Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #29

Yea and I made an award saying Wang Thumbs Pizza is worlds best.... Make up anything you want.... especially when you own the publisher.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2017, 02:57 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
Yea and I made an award saying Wang Thumbs Pizza is worlds best.... Make up anything you want.... especially when you own the publisher.
If Wang only has two thumbs, how many pizzas can he make? It's not like getting stir fry down the street from the animal shelter.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #31

I just read in another post that a couple bought a new RV from a Camping World in California and took it back for warranty issues. After 3 months, Camping World still has their RV!!!
Old 12-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #32

The rating was for RETAIL, not SERVICE. If I'm near one with time to kill I'll browse around. Might find some doodad I like or need. Then I usually stop at United RV up the road on the way home and browse there too.

My beef with the magazine is their "comprehensive" articles on towing that aren't comprehensive. Their latest issue has an article on toad braking systems, and they don't mention ReadyBrute at all. Not once.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #33

Problem is, they don't sell ReadyBrake products, so they are never mentioned in their magazine.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #34

I must admit, I have never had a problem with CW.......I also must admit, I have never been to a CW.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #35

Since there are so many Camping Worlds, I guess there are some good ones and some bad ones. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned having a bad experience at the Tampa Camping World. We purchased a new Class A from the Tampa store in June and I have been extremely happy with them. I have had to take the motorhome back a few times for warranty issues and they have been great. They would call me every few days with an update and I have been satisfied with the work done so far. Nothing major yet but so far I would not hesitate to do business with them again in the future.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:54 AM   #36

Picked up 2018 unit 12/6/17 . my dealer told me a 10 day wait to look at the unit for usb ports not working and oven not lighting if I drop off unit 12/26 .Since I called 12/16 , I said make me an appointment for the 26th , since it 10 days away ...See the timeline ? BUT ...wait for it ...Told me NO , 10 days from the day the unit gets here to get it inside ....Then recommended I go to another Campers World that wasn't as busy ...Now , that is no way to run a business ...IMHO..................................
Old 12-20-2017, 06:57 AM   #37

I just purchased my New 5er from Camping World of Memphis, actually in Olive Branch MS, and had a great experience. We absolutely loved our sales man Anthony Brown. He has called me 4 or 5 times since purchasing on November 26 just to chat and see how the family is doing. He is actually in the Army and a great guy. We got a great deal $15,000.00 of list price and the 5er came with all the upgrade packages offered on the unit. I could not be happier with the sales side. I did not purchase the Extended warranty which the guy pushed for over 30 minutes because I will either do the work myself or find a mobile guy to do the work if it needs it so I can oversee the work myself. We even got a $700.00 shopping spree on Camping World dime to outfit the unit and I ended up paying a whopping $1.53 when the shopping spree was over. They still have another unit at that price on there lot except mine had an outdoor kitchen at the same price as this one without the kitchen. https://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetail...20k-MEM1391693
Old 12-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtoenjoy View Post
Picked up 2018 unit 12/6/17 . my dealer told me a 10 day wait to look at the unit for usb ports not working and oven not lighting if I drop off unit 12/26 .Since I called 12/16 , I said make me an appointment for the 26th , since it 10 days away ...See the timeline ? BUT ...wait for it ...Told me NO , 10 days from the day the unit gets here to get it inside ....Then recommended I go to another Campers World that wasn't as busy ...Now , that is no way to run a business ...IMHO..................................
And I can't understand why they would want to do business this way??
My CW in St. Louis is the same way. Why would you want a bunch of RV's sitting on your lot taking up room ? Wouldn't it be easier to give customers an estimated date to bring it in and then update it when it got close to that date? Only thing I can think of is by having the RV's there is that if they have to wait on parts for someone else's the might be able to squeeze a rig in or something.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:36 PM   #39

Ford Super Duty Owner
We had horrible experiences with CW. Their service here locally is lower than a F grade.

My neighbor has a pull behind he bought from CW, took it in for service, they contacted him saying they accidentally backed it into another RV. It’s been 7 months and their RV has not been fixed. They haven’t even started on it. He is now working with an attorney costing him more money.

Steve
Old 12-21-2017, 09:57 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Camping World

The local outfit in San Antonio who does most of my coach work has a motto, “We fix RV’s, we don’t store them”. He’s not the cheapest, and like most other good repair shops, you best make an appointment. But when you take it in you get it back quick and the problem is fixed. Amazing!

Now he’s 25 miles down the road. CW is 6 miles. We don’t go to CW. Nuff said.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Old 12-22-2017, 06:38 AM   #41

I hate to say this..... it almost makes it where you wish your warrenty would end so you can take it where you want. It's hard to pay thousands when you know someone should fix it for free.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #42

Needed a new fridge and CW was the least expensive and could do it immediately.Had to show them how to remove it without removing a window.(bedroom escape window)When I picked it up some of the trim was missing.They threw it away.Suggested they take it off another they had in stock to finish mine.

Needed a windshield and they said they could do it immediately.It took a week.They had wracked the body with the jacks to set the windshield so when they lowered it the body shifted back before I got home cracking the windshield.Their resident EXPERT said that is how I do it.

I guess I am a slow learner but probably will not be a third time.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping, camping world