Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2020, 08:38 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great attitude Pete.

The person clearly had mental issues. Smart to keep your cool not to escalate the situation.
The looking in your grill is weird to say the least.

I have camped in campgrounds for most of my years and have not seen or experienced anything like this.

Kinda justice that he hurt his shins.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2020, 03:19 PM   #30

I know what you guys mean regarding the "I can do anything I want mentality, I don't really care about you!" Lifting up your BBQ lid? Wow?

We just got back from a camping motorcycle trip through eastern Oregon and a loop through Idaho around the Frank Church.......very few people were wearing a mask.

No one seemed to care about those around them........
Oregon RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:36 PM   #31

Luckiest RVer

I must be the luckiest RVer alive! In 13 years of RVing, six of those full-time, the only breech of good manners I've experienced is on a half dozen different times a few rowdy kids have run through our site.

I've never locked my bays and never had anything stolen - inside or outside. Guess I better start knocking on wood until my knickles get bloody! LOL
Dave Dopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:38 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
We came at a local lake in a county campground. Most of the other campers are considerate of others, however there are always a few idiots that pop up every so often. I have to admit that I have never encounter anyone as obnoxious as this fellow. I admire your restraint as I am not sure that I would have remained as calm as you did. At the very least your intruder is guilty of trespassing. It sounds like you handled it incredibably well! Be proud of yourself for your good judgment and restraint!
gcsprayjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:44 PM   #33

If someone lifted my grill cover, they better be ready for a food fight. But what a great attitude to have!

Just a couple weeks ago, we were visiting friends in a cabin in the same park. After chit chatting for far too long, we made a late night trek to the camper to cook dinner. With our guests, we really needed our picnic table for extra seating. Lo and behold, our neighbors had placed their boat on our table. We were flabbergasted at the audacity, but were unwilling to cause a scene that late at night or touch someone else's property (because you never know when someone will threaten to sue just like your crazy neighbor). Half the group had to eat outside in lawn chairs while the other half ate in the camper.

The next morning, they came over to apologize and told us they had asked their sons to pick the boat up so it could drain. The teenage boys decided to put it on our picnic table, unbeknownst to the parents who were getting ready for bed. A lesson learned to not always jump to conclusions.
Spacecadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:47 PM   #34
mre

You should have told him you were a retired lawyer and maybe you could help him.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #35

Dumb people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Ok, Ok, I know this subject has been beat to death, but I've gotta vent.

We are leaving tomorrow morning so I installed the Blue OX tabs in the front of the Honda. I intentionally parked the Honda so its front end was as close to the motorhome as I dared to keep other campers from walking between the coach and the Honda going to the playground.

You just can't fix stupid. I hear about this sort of thing from time to time, but I, in 30 years, have nevet had anyone cut through my camp site. Typically if I want protect a passage way I arrange it so that it is impossible to pass, not difficult , but impossible.

Typically camp about 70% of the time in federal, state and municipally owned parks while avoiding anything with "resort" in its name.
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:04 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Ok, Ok, I know this subject has been beat to death, but I've gotta vent.

We are leaving tomorrow morning so I installed the Blue OX tabs in the front of the Honda. I intentionally parked the Honda so its front end was as close to the motorhome as I dared to keep other campers from walking between the coach and the Honda going to the playground.

So here comes this guy walking down the road. Instead of continuing down the road and then entering the playground, he instead suddenly cuts across our campsite, lifts the lid on my BBQ grill that I had sitting on a stand and cooking turkey burgers and then closes it, then he tries to squeeze between the Honda front end and the coach front end. You guessed it. He had to turn sideways to squeeze between the our two vehicles and he didn't see the tabs sticking out and smacked his shin!

Even with a playground full of kids, he didn't hold back the colorful language! Then he pounds on the coach windshield and screams "I'm going to sue you!"

I went outside and took pictures of him standing there sideways between the coach and toad still yelling at me.

Should I have done anything else? I had fleeting thoughts of getting the remote out of my pocket and pressing the lock button over and over and over so the horn would beep over and over!

I'm beginning to hate camping on the weekends! The quiet mid week campground setting suddenly seems to change to continuous smoke, loud ball games and music being broadcast so everyone can hear kids yelling and parents yelling even louder. Give me the midweek camp time.
I leave the tabs on the Blue Ox, it's much easier to insert them into my Honda with the tow bar than fight with the pins. I use locking pins so the tow bar will still be there in the morning.
Elsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #37

Being a "newbie" 30 years ago....

Being a "newbie" 30 years ago I wanted to do everything by the book. Wife and I drove by the ocean on the highway and saw all the RV's parked on a wide patch about a mile line but right on the beach off teh highway. I went to the ranger station and asked can I purchase a camping spot. He said they are all free it's the department of highway property fist come first served no reservations.
WOW, what a score. All the large class A's we parked longs ways using up 40-50' of space plus most had toads so you can bet there were zero spots available. As I drove along in my class C I saw a spot wide enough for me to back in between two class A's.
I got out started settling down from a long drive happy to be on the beach FOR FREE and I decided to do some electrical checking with my 12V needle tester.

I have my head buried in the trunk of the coach when this guy walks up and says I'm in his spot. I look at him and say no if this was your spot you would be in it instead I'm here soooooo.

He went on and on about how it was his spot because this was his class A etc etc.

I reiterated what the ranger said and stood my ground. He again went on and on.

At about that time I took a firm grip on my pointy electrical tester like I would a weapon.

He looked down at my hand grabbing the "pointy thing" and decided the argument was over and offered me a beer.

Of course after that I couldn't relax and enjoy myself know this jerk was camping next to me. I don't think I stayed there that night because of the tension.

Do these other "campers" realize that they are ruining an otherwise good time for other people by opening up their big yaps uninvited?
kendall69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsid View Post
I leave the tabs on the Blue Ox, it's much easier to insert them into my Honda with the tow bar than fight with the pins. I use locking pins so the tow bar will still be there in the morning.
It sounds like a set-up.
He knew exactly what he was doing.
He probably wanted to start a discussion hoe it would all be forgotten. All you had to do was give him CASH.
This form of crook comes in all shapes and kinds. They love to scam over lets. Set you up for cash. That is their motivation.
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:37 PM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
When you camp, that site is yours, meaning anyone cutting through is trespassing but to have the gaul to touch your property especially with this Covid ongoing, I agree the guy has some screws lose upstairs or he thinks he can do anything he wants. I would've immediately gone to the office and reported him or at least on your way out the next day. If he's done it to you I'm sure he's done it to others. Like others I've been camping many years and I could probably count on one hand the idiots I've met. One happen to be up at a CG in Carrabella, FL this past year. Not just one guy but his family followed by another. As they literally started to come through right by us as we were at the table eating. I stood up and said how rude they were and how it was great to show your kids how not to have campground etiquette. He stopped started on the next site cursing away, when my buddy stood up, as he almost tripped over his sewer and water lines, so he said something to them. We laughed the families were embarrassed as I said that why they make streets use them. On the way back they used the street then and every time after that... we're all here to have a good time, unwind and enjoy the outdoors. Respect peoples spacing and everyone will be happy.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:38 PM   #40

Sorry guys but this "new" society is really fouled up and getting worse. I have two Grandsons, 22 and 18. They are completely worthless and I didn't raise their mother that way. It ain't going to get better.
Rufus1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:40 PM   #41

To Bigd9 ; Sounds like a flashback to the seventies (camping)... loud music, no privacy, consideration, no respect...

We try to stay away from campgrounds like that if possible... fortunately the vast majority of campers these days are retired adults just looking for some peace and quiet, enjoying good people and nature.
CARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon RR View Post
I know what you guys mean regarding the "I can do anything I want mentality, I don't really care about you!" Lifting up your BBQ lid? Wow?

We just got back from a camping motorcycle trip through eastern Oregon and a loop through Idaho around the Frank Church.......very few people were wearing a mask.

No one seemed to care about those around them........
You are outside, assume way away from others. wearing a mask, and wondering why no one else has one on? Let me guess, you also wear your mask when in your car and house?
ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground