Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2020, 06:10 PM   #1

Blue Ox Patriot Battery Solution?

My Ford shuts the cigarette outlet down after an hour and 15 minutes which leaves my Patriat brake system useless.

Does anyone use an AGM or Lithium Ion (sitting on the passenger's floor) to power their Patriot? I am thinking of just taking a charger and charging it up each night.

I dont think the battery gets used too much its just the timing out that kills me.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Keith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2020, 06:33 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I ran a 12vdc line from the battery and installed a plug for the brake. About the easiest thing to do.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang37 View Post
I ran a 12vdc line from the battery and installed a plug for the brake. About the easiest thing to do.
that seems like a good option too. I did put a 12V charger on the truck from the RV but it seemed a tough to get from the battery to the cabin. Did you use air vents??
Keith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
My Ford shuts the cigarette outlet down after an hour and 15 minutes which leaves my Patriat brake system useless.

Does anyone use an AGM or Lithium Ion (sitting on the passenger's floor) to power their Patriot? I am thinking of just taking a charger and charging it up each night.

I dont think the battery gets used too much its just the timing out that kills me.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Have occasionally done that. I installed a outlet directly from my battery which works good most of the time. But, it has on occasion ran fine my battery, so I also installed a charge line from mH to battery.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #5

I use a Clore Automotive Jump-n-Carry.
ageishecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
I have used a marine battery or a Battery Booster Jump Start. Both work very well. I like the battery booster because it was light and easy to handle. Had to charge every night. Big difference in Amp Hours between the batteries. That said, they are great options if you do not want to run more wires.

Keep in mind, that a marine battery is designed to discharge and recharge. A battery booster will not last long if you keep draining and recharging. That said, I use the Battery Booster for short trips, and a marine battery for long extended stay trips.

Good luck.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:38 AM   #7

Bought an adapter from Amazon and ran it through the firewall.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-15-2020, 06:40 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would check the fire wall close to where the other electrical plugs are located for a rubber insert. I had a Fiesta which has a rubber insert close to the electrical plugs that I ran the line thru.
Old 11-15-2020, 06:53 PM   #9

I had the same dilemma with my tow as we were leaving town right after the baseplate was installed and had no time to mess with adding a direct line to the battery. I did what some of the others mentioned, above: I bought one of those $50-60 jump starter battery packs which have a 12v cig lighter built in. This sits on my passenger floor and has done just fine.

Tags
battery, blue ox