Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamperz View Post
Your industry is dying.
Ha...believe me, I've heard them all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy and Safe Travels my Friend!!!!!!!!!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2017, 09:49 AM   #44

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you are having issues getting the seller to give you clear title to the Vehicle.... Does not matter what kind of vehicle (Car, Boat, Truck, RV, Trailer)

Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles for the state in which the sale happened.

And that is all the advice I can give.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #45

Its ironic how bad they suck yet they keep getting bigger and bigger.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #46

I had a similar experience with CW, except that it was just a DirecTV receiver, not a whole motorhome. My dealer went there for parts without my prior knowledge - several lessons in that for me.

BTW, the OP might try contacting their Better Business Bureau. That fixed a problem for me once upon a time.

So why does ANYONE, EVER go to Camping World????? Best way to cure this is to starve them out of existence. Even if you personally haven't had a bad experience, it's in the overall RV owner-community's best interest to never do business there.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
At my local CW their help on the floor isn't much to speak either.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #48

I was actually looking at them for investment purposes. They are well positioned in the market and it would be great if they could improve their "service delivery" because with locations all over the US it would be a great resource for "on the road" repairs and also having a nearby outlet for maintenance and other services. Maybe even put in a coffee shop for locals to hang out. We'll see.
Ted
Teddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
You would think someone in their upper organization would search the forums for input. I also don't recall ever having a online follow up questionnaire for any purchases.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #50

Is there really a "competitor" right now for CW??? To my knowledge...no.

I'm a huge skeptic about "Dealerships" in general, and yes, there's probably a good one here and there although vastly outnumbered by the skumbags out there.

I for one, am tired of the Financial Rape and Pillage that goes one...as for me, I can't do that...wasn't brought up that way, and PROUD OF IT!!!

Old 10-20-2017, 09:56 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
You would think someone in their upper organization would search the forums for input. I also don't recall ever having a online follow up questionnaire for any purchases.
I believe they think they are too big to fail. They should ask Sears/Kmart how its worked out for them.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:56 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
I may let you down...HOWEVER....I WILL NOT let your family down!

"The early worm gets the bird!"
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyman View Post
I was actually looking at them for investment purposes. They are well positioned in the market and it would be great if they could improve their "service delivery" because with locations all over the US it would be a great resource for "on the road" repairs and also having a nearby outlet for maintenance and other services. Maybe even put in a coffee shop for locals to hang out. We'll see.
Ted
Ted...love your thoughts and approach for absolute sure! Unfortunately I'm confident that the "muckitymucks" at the CW Main Office are not even capable of "understanding the common sense approach" and well written paragraph you constructed above.

Remember..."It's NOT about the money...JUST THE AMOUNT"!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBru View Post
I believe they think they are too big to fail. They should ask Sears/Kmart how its worked out for them.
BINGO

Old 10-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #55

Loan from bank

It might not be CW or the previous owners fault, I just went thru this a month ago with a truck I had purchased in 2002 (1999 silverado), I paid the truck off in 2006 and received the paper work for a clean title (no lien info on it) from the bank, I took it to the DMV and got a clean title, now 11 years later I give the truck to my son and sign the title over to him, and what does he do, he loses the title (Kids :-)), I go to the Nebraska DMV to get a duplicate title and they tell me they still show a lien on it from the early 2002 from the Bank of the West, I had to go to a bank branch office and get it straightened out, it took almost three weeks for them to send me a notarized letter saying they release the title and I could get a duplicate title. So was it the banks fault or the DMV, i'm guessing the DMV, since I was able to get a clean title back in 2006.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWKingSD View Post
I had a similar experience with CW, except that it was just a DirecTV receiver, not a whole motorhome. My dealer went there for parts without my prior knowledge - several lessons in that for me.

BTW, the OP might try contacting their Better Business Bureau. That fixed a problem for me once upon a time.

So why does ANYONE, EVER go to Camping World????? Best way to cure this is to starve them out of existence. Even if you personally haven't had a bad experience, it's in the overall RV owner-community's best interest to never do business there.
Marcus got the ball rolling on this point when he made his very public comment over who he wanted as a customer.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world