Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #1

Buying Batteries at Quartzsite

Does anyone know if there is anyone at Quartzsite that sell and installs batteries? I want to switch from 2 12volt to 4 6volt.... It would be nice to have peace of mind knowing the wiring is done right with the right size cabling etc.....

I would do it myself but if I can get someone else to do it why not...

I have looked at Costco and their batteries are 11 1/4 inches high and all I have is 11 inches....

Thanks Lee
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Quite a few during the winter months but I have no idea if there are any right now. Shop prices as they vary quite a bit. Can't recommend Solar Bill for being cheap
Old 09-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #3

Howdy!

There are several places but we used Discount Solor when we where in Quartzsite. They had several (12 and 6 volt) brands to choose from and also have the wiring and they will install. They stay very busy and usnually have to make and appointment as they install a lot of Solor. We purshased our first Solor system from them years ago.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have used discount solar for many years, both on our camper and on both motorhomes they always have done a great job and at a reasonable price, good people to work with...............
stryker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Lee

Are your 12 volt batteries sitting in a channel iron rack or in trays?

Mine were in a rack so I had them take out the rack and install four Costco batteries.

Now I can actually get to them to check water level.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gamblers RV Supply in the Rice Ranch section had decent battery prices last year. I don't know if they install.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:49 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to Dsrtrider
Batteries

Battery Systems does it there during RV show time.
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbyjig View Post
Lee

Are your 12 volt batteries sitting in a channel iron rack or in trays?

Mine were in a rack so I had them take out the rack and install four Costco batteries.

Now I can actually get to them to check water level.
Mine are on a slide out tray... Problem I am running into is Height I only have 11 inches and Costco Batteries are 11 1/4.... I know I can grind off that 1/4inch but I am not comfortable doing the install anyway
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:40 AM   #9

Yours and mine are the same and it's not a big deal doing it yourself (personally I trust myself to do it right). You might think about cutting the steel face plate up a little or you might get some serious sparks pushing the drawer back. It's not structural. I scored it with a Dremel and bent it off then smoothed, painted and then covered it with a Nylon edge cover. I doubt you'll get a sanitary job out there. IIRC my U-2200's did slide in but I elected to trim anyway. With T-125/145's you HAVE to trim.

I bought my T-145's from Battery Systems in Van Nuys but I'll bet the prices will be higher in Q not to mention having to wait for an appt. and break camp.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:04 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I recommend the gambler at Rice Ranch but doubt that they have batteries now
Old 09-11-2016, 07:00 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Does anyone know if there is anyone at Quartzsite that sell and installs batteries? I want to switch from 2 12volt to 4 6volt.... It would be nice to have peace of mind knowing the wiring is done right with the right size cabling etc.....

I would do it myself but if I can get someone else to do it why not...

I have looked at Costco and their batteries are 11 1/4 inches high and all I have is 11 inches....

Thanks Lee
I doubt you will find standard 6 volt golf cart batteries that are 1/4" shorter in height. I cut 3/8" off the gusset above the battery tray with no adverse effects on structure. I then covered the gusset with a plastic cable cover.

Check the width of your slide out tray as I had to widen mine approximately 1". See pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment - Copy (1).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	138632  
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:20 AM   #12

The trays are different between the 32T and 34H. We can fit 4ea. GC-2's and a piece of 2x4 to shim. I have a friend with a 32T and he's looking at reworking his tray also

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, quartzsite