Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #1

Camp grounds policy for artists

Hi everyone,
About to pick up my thor hurricane 2006.I' ll be a full timer soon and plan on selling my paintings and doing portraits ,etc from the mh.Does anyone know what campgrounds policy's are for this type of business?What about state parks?Are there places you know in your area that allows this to happen?Ill begin my traveling in what will be the "Road Gallery"in the coming weeks..Any info appreciated.Happy Holidays everyone,hope to see you on the road.
Rv artisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #2

We have volunteered for state parks in 3 states, don't think any of them would allow you to run a business or sell items from your mh. We have worked at 1 private park and they definitely would not allow it. It would seem to me better to go for the trade shows or "swap meet" circuit. There's a big gathering in Quartzite, AZ in January that attracts thousands of rv'rs. Also, there's a swap meet in Mesa, AZ that has lots of vendors, probably one in Yuma too. You may be able to find shows all across the southwest to sell your art.
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hello, my wife makes and sells high end jewerly, we always ask even after reading the campground rules if it is ok with them. Quite a lot of places do not allow selling items when you are camping we have found, but all of them. I would say it is around 60/40 with the 60% being ok to sell.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No matter where you are I'm sure you will find a farmers market, bazaar or similar type activity around for you to offer your paintings.

Some destination parks I have been in have weekly "yard or parking lot" sales. It would be appropriate there as well.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #5

Thanks everyone.Like so many other things when living on the road, each situation is unique, and requires a suitable response depending on the person you're dealing with.Avoid tension,accept the rules and play the game or leave.I can't wait to get out there,Been over 20 years since I was selling my work on the street.The rv is going to help.Il'll be checking this site for all possible places.Im not picky and there will be times I'll be setting up by the road.So if you see a Thor hurricane with a guy
painting,pull up a chair.Im always giving away postcards of my work reproduced for pennies.Giving is more fun.
Rv artisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #6

We are also full timers and vendors. We know a few vendors who are FT and a few parks even have regular events that allow vending. Yuma area for example. Also - check out Festival net online or craftmasters. They list events nationwide. If you want more info PM me and I am happy to share. We have vended in 13 states, lots of experience.,