Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
CampGround Owner Screaming at me!!!!!!

We have stayed at this CG for 6 years this year for the last trip of season the owner and his daughter both came up to me while riding my scooter. First the owner ZANE stops me and starts yelling in my face you are driving to fast then goes on to tell me he doesn't appreciate me riding little kids around on it. (The kids are my own I will not ride others on it and have told several kids this.)Then tells me to go park it and not to EVER ride it there again. I was very polite with yes sir and that was the whole side of my conversation. Mind you this is while he has his shaking old finger up into my face only a couple inches away. I thought for sure he was going to try and hit me with my 13 year old daughter on the back of scooter watching ALL of this. As we are driving back to the site to park owners daughter Tammy in her 50's comes racing up to us jumps out of her golfcart runs up in front of me and yells for me to stop. She proceeds to give me the same screaming fit as her father the owner. We again are polite and only response is to "never bring the scooter to there CG again " was OK we won't EVER bring it back. I proceeded to my van and loaded it and drove it home right then this was 5:00pm and didn't get back to site till 7:00pm. Then had to try and explain to my 6 and 4 year old why they couldn't ride with dad on his scooter anymore. we have been riding at this CG on the same scooter for 3 years NEVER had a word said about it. It is licesenes and FULLY insured for street driving. Needless to say we will NEVER go back to Kentuckiana Kampground again. Would have to say they have become VERY UNfamily freindly.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I had a campground owner scold me and my kids for playing in a creek behind the RV. I'm not going back there either....
Old 10-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #3

Often when someone gets their knickers in a twist about something, they "project" it on someone who had nothing to do with the original problem.

One of my favorite stories is of the guy who gets yelled at by his boss. The guy then goes home and yells at his wife. She then yells at the kid. The kid pulls the dog's tail. The dog chases the cat. The cat swats at the bird......................ETC.

Which leads to one of my favorite sayings:

"The better I get to know humans, the more I appreciate my dog"

Ain't life grand?
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 10-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
So, just a 'Yessir/ma'am" and left it at that?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Just crazy and totally unacceptable IMO. Adults should not be subjected to public scoldings.

This, as you described it, seems to me to be assault and the old guy is lucky he didn't get his finger broken.

Sounds like you handled it well. Don't go back and leave a detailed review in campgroundreviews.com.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 10-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #6

I know I would not have been as nice as you if someone was yelling at me. Especially in front of others. They would have called the police on me. Kentuckiana Kampground is off my list forever.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #7

No excuse for that kind of behavior in front of a child and I'm sure others.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #8

Post your experience on campgroundreviews.com
Old 10-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Midnitoyl Yes that was my only response I was in shock and not sure if I was going to have to defend myself from an attack by this guy. I was EMT for 4 years and saw several folks at the nursing home behave like this.

[moderator edtit]

I forgot to mention the scooter is a 49cc honda Ruckus.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Well, somebody obviously complained, and complained loud and hard, in order to get them so riled up.

I would have asked for some clarification.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #11

I'm not saying you should have done anything different. I might have punched his lights out, lol.

But I used to hear stories like this all the time; stories that seemed far-fetched on the surface. Why did Zane and his daughter get so worked up over such a minor incident - just doesn't seem to be normal behavior unless this was part of a chain of events. By the time I got the 2nd side to the story and maybe the 3rd and 4th sides, things became clearer as to what really transpired - sometimes not. And yes, there really are idiot jerks in this world that need to be dealt with - Zane could be one.

Taking your word for what happened, I would immediately go to every CG review website and put in a negative word. Too bad you had no video going for a lawsuit.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Weird!

Were you complying with park rules (if any) regarding that sort of thing, like speed, direction, helmets, etc???
Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #13

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was AFRAID to say anything to him. There was RAGE in his eyes at that point. I even considered just pulling site and leaving right then but that would have ruined it for the children not to mention I had already paid for the night and don't think they would have refunded me for the night. We just stayed in the rest of the night and watched Beverly Hill Billies.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Francesca; The only rule is 10mph if they choose to enforce it I have seen the owner come racing by my site in his mule going WAY past 10 mph on more than one instance.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground