Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
My personal favorite is when a fellow camper stopped to talk to us from the site road while 'walking' Spot on one of those looong reel leashes. We were eating at the picnic table and he allowed Spot to favored us with 'pile' right next to our table. After Spot's celebratory paw wiping, I gave the owner one of my best 'WTH' looks, his response was "Spot must LIKE you". I immediately turn to the DW and loud enough for him to hear, said..."does your burger smell as bad as mine"? For some reason he got all huffy, left and forgot to remove said 'gift'. Before he and Spot got out of ear shot I thanked him and without turning around he raised his free hand and indicated what he thought my maturity level (on a scale of one to ten) was. Jeez, some people just can't take a 'back door' joke very well... Bob
Lucky for Spot the Glock was out of reach! Don't get me wrong...we have 2 goldens and a beagle we get our share of scooping you know what.

My favorite was at an Indy Car race at Texas 4 years ago. I come back from the night race and lo and behold a drunk neighbor is passed out in one of our chairs. We made enough noise to wake the dead and he just slept it off in our chair. Of course we gave him hell the next day (in a joking manner) and all was well with the world.
SpursMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
The increasing rudeness of campers is a sad testament to how the world is changing.

In the "old days" RVers were the nicest, most polite folks in the world. These days, it's almost impossible to meet other RVers as everyone is inside their rigs using the WiFi or watching satellite TV. If they are walking outside, it's to get a better signal on their cell phone.
kelliepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If a person is acting in a stupid or rude manner, I believe it is only right to point out to the clod how ignorant they are. If their dog loses a turd by your campsite it is only right to return the lost turd back to the owner. It could be somethig he would cherish and miss if got missplaced. I had a gentleman next to me one night that enjoyed a smoke every hour all night long. The only problem was that he had a hacking cough that went along with his advanced habit. At his 2pm session I opened my window and offered him my gun so that he could finish the job or go around to the other side of his Moterhome and leave me alone. Apparently he had a will to live so off hr grumbled to the other side of his Motorhome so I didn't hear him coughing up a lung.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #18

Rude people bother me. Maybe they just don't know any better than to walk through an occuped campsite. I keep my dog on a long leash, but never allow her to invade an occupied site. I alwas pick up after her. If people are loud during quiet time, and if it last more than a reasonable time, I call the park ranger or park office or security. I'm pretty tolerant, but enough is enough.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
It seems that "We the People" must enforce RV rules by informing the criminals what they are doing is wrong.
EX: Oh Hi glad to see you passing thru, just leave the rent check on the table.
Now, hopefully, this criminal will get the message , if not be direct and tell them nicely your site is NOT the way to the pool, showers, toilet, dumpster.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:56 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you check at check-in if the site cutting is a nono with the CG. If it is do you report or just put up with.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliepoodle View Post
The increasing rudeness of campers is a sad testament to how the world is.
We agree. I'm always cautious to not disturb others by my actions. Additionally, I've noticed the older (I'm 40) campers being the more polite and inviting people.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am paying for my site. It is mine. Do not cut through my space. That is trespassing! People are so da*n lazy that they can't follow the roads to their destination

I was sitting out in my chair yesterday enjoying the sun when my next door neighbor came along with his dog on a long leash. He kept saying to the dog "go potty, go potty" as his dog is walking into my site. I think he would have picked up the mess but why doesn't he have the dog "go potty" in his own site? Because he doesn't want any residue or smell in his site - but it is okay in mine. How rude!
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Walking through someone else's campsite is a definite no no. Thankfully we have a well-trained dog. She sweet and docile except when someone invades our immediate space and then I encourage her to let loose with an agressive-looking bark (all looks mind you but that's all it takes). We usually only get people walking through our campsite once.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #24

Some of these stories are cracking me up! We keep our boxers on 7' leads, attached to the picnic table or the RV, while we're outside. They will just sit and look around unless someone comes too close to our space. Where we usually camp, there is plenty of room for people to do their thing without coming anywhere near our dogs/site but it never fails. Some fool always winds up walking through or allowing their dog in our site which gets ours all riled up and barking and then WE get the dirty looks like we have bad dogs or something. It can be very annoying and YES, people are rude!
ed n kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sage View Post
I am paying for my site. It is mine. Do not cut through my space. That is trespassing! People are so da*n lazy that they can't follow the roads to their destination

I was sitting out in my chair yesterday enjoying the sun when my next door neighbor came along with his dog on a long leash. He kept saying to the dog "go potty, go potty" as his dog is walking into my site. I think he would have picked up the mess but why doesn't he have the dog "go potty" in his own site? Because he doesn't want any residue or smell in his site - but it is okay in mine. How rude!
That is why there are dog walk areas. I think it is rude, inconsiderate, and stupid behavior to allow a dog to do its business anywhere else. I have seen folks with small pens for their animals on their site. They do not consider the next family may have small children that will be playing on that same spot.
I become quite outspoken when anyone tries to cut through MY campsite without my permission.(if they ask politely I usually say yes)
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am not one to suffer in silence. I was at a park where kids were cutting through my site on the drivers side of the rig 'patting' it as they walked along with a stick.

I popped around the back of the rig and pointed out the path not three feet to their right and told them to use that, next time, and the next time they hit my rig I was going to be taking them, by the ear, through the park to the camp office. Which would have been an interesting sight to behold as I walk with a cane.....

My TT may be vintage but that doesn't give anyone leave to hit it with sticks!

The rest of the weekend they gave the 'crazy old lady' a wide berth.

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I put Jake on his cable and let him lay in my site, very few people walk through.

Course he would probably just lick them to death if they did.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #28
laj

i use 80lb fishing line
its not just for fishing anymore
laj is offline   Reply With Quote