is that a bad idea for some reason? It seems like that would make the whole thing a bit easier and less picky.