Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2018, 07:12 AM   #1

Cabela's, Ft Worth, Texas

We live a little NW of FTW and drive by the FTW Cabela's several times a week and I find myself stopping by regularly. They have had a dump station in the north parking lot since the store was built in the RV/Truck parking area which we have used many times over the years.

I stopped by yesterday and noticed they were redoing all the landscaping and then I noticed they had taken the dump station out.

When I went in I asked a manager if that was temporary and was informed they were taking the dump station out permanently. The person I spoke with only said this had come down from the new Bass Pro corporate.

Hopefully, this isn't indicative of all the Cabela's.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2018, 07:19 AM   #2

Several years ago I really cut back my shopping at Cabela's, usually just some ammo, their customer service really went down hill, and their home office said they could't do anything and it was up to the store manager to correct it, and now that Bass Pro bought them I haven't shopped their at all and will not. I now go to Scheel's or the local mom & pop stores.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:19 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Not surprising. The one near me doesn't have one. The PFJ we use often took theirs out too. A dump station is a bio hazard & they probably don't want the liability for the people who don't use it correctly (we've all watched those types in front of us at campground dump stations ).

Unfortunately, its the actions of a few that ruin it for everyone.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:14 PM   #4

Yes, after seeing the results of a few idiots, am not surprised that a commercial setup would not want a dump station around, especially when they are not making money from the camping setup.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Our local TA closed their dump a while back. They claimed the county raised the dump fee for their ancient honey wagon from $50 a dump to over $500.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
We live a little NW of FTW and drive by the FTW Cabela's several times a week and I find myself stopping by regularly. They have had a dump station in the north parking lot since the store was built in the RV/Truck parking area which we have used many times over the years.

I stopped by yesterday and noticed they were redoing all the landscaping and then I noticed they had taken the dump station out.

When I went in I asked a manager if that was temporary and was informed they were taking the dump station out permanently. The person I spoke with only said this had come down from the new Bass Pro corporate.

Hopefully, this isn't indicative of all the Cabela's.
Crap, I was gonna go dump there next week.
Now I'll have to wait till after the holiday and hopefully The Vineyards campground will have a spot to dump in.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Crap, I was gonna go dump there next week.
Now I'll have to wait till after the holiday and hopefully The Vineyards campground will have a spot to dump in.
If I remember correctly the Flying J across the street has a dump station. You'll need to verify it.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #8

About 25 years ago, Indiana State Police caught the company dumping hazardous waste into an RV dump in an interstate rest area. That trucking company was out of business shortly after the owner went to prison for 15 years.
Now Indiana only maintains dump stations where there is a security presence(toll-interstates).
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
About 25 years ago, Indiana State Police caught the company dumping hazardous waste into an RV dump in an interstate rest area. That trucking company was out of business shortly after the owner went to prison for 15 years.
Now Indiana only maintains dump stations where there is a security presence(toll-interstates).
The truck stop across from the Ft. Worth Cabela's no longer has a dump station and theres not one at The Vineyards Campground either, unless your in a campsite.

Mike H

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:45 PM   #10

That practice still happens today. About 4 years ago or so a local Sewer cleaner owner went to prison for illegally dumping waste into the local cities' sewer, via an illegal stub, even after being warned not to.

The illegality of it stunk to high heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:49 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
We recently dumped at a TA . It was free, but it had a lock the staff had to open. The very nice man who came out to do that said the local sanitation staff had found some “bad stuff” that started showing up with the dump station went in. They thought some truckers were dumping after filter replacement, and the sanitation staff said to lock it or pull it out. I am thankful they just locked it. I can see that some places don’t have staff to handle that.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #12

Same think happened to me when I went to the Cabela's in Allen. Said Bass Pro didn't have them at their stores and since Cabelas is now owned by Bass Pro, they are pulling them all out.

No problem, I'll just buy all my stuff online.

Tags
texas