Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I owned a Mobilhome Park and was getting complaints that some kid had his speakers on his front porch and kept cranking them up. I asked him to please turn the volumne down and when he refused I simply went up on the porch and jerked the wires out of the back of the speakers. He sputtered and popped and and had spit coming out his mouth he was so worked up. I then told him the next time he does it he and his whole family would be evicted. Problem solved.
Now THAT's a man who knows how to solve a problem!

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #58

Tiffin Owners Club
I would take the money the fence costs and use it to move to a better managed park.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rick
That place was just like a boat. The two happiest days of my life was the day we bought it and the day we sold it. Damndest thing I ever owned !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I have found the solution to noise... David snores... sometimes quite loudly. I also dislike noisy parking lots (but we stay in them anyway) and noisy campgrounds. We also have a house behind our current campgrounds whom I would love to take a baseball bat to their stereo system (24/7 thumping). Earplugs! When inserted properly, they work great. Muffles sound to the point that I can go to sleep, yet usually hear the alarm clock go off (David never hears it so I do unless I am dead tired).

Shop 3M 80-Pack Ultra Soft Disposable Earplugs at Lowes.com
Same here Lorna... except I would never publicly state that Nancy snores.

I gave up trying to sleep through noise a long time ago and went with ear plugs that are a lot like Silly Putty from WalMart and they work great too. I can probably hear the smoke detector with them in but I wouldn't count on the alarm clock... good thing I threw it in the trash when I retired.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Same here Lorna... except I would never publicly state that Nancy snores.

I gave up trying to sleep through noise a long time ago and went with ear plugs that are a lot like Silly Putty from WalMart and they work great too. I can probably hear the smoke detector with them in but I wouldn't count on the alarm clock... good thing I threw it in the trash when I retired.

Rick
Ladies don't snore... that's what I keep telling David. He tells me that I snore, not him... he's stayed up all night to see if he snored!

The plugs I use are like memory foam. Strange, squishy things but they do work well.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischua View Post
. . . But as they say "fences make for good neighbors" you can always get one of these Bear Repellent Portable Electric Fence Bear Deterrent Bear Protection Bear Defense

Sure could have used one of those with my ex-mother-in-law.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
time to go green> get off the grid
Chuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Ladies don't snore... that's what I keep telling David. He tells me that I snore, not him... he's stayed up all night to see if he snored!
My wife say Ladies don't snore, they purr !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:11 AM   #65

I'm waiting patiently for one of the clods we are all talking about to chime in. As long as I'm here I'd love to know what this fascination with campfires from dawn till dusk - and beyond - is all about. I believe that subjecting your fellow campers to a constant barrage of wood smoke is rude IMHO jodann
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #66

A wood campfire is not as bad as the guy across from me one time. He would have a smoldering fire going all day burning garbage.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #67

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodann View Post
I'm waiting patiently for one of the clods we are all talking about to chime in. As long as I'm here I'd love to know what this fascination with campfires from dawn till dusk - and beyond - is all about. I believe that subjecting your fellow campers to a constant barrage of wood smoke is rude IMHO jodann
Just a guess - some individuals still feel a connection to the "camping" roots of RVing?? I don't personally do wood fires much, but I do remember our tent camping days back in the 70s.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #68
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I just sit back with a smile on my face cause I know any minute my wife will reach her exceeded tolerence level and look after the situation. She usually reaches her brink before I reach mine. I pity any fool who flicks the switch! It usually only lasts a few seconds. She sits down, I take a swig of my drink and say..."Nice one Honey" with a snicker. We never see the issue arise again.
Don't get me wrong, my wife is adorable, but can't stand idiots. I on the other hand utilize my secret weapon. The one that has kept my marriage together all these years......."Selective hearing" LOL
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #69
IC2

Sounds like most have suffered and have described many of my pet peeves with camping. That dog who never barks - that is until he is left alone for the day - is my biggest CG gripe with folks who cut corners under my awning a close second. The 0-dark thirty idling diesel is far from enjoyment as well. But, I'm trying "tolerance" which to me is a foreign word
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #70

I'm probably over sensitive, but how about wind chimes that you have no control over?
Bailey47 is offline   Reply With Quote