Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
Is he washing out 2 Blue Boys? Or litter boxes?
If that says "Dutch Star" on the front of the RV he is probably dumping and rinsing out litter boxes in someone's parking lot. Those people are the worst. (stir stir)
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2021, 04:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
If that says "Dutch Star" on the front of the RV he is probably dumping and rinsing out litter boxes in someone's parking lot. Those people are the worst. (stir stir)
If its liter box's that's the place to empty them. The pens behind the RV are for putting up your pets, including horses while shopping.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 04:04 AM   #31

I see no evidence that he's even at a Cabelas.
Old 10-17-2021, 05:32 AM   #32

RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
What do you think?

I think your point is well taken buy the tone of the jocularity. It was fun reading.
I do think that if one has the funds to afford the rig they should have the funds to have it maintained in a proper setting. It is exactly this sort of thing that gets the good people of Cabelas and others like them in trouble with the EPA and other private watch dog agencies.
We all know that when these nuggets of kindness pop up they eventually dry up because someone will cut there black tank loose in a storm drain, probably happening right now.
The intent of the water spigot is for replenishing fresh water supply, even though there is no signage posted we should use some discretion when using others resources.
Old 10-17-2021, 05:50 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
What do you think?
I think I would rather be parked next to this guy than ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wash1.png
Views:	28
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	346305  
Old 10-17-2021, 07:30 AM   #34

Looks like a grand place, in the background is the 'scene of the crime' and the foreground has what appears to be a dump station. Those cages are dog kennels and there is a horse corral behind them. But I did not see a "Free Pony Rides" sign.
This was taken from Google View, I have never been there.

OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:51 AM   #35

I have overnighted there, in Hamburg, a few times and at our last overnight the dump station had a Fee sign.

It had one of the Flying J type locking covers although it wasn't locked. The place was a mess.

Watched a few RV pull up, dump and drive out. As they say, when in Rome.........
Old 10-17-2021, 09:02 AM   #36

This year, we lost the overnight use of the parking lot at the Cabela's in Mitchell, SD. I spoke to a manager there this summer, and he said there was more and more abuse of the privilege, and they couldn't justify spending money to clean up after the RVs. Sounded as if a few dumped gray tanks were the final straw.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #37

I'm not surprised, there are people out there doing a lot worse, like dumping black tanks on city streets and living in cars in Walmart parking lots. Many of them are homeless and I don't know what the answer is but I have a feeling it's going to get worse. Some cities (Portland and Seattle) are now doing free pump outs just to keep people from dumping in the street.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:18 PM   #38

I just looked it up and also read Campendium and RV Parky Reviews. Sounds like a fantastic place in Hamburg, PA. Some comments from Reviews:
- dog kennels and horse corrals to place animals there while shopping
- $5 to use the locked dump station. It has non-potable water.
- Many RVs and big trucks use it
- Dedicated RV area

If the RVer was washing his windshield/front end of bugs with the non-potable water I see no problem. If the water was, indeed, non-potable, I question his use of his white hose which he may use for his regular hookups.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 04:32 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I just looked it up and also read Campendium and RV Parky Reviews. Sounds like a fantastic place in Hamburg, PA. Some comments from Reviews:
- dog kennels and horse corrals to place animals there while shopping
- $5 to use the locked dump station. It has non-potable water.
- Many RVs and big trucks use it
- Dedicated RV area

If the RVer was washing his windshield/front end of bugs with the non-potable water I see no problem. If the water was, indeed, non-potable, I question his use of his white hose which he may use for his regular hookups.
WHAT??!!?? non-potable, did one of the prosecutors lie earlier? Dang, what if a pet would drink that water and lick someone's face?
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 04:51 PM   #40

The no-potable water is near the dump station.

The guy in the picture is using the potable spout, about 50 feet away. It's horsey water.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:08 PM   #41

In situations like this, I like to mind my own business and I like people that do the same.
Dennis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:00 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I have overnighted there, in Hamburg, a few times and at our last overnight the dump station had a Fee sign.

It had one of the Flying J type locking covers although it wasn't locked. The place was a mess.

Watched a few RV pull up, dump and drive out. As they say, when in Rome.........
It looks as though there was a Flying J type trough below curb level as there is now fresh concrete within the curb and the inlet stub is above grade with a screw in plug.