Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #15

I'm stuggling to understand this one! You refer to your "pos" KVH dome, but appartently you never had a problem with it or you couldn't have wanted a refund. Then you say the contract says you can get a refund at any time, but you don't understand that to get a refund you have to have a contract? It doesn't sound like you were trying to "do the right thing" by waiting till your contract expired, and then you were upset that CW didn't want to give you something as a "goodwill gesture"? Not sure I get it?? And now we refer to it as being "swindled". If you payed for a service and the service was provided, how were you swindled? If you asked for service under your extended warranty and it was denied, then you were swindled. Don't think that was the case???
Texas Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LandHo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
Just curious if this was spelled out in the terms of the warrantee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
policy states: "may be cancelled at any time and refunded less any claims." My point was that it did NOT say "may be cancelled at any time PRIOR to end of contract." not clear for us non lawyers. Anyways... I am writing to prevent someone else from being swindled... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just like a concert, ball game or execution it can't be canceled once it is already over.

Remember to cancel is to call off, stop, abandon, withdraw, annul, revoke, terminate or rescind.

A contract would have to be active and in force in order to cancel it.

The word cancel is just plain english and is pretty explicit in defining that it must be carried out before the event is over.

Nothing evil or to be warey of here.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:20 AM   #17
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Service contracts, and extended warranties are a frequent topic of distress, as the details of the written contract can be so difficult to understand, and key clauses can be buried in all the paragraphs.

Written provisions of the contract always take precedence over any verbal statements.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:22 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what are the chances that I could go back to my insurance company after a year in which I had no claims and ask for my premium back? The insurance company (and the warranty company) agreed to assume one year's worth of risk for a stated price. In doing so, they provided a service for which they were paid. Just because I didn't need to file a claim does not entitle me to the refund of my premium after the term of service has been concluded.

JM2CW....

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #19

What your warranty probably called for was a refund of any remaining unearned premium at any time by calling. Generally the premium is earned on a pro-rata basis over the life of the contract.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #20

It sounds like most people figured out what you were trying to say, beware of CW!
A lot of people have allready figured that out!
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #21

I have deleted what I was going to say...I am entitled my opinion, right?

I repeat-&gt; CW said "you can get a refund if you do not use the warranty." there was no "and", "if", "but" after that sentence...
Old 06-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #22

Some people understand and then there are those that don't.

I suggest this post be CLOSED and LOCKED, otherwise some arguments are bound to come about.

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote