Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2023, 06:28 PM   #71

Spartan Chassis
I have LED lights under my slides but they're only on when we're sitting outside. I know full time RVers who have solar lights they charge during the day, then they set them underneath their RVs at night to keep mice/rats away. I can't say if it works or not but I carry coyote urine to spray around the RV. Mice/rats are primarily nocturnal but so are coyotes and they feed on rodents and these rodents know that so they will avoid any area that the coyotes are prevalent. It doesn't take much to work so it doesn't stink up the area. This is a much better solution and won't disturb the neighbors.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2023, 08:54 AM   #72

It's situation dependent. In a crowded RV park in/near the city... I don't care if they leave lights on 24 hours a day. I don't expect to have "quite and solitude" at such a place.

On the other hand, at a Dark Sky Reserve like Big Bend National Park, turn the lights OFF!!! Your not only being self absorbed but you are in fact polluting the natural environment.
jrollf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:21 AM   #73

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Gotta laugh at the comment of the flashlight being shined in his eyes as he walks his dog. Some people never get past that 6 yr old stage where they just have to shine their flash light right in your face. Then technology comes along with super bright LED lights and now the poor victim of the 60yr old - 6yr old with a light has permanent retina damage! That’s why I carry my tactical light from my LEO days and light them up too. Fair is fair here. ��

As an act of consideration to others when in any vehicle I’m in at night and stopped, I turn off the headlights and only leave on the parking lights if I have to be there inside a while. Ever sit in a restaurant and have someone pull up and sit in their idling for 15 minutes sitting in their vehicle with their headlights glaring into the window at you while you try to enjoy dinner? I shut mine off quickly so that it doesn’t bother anyone.
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 01:10 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchemie View Post
As an act of consideration to others when in any vehicle I’m in at night and stopped, I turn off the headlights and only leave on the parking lights if I have to be there inside a while. Ever sit in a restaurant and have someone pull up and sit in their idling for 15 minutes sitting in their vehicle with their headlights glaring into the window at you while you try to enjoy dinner? I shut mine off quickly so that it doesn’t bother anyone.
I shut down the headlights most every time, especially in campgrounds. We've had a few occasions when someone arrived after dark and backed in with brights pointing straight to where we were sitting around the campfire. It blinds us but doesn't aid them in setting up their camp in any way. I don't think they're trying to be bumholes, they just aren't thinking.
Old 03-15-2023, 01:37 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
I shut down the headlights most every time, especially in campgrounds. We've had a few occasions when someone arrived after dark and backed in with brights pointing straight to where we were sitting around the campfire. It blinds us but doesn't aid them in setting up their camp in any way. I don't think they're trying to be bumholes, they just aren't thinking.
we are becoming a nation of non-thinkers on so many levels......
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 01:42 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psneeld View Post
we are becoming a nation of non-thinkers on so many levels......
Hasn't this ( and more) been said by every generation about the next generation?
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 01:51 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprobate View Post
Hasn't this ( and more) been said by every generation about the next generation?
I am not saying it about future generations, I am saying about all generations.

It's a slide on so many levels... some think every one is grumpy...maybe it goes hand in hand.

There is some science behind my statement to if you do a little investigating.
Old 03-15-2023, 03:11 PM   #78

Quote:
I am not saying it about future generations, I am saying about all generations.

It's a slide on so many levels... some think every one is grumpy...maybe it goes hand in hand.

Alrighty then....
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 12:18 PM   #79

Quote:
That "science" isn't that movie "Idiocracy" is it.

I like to look out for people doing stupid stuff when I go about in public. You have to allow some leeway for younger people making mistakes that older people might not because that's just how life works. But since this was mentioned and I think about it, when it comes to people just doing thoughtlessly inconsiderate or just plain inconsiderate stuff, I can't point to any age bracket. It's spread out from old to young quite well.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 03:50 PM   #80

Times change. To the poster that mentioned respect, maybe in today's camping life leaving your lights on is a sign of respect to others. It is always hard to tell how behaviors translate without asking.

MIke
fuelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:21 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelish View Post
Times change. To the poster that mentioned respect, maybe in today's camping life leaving your lights on is a sign of respect to others. It is always hard to tell how behaviors translate without asking.

MIke
I agree times and things do change.

All it takes is a little discussion with other campers or a bit of research on the net these days to find out what seems to be current camping etiquette. Respect means understanding your wants and needs versus the needs and wants of others.

There are parks where the RV could have major floodlights on all night long and it won't affect the overall night pollution one tiny bit...but there are many places where the all around lights and accent lights and anything but dim lights to improve safety are obviously worsening the nighttime experience for others.

If that is too hard to figure out then I am truly scared to be driving down the road with these types of RVers.

Tags
light