Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 AM   #29

I once highlighted the topic in the cg rules, walked right up to the offenders TT like I worked their, taped the pamphlet to their door. No other problems. Later saw the man outside and struck up a TT conversation. They were newbies and he had many questions. We had rving school over the next few days. I learned some stuff too.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2014, 07:50 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
I agree completely, and forget the candy coating. no use wasting time. patience is procrastination of the inevitable.
X2 ... I have paid for my campsite .... It is for my exclusive use ... I view it the same way as a hotel room.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #31

I think most of the time issues can be resolved easily with a polite conversation. Not sure why people are so afraid to talk to people. No reason to make up excuses or explain myself. Its just plain etiquette. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume they just don't know. We love to bring friends camping with us and those that have never gone just don't know. We have encountered people who set up camp on the wrong side of their drive cause they were in a tent. We backed in and they were under our awning. I felt bad that they had to move their whole campsite and offered to help them. But they were fine realized it was their mistake and their first time camping.
The only way it would be a problem for me was if it continued after explaining proper camping etiquette to them. That requires a trip to the office. Never had to do that yet.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #32

I had the problem once. Waited till dusk, then lowered the awning so the arms are pretty close to the ground. You all know how much fun it is to run your forehead into an awning arm. That was the end of shortcut ting.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #33

Find a reason to walk through theirs. Also, those big water blasters work in training both kids and adults.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #34

Forest River Owners Club
There's one thing I have not seen on this thread yet, and that is you have a legal right to exclusive use of the campsite. You are renting that piece of property for your own use and people "cutting through" are in effect trespassing.

Of course I'm not saying people should be posting signs up and chasing off anyone who comes near. Just saying that you do have rights concerning your campsite.

BTW, here's an interesting piece of news that comes close to the point: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...ls_rented.html
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Another thing not mentioned on this thread . . . . having someone walk through your campsite isn't a capital crime. I know . . . perhaps annoying, but from my perspective not as much as someone's dog poop.

SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Politely ask them to not walk thru your camp site, that normally works. Especially if you are drinking blue Gatorade out of a 409 bottle.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Politely ask them to not walk thru your camp site, that normally works. Especially if you are drinking blue Gatorade out of a 409 bottle.
x2. Just a simple polite request. Usually works.
UKGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #38
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgreen View Post
Not hard. "Keep out of my campsite" (nicely of course). First time I tell the kids, second time their parents, third time the camp owners. I go camping to relax. Inconsiderate people do not relax me.
x2
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Old 01-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would simply ask them to stop and go around. Now if it happens again I stop them and ask for $5.00 it a toll charge for cutting through. That will usually stop them but one thing is you have to say something. They will not learn if someone does not step up.
rwjsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA
Another thing not mentioned on this thread . . . . having someone walk through your campsite isn't a capital crime. I know . . . perhaps annoying, but from my perspective not as much as someone's dog poop.

Good point!! I have been inside - looks out and sure enough - neighbor with their dog doing it's business in our picnic table area and no bag. They had just arrived, so we hadn't had time to have ticked them off or deserve it.

This summer - had some neighbors that would wait until we went in after morning coffee (etc) to pull their Harley's out of the toy hauler and drive them through our camp to the road. Went an looked on their side - they had rug out and chairs everywhere - so rather than move them - they road through our site. I told the host - who wanted to see them do it before saying anything to them. Tracks in the grass weren't enough. Guess some of us have a sign on our foreheads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1745757682.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	548.8 KB
ID:	54831  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #42

We will stop either the kids or adults and explain that we paid for this piece of property for the night/week/or month. They need to go around our campsite. It is true that it is almost always in the rules from the campground or park, but it is never enforced.

We are currently in a park with lots of sites and the majority of the RVers walk through the empty sites. To me it is a sign of laziness and very disrespectful.
TeresaOwen1 is offline   Reply With Quote