Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2020, 03:48 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Camped in a park in Kentucky. Interesting campground as the plugs were a long ways away, shared between sites and had assorted plugs. The one we shared with a neighbor had a 30 amp plug and a 50 amp plug.

When we got there the adjacent lot was occupied by a travel trailer. They had their cord out with a dogbone (50/30) plugged into the 50 amp outlet. All that was left was the 30 amp. They were staying there while working locally and not home. What would you do?

I used my 30 - 50 dogbone and plugged into the 30 amp outlet. When they got home I spoke to the lady (turned out she was by herself) and asked her if I could switch the outlets. She did not understand that she got the same amount of power from either outlet at her trailer. Explained it did not matter which outlet she was plugged into but it did for us. She said go ahead and all turned out fine.
Where were you? We are currently camping at Carter Caves State Resort Park in Kentucky.

I can think of several State Parks like that. Kentucky used to have the premier state park system (60's and early 70's), but money to improve and keep up with the times dried up and they are now far behind other states.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2020, 08:39 AM   #86

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Where were you? We are currently camping at Carter Caves State Resort Park in Kentucky.

I can think of several State Parks like that. Kentucky used to have the premier state park system (60's and early 70's), but money to improve and keep up with the times dried up and they are now far behind other states.
Carter Caves it was. Lovely park. Had a great time.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:42 AM   #87
sj

While I have run into the occassional loud or obnoxious camper, most of my experiences have been good, even on the weekend. In fact, Ive noticed that there is almost always a nearby gentleman just waiting to offer help when I'm hitching up my TT.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:57 AM   #88

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I can PROMICE you if he has pounded on my windshield I would have done plenty more!!! No to mention looking in the grill...
Old 10-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #89

While FTng for 7 yrs all across the USA we have come across some 'doosies'
Cutting thru camp site, using our pic-nic table, unhooking our water and connecting theirs so they could wash their vehicle, allowing dog to poop on our site and then just walk away (not far mind you!)
But the strangest was at a CG in Casa Grande AZ
2nd day I got up made coffee and as we were sitting at the table enjoying the morning coffee the Guy next door opens his trailer door and stands in the entry butt naked -- scratching

Figured he would turn and go back inside/get dressed
BUT NO...he just stands there scratching and muttering to himself
I open the side window and holler "Say Buddy....time to put some clothes on"
His response was to turn and Moon Me then turn back around, flip me off and continue his morning scratching
So I walked outside and explained that his behavior was NOT going to be tolerated by ME and it was in his best interest to get some clothes on
He decided it was a good idea and went back inside closing hos trailer door.

Later that afternoon I stopped by the office to see about mail being accepted as we had planned on being there for week. While in office I inquired about 'naked neighbor' and the staffs response was "Yeah he is a long term resident and a bit eccentric' (weird!)"
I asked why they allowed his behavior?
They replied "Well he pays on-time"

We cancelled and left that day.
Neighbor was a hoot but the CG Staff were idiots and I didn't see any good reason to stay

Ah the trails and tribulations of being exposed to the public
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:39 AM   #90

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
In nearly 60 years of camping, I can only think of maybe 10 instances of rudeness that stick out...and none of it recent. Most folks we share parks with are pleasant, and observe quiet hours. On occasion we’ll have neighbors that like to play music a bit louder than I care for, or when at a lake campground kids will cut through our camp to get to the lake - but generally along the edge. And this is with monthly weekend trips with a week or two in the spring or fall for the past 20 years.

Most of the rudeness I remember was from 30 years ago when tent camping.

Maybe people are just nicer here in Texas.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:26 PM   #91

We just witnessed Campground Etiquette teaching in action.

A family just set up across from us with what looks like four(4) 7 to 12 year old children. I thought "there goes the neighborhood!"

The kids got their bikes out and started to race up and down the road screaming at each other. I thought " there really goes the neighborhood!"

The father stepped out in the road and held up his hand like a cop ordering the kids to STOP. Then he proceeded to tell them to slow down and look out for other campers walking around, and to keep their voices down to a "normal talking level".

The next time he walked out in the road and pointed to a male child and instructed him to dismount and sit at the picnic table until he could quiet down to an acceptable level.

After about a hour of input from Dad, all of the rowdy kids calmed down, and turned into respectable children! No more yelling, or wildly riding around. The rest of the afternoon was delightful. Kids will be kids, but our new neighbors kids are a lot of fun to watch now!

Should I talk to the Dad and tell him how impressed I am, and if he would please talk the kids and instruct them to avoid saying "Slow down Henry and watch out for the old people" as we walk around?
Old 10-20-2020, 06:24 AM   #92

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
In the end there's a lot more good than bad campers. Like someone said earlier 99% are good. Unfortunately I've found mostly the campground will step up to enforce the etiquette rules of camping and sometimes they don't, in the case someone is touching my stuff or is threatening my family and the CG won't do anything a call to the local sheriff might be in order. Sometimes we, as campers can politely getting them to embrace the words of wisdom to respect your neighbors and sometimes we can't. That very small % left don't care and more than likely do the same thing at home. You won't change them so you may have to do what "old-biscuit" did is leave. I go camping to enjoy the outdoors and to de-stress and 99.9% of the time I do like now just got to Sevierville, TN with other camping friends to enjoy. Wish everyone else the same. Enjoy.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:55 AM   #93

Quote:
Should I talk to the Dad and tell him how impressed I am
If I saw something like that, I sure would! Who knows if he's doing it just for his own sanity or for the benefit of others, but some positive reinforcement can't hurt. If he is doing it for the benefit of others, it would be nice for him to know they notice it and appreciate it.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:06 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
If I saw something like that, I sure would! Who knows if he's doing it just for his own sanity or for the benefit of others, but some positive reinforcement can't hurt. If he is doing it for the benefit of others, it would be nice for him to know they notice it and appreciate it.
Actually I did talk to him last evening. Turned out he wasn't the father, but a next door neighbor who took his neighbors kids with him camping for the first time!
Old 10-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #95

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Actually I did talk to him last evening. Turned out he wasn't the father, but a next door neighbor who took his neighbors kids with him camping for the first time!
That is a good neighbor! I’m lucky just to have one watch my chickens and feed the koi when we are gone!

Tags
campground