Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2021, 08:22 AM   #43

We have a Buc-ee's right up the road from us near the Texas Motor Speedway and they leave their cars at the pumps all the time. What's frustrating is when a 4 of the DEF pumps are blocked because they went inside.

Now with the TSD card we very seldom fuel there anymore.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B52Rnav View Post
We agree with D20, the Bucees at Robertsdale, AL is a mess. The store and number of pumps are typical of a big Bucees, but the parking lot is about half the typical size. We were there early Friday afternoon and congestion was bad, but we were able to get to an outside pump for fuel with no issue. But there was no place to park our 40 ft rig + tow, so we just left. There were a few rigs parked along the curbs, but no other place to park. Some of the newer Bucees in Texas have dedicated diesel and DEF pumps. Not this one.

Diesel price was not that good, so we will probably skip this Bucees from now on.
the entrance and exit area is broken lol, also the way they stacked their pumps made it even more interesting. That is not a good bucees for RVs.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudbuster View Post
Sorry to here they were on my trip plan next month heading to to AZ. How do you educate folks to not park at the pump & ho inside shopping . My number pet peeve!

Those types of people could care less about others (actually don't even think about others, just me,me,me).

What does comedian Ron White say:
"You Can't Fix Stupid".

Tim
Old 05-07-2021, 07:45 PM   #46

mmm mmm good

Stopped at the Buckees across from Texas Motor Speedway last evening 5/06 on way home from DFW airport. Brisket sandwich with pickles & onions and a bag of their homemade chips, ate in parking lot. Fine dining at its best.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:02 PM   #47

I avoid Buc ees as often as possible. The fuel is usually more expensive than Valero and the merchandise is over priced Chinese junk. The only thing they're good for is the super clean bathrooms.
Hurricane-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #48

The Buc-ees in Alabama was the first one outside of Texas, and they seem to have made some critical mistakes in the design of that location. That they had to put in an OVERFLOW parking lot says a lot.

That location is a complete zoo pretty much all the time. The ones in Daytona and St Augustine are better, and bigger.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:15 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudbuster View Post
Sorry to here they were on my trip plan next month heading to to AZ. How do you educate folks to not park at the pump & ho inside shopping . My number pet peeve!

Simple solution, pass a state law saying cars left unattended at gas pumps for over 5 minutes shall be considered a potential safety hazard and are subject to towing, the same as if they were parked blocking a fire hydrant.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:36 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS505 View Post
I stop there all the time when we are traveling through Texas.

The fresh fried potato chips are really good
Sounds yummy.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:24 PM   #51

Love Buccee’s! We’re constantly traveling from DFW to Austin and Houston so we hit them up when we can. We don’t even mess with it if it’s a busy weekend. Saturday at noon is a no go!

Lots of diesel pumps, great convenience store food and clean bathrooms. They’re not for everyone but if the world could run like Buccees and Chik Fil A there would be a lot less problems.
03ki11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:43 PM   #52

A new buc ees recently opened in St Augustine, fl ( I-95). Diesel pumps are very easy to enter and exit for any size rig. Like many other Buc ees, there is plenty of parking but over night stays are prohibited
bneiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:42 AM   #53

the Buc-ees in Alabama was so crowded traffic was backed up onto the access road, I made a u turn and skadaddled.
#10050 GVWR, #18500 GCWR Smoke that!
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:06 PM   #54

RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
the Buc-ees in Alabama was so crowded traffic was backed up onto the access road, I made a u turn and skadaddled.
The traffic is crazy around a Buc-ees mostly because of folks after fueling go inside to shop, it’s no wonder they need 100 + pumps. Not for me at least if fueling at a big box store most people have the curtesy to park before shopping.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:25 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
There's always at least one exception to a rule. The Buc ees in Port Lavaca TX definitely has truck pumps. I'm sure there have to be others.
Same with the Buc-cees in Luling, TX. It's at the intersection of 183 and Interstate 10. It's got a row of diesel only pumps in the rear side of the lot away from the whole regular huge bank of pumps. There's tons of space to maneuver around and park in a large Class A.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:57 PM   #56

Just because they have diesel only pumps does not mean they allow 18 wheeler commercial trucks, there are a lot of privately owned diesel trucks in Texas, though I have also seen obviously commercial trucks at Buc-ees locations with the no-commercial trucks signs at the entrance, though these are the more gray area commercial vehicles, such as the last time I was parked in the parking lot at buc-ees as I was pulling out a commercial fire training truck and trailer pulled next to me, it was an F450 or F550 pulling a travel trailer style portable classroom.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote