Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce C View Post
A booster pump on a diesel, yes, because of the distance of the draw. On a gas coach no, it's located in the rear near the gas tank.
My fuel tank is located 6' from the Onan genset and 33' from the engine. Never heard of a fuel tank in the rear of a diesel pusher, it's usually 3-4' behind the front suspension assy.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2018, 08:25 AM   #16

We bought a 2012 Forest River Sunseeker class c motorcoach with the V10 about 2 weeks ago. Our Cummins Onan RV QG 4000 sometimes dies after about 20 minutes of running. I replaced the fuel filter thinking that was the problem. Then two days later I replaced the fuel pump thinking that would solve the problem. I'm still having the generator problem of it quitting either when I'm driving down a very flat road (we live in Lubbock) or sitting with the engine off. Anybody else in the posting have any luck w/ the booster pump idea? I think I read somewhere to make that pump only work while the generator is running and not while the V10 is running. Needing help please!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 07-01-2018, 05:24 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
HAVE you changed the fuel filter in line with the fuel pump? A larger fuel filter between tank and pump. Also clamping fuel line and dropping a line into a gas can would narrow to tHem side or tank side.

LEN
Old 07-02-2018, 05:31 AM   #18

It was common to do a vacuum test on a fuel test on the fuel line where I have worked. Problems found were not just the lines, but included the pick up inside the fuel tank or a part of the fuel pump/sender assembly.

I had an '88 Dodge Dakota pick up that gave me grief for awhile until I pulled the fuel pump/ sender assembly out of the tank and put it in a bucket of gas, plugged the line and energized the pump. I found an o-ring on the metal line where it went into the pump assembly head had cracked and the pump was losing fuel back into the tank.

Had a weird one when I worked for Cummins. Someone had thrown a cigar butt in the fuel tank of a semi tractor. It would plug off the fuel when sucked to the end of the stand pipe, then when the engine died would float free and the engine would restart. Then would randomly plug the pipe again. Fun stuff.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:24 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer-1 View Post
We bought a 2012 Forest River Sunseeker class c motorcoach with the V10 about 2 weeks ago. Our Cummins Onan RV QG 4000 sometimes dies after about 20 minutes of running. I replaced the fuel filter thinking that was the problem. Then two days later I replaced the fuel pump thinking that would solve the problem. I'm still having the generator problem of it quitting either when I'm driving down a very flat road (we live in Lubbock) or sitting with the engine off. Anybody else in the posting have any luck w/ the booster pump idea? I think I read somewhere to make that pump only work while the generator is running and not while the V10 is running. Needing help please!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Have you tried changing the spark plugs, air filter, oil filter, and oil? I had a similar problem with my Onan 5500 and that solved the problem, along with a Seafoam treatment. If the oil is foaming because it is too full, the generator will shut itself down. Hope this helps, Tom.
tada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, gas, generator, tank