Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #1

Always had decent service and prices with CC, but told that they folded, and gave everything to Campingworld. Sort of disgusting since CW has that membership thing, higher prices, And sales tax
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #2

Always had decent service and prices with CC, but told that they folded, and gave everything to Campingworld. Sort of disgusting since CW has that membership thing, higher prices, And sales tax
Old 04-26-2005, 09:32 AM   #3

I was just getting ready to place a order with them.. And they are gone.....
Old 04-26-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
As has been mentioned in this same section under Affinity Group is getting larger; try out RV Upgrades. THey are a major sponsor of this website and offer some of the products you may need.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:43 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Click here for a related thread on the same subject.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:36 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Wizard:
As has been mentioned in this same section under Affinity Group is getting larger; try out RV Upgrades. THey are a major sponsor of this website and offer some of the products you may need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Am I wrong to say that RV Upgrades is owned by Bill (Warpath)?? Just curious. Before I shop with any company, I like to know who I am passing my credit card information to and will usually make online inquiries through Whitepages.com. They do not show by using the search tabs of reverse phone number, reverse address, nor company name search, nothing found at all. Again, I'm just curious to this company before passing my pertinent information ...shouldn't we all?

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Rich -

I am the VP of the company (Major Electronix Corp)who owns RVupgrades.

Major Electronix Corp has been in business for over 20 years and manufactures and distributes connectors & assemblies to the automation industry. In 2000 that industry slowed considerably and so we began hunting for new areas to get involved in. In 2002 I made the suggestion to look at the RV industry since this is my passion. We made a first attempt at suppling RV accessories in the summer of 02, but we really where not properly prepared. So we shut the company down and spent the next 2 years getting the company properly prepared and re-launched it in March 04.

We have a 15,000 s/f warehouse here in Eastlake, Oh and stock all of the items we sell on the site except some of the Blue Ox items that just don't make sense to warehouse here and ship faster by dropping them out of their warehouse. RVupgrades is strictly a online company with no show room or installation services.

My main concern since I own iRV2 was to keep both separate. I don't promote iRV2 on the RVupgrades side and RVupgrades pays for it's advertising on iRV2. Actually, RVupgrades became the largest advertiser in December, do to the great success we have had on iRV2. I am not sure why iRV2 had such a hard time selling advertising to other RV companies because RVupgrades has done great on this site. And this revenue has helped tremendously with iRV2 funding, but the rules still apply the same for RVupgrades as they do any other company advertising on the site.

RVupgrades will never be a CC or CW, we are looking at focusing in on quality items that not everyone else seems willing to handle, but are really great products. We also look for the manufacturers who shine in their respective product area.

I will say we get great feedback from this site as far as how people like to be treated, what is working and what is not. Major Electronix has always been super customer service driven and we brought that same mentality over to RVupgrades.

Thanks

Bill