Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2020, 09:25 AM   #1

Campers Inn, new info??

I'm looking for a toy hauler a Grand Design specifically and there was a listing at a Campers Inn in GA. Never been in one and read some past post here about them. Wondering if they have their act together yet or turning into another CW with uninformed sales staff, slow or non existent service after the sale, and non-competitive pricing. The closest GD dealer to me is Dixie RV in NW FL and their sales and service sections get a D- to F grade. They did have some helpful parts people.

Over the weekend late did a additional info request but other than an automated response, nothing yet but with late in the weekend and a Sunday, that's to be expected. We'll see next week.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 05:43 PM   #2

They just bought two dealerships here in north Alabama. I've been to see them, nothing stuck out to differentiate them from any other.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:22 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Campers Inn has been around a long time (since the 60's) but I've not noticed anything to distinguish them from numerous other RV dealerships. Yes they are expanding into more locations; yes the knowledge of employees and local management varies; and yes they are in business to make a profit, with happy campers a secondary consideration.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If it's the one in Acworth, I have been there.

When we had decided to replace our TT, but had not yet decided what to replace it with, we went there to look at MHs and Grand Design 5ers. We went as a family and I was off with our son -- I don't remember doing what -- but my wife was talking to the salesman. She told him we wanted to look at MHs and the salesman looked her up and down and then said, with audible contempt in his voice, "You understand those start at $100k, right?" He then said he'd "look for something in your price range" -- we had not given him any price range at this point -- and then walked back into his office and very blatantly ignored her.

On our way out, we found a different person and asked if we could look at the GD 5ers. He said they were open and we could walk around if we wanted. So we did. We'd decided at that point we weren't going to buy from them, but we'd never seen a GD in person so this seemed like a good way to check out the floorplans. The actual RVs were pretty nice.

A few months later, we'd decided on a MH. I wanted to take a look at a particular floorplan, and they happened to have one on their website. I called and got a new salesman who told me that the one I was interested in was sold. This was also the case for the next two coaches I asked about: all were sold, even though all were listed as "for sale" on their website. He was very apologetic and took down my contact information. A few weeks later, he sent me a text about some used coaches that they had just gotten and hadn't put on their site yet. They met all the criteria that I'd given him, so he did a great job. By the way, he never asked what my budget was.

I was also at the nearby Camping World in Woodstock and talking to one of the sales guys there. CW salesman, so take it with a grain of salt, but he said that when this Campers Inn location opened, the CW sales manager left to go there and took his favorite salesmen with him. The CW salesman said this was a good thing, and that CW had gotten rid of a lot of dead weight. Again, take it with a huge grain of salt considering the source.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #5

Have not heard anything real good about one located in Pa. maybe the one you are looking at will be better. Good luck
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #6

Campers Inn is a Camping World wannabe, buying up local independent dealers where they can and slapping their brand on the location.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #7

Interesting follow up

So after making an inquiry, during the weekend I get a call from a rep who says will pass the info along the next day, Monday. The next couple days I have some correspondence about what I'm looking for, get a couple build sheets, then when I say I'm not in a rush but will move if the right deal comes along, NO further contact. This from the Macon and one site east of ATL. Same non response from a "regional rep". I guess if they can't get a sale in 5 minutes or less it must be too much work for them. Not wasting my time there again. Sadly it taints other Campers Inn locations like those in north AL because of some lazy people. They might be OK but I won't bother with it.

Just wanted to add that.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:07 PM   #8

Campers Inn bought out a local dealership in Western PA.

I was worried that my dealership, about 15 miles away, would be hurt by Campers Inn. Just the opposite. My dealership is expanding because of all problem at CI.

Looks like they are trying to be another Camping World.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:49 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
adjust your expectations!

I have bought two Class A's from Campers Inn - as long as you don't rely on them for honest answers, and will do a good inspection and research on your own, and don't ever plan on taking it back to them for service--- you can get a fair deal. They are a source - that is about it, and if you feel ok with the price and the product - then you got a good deal. They are just like congress - crooked as all hell - but serve a purpose.

Tags
camper