Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2021, 07:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
Most of what we've left behind has been small children's toys, like matchbox cars, toy horses, etc. The kids would play with them at random spots in the campsite and we didn't always notice them when picking up before leaving.

I've also found some things too.

Once found a pressure regulator and 18" potable water hose. Too short to really be useful though. Oh, and a 30A/50A adapter! The best thing though was that really nice wood slat table!

(j/k on the found stuff )
Hint...18" hose is for outlet of portable softener to water inlet connection

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2021, 07:32 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
The one thing that I know we left behind where our orange jack pads... We even had to drive back past our site when leaving and neither me or my wife looked to see them... Missed them at the next stop.
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:55 AM   #17

When we had a small class C, we traveled without a toad. A couple of times we returned to find other campers on our site. We decided to leave a few inexpensive items out as place holders. They were still there on our empty site except for one time. Our very distinctive table cloth was missing and I found it on the table of another campsite. I asker the siteholder if he perhaps borrowed the tablecloth from us because he thought we left it behind. He appologized, admitted that he had and returned it.
I have left y-adapters for the hose behind several times, and now have a big reminder written on the inside of the door to the wet and electrical bays.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:25 AM   #18
IC2

I can't recall leaving anything behind though probably have left an odd low value small item or several. My wife does at least one walk around and I'll usually do one or two. I have found water pressure regulators, potable and slinky hoses and electrical adapters. I've even taken to using my metal detector around recently vacated sites and have never fond anything but a couple pennies. When we camped in state CGs, never bought wood after using the few pieces we brought since no one likes to return home with their left overs when leaving on Sunday afternoon
Old 03-10-2021, 06:26 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A final walk around unplugging the power you almost always find something left or left undone.
But I've left 2 outside floor mats. Big deal.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:37 AM   #20

Last 4th. of July we were at a local campground parked next to a nice younger family who we chatted with and had a couple drinks with at our campfire. They packed up and left Monday morning early and about a half hour after they left I noticed a water hose and a heavy duty extension cord rolled up next to the power pole next to us. I went to the campground office and asked the owner if she would give me the camper's phone number. She said she'd call the number and hand me the phone which she did. I told the fellow what I'd found and he thanked me and asked if I would take it to the office as they were coming back the next weekend. I said I would be glad to and the fellow offered to pay me for doing this. I refused any payment, took the hose and cord to the office and left it.
When we went back to the campground Labor Day weekend I found the first night's camping was paid for. I pulled up to our reserved site to find the other fellow was camped next to us again. He said he liked it there because if he left something again he knew he'd get it back.
We've become friends and are looking forward to meeting again Memorial day.
Lynn
Old 03-11-2021, 10:24 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
back in the early 90’s we were returning from camping at Meeks Bay (Tahoe) and decided to take a quick dip in Silver Lake.

as we were jumping into the cool water from the large boulders, one of us spotted a brite’n’shiny glistening on the bottom. we retrieved a gold retirement pocket watch, engraved from a railroad union to the owner.

upon returning home we contacted the union and arranged for the return of the watch to the owner.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping