Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #57

I think I've become quite jaded about RV Sales and Salespeople in general. I was pretty happy with La Mesa RV when I bought my trailer, but subsequent experiences with La Mesa RV service has made me pretty adamant that I won't be buying another RV from them no way, no how.
Lou & Benecia 29 ft Keystone Cougar 29RLKWE Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab Cummins Diesel 3:92 axle ratio
surferlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Marcus got the ball rolling on this point when he made his very public comment over who he wanted as a customer.
Or better yet, who he doesn’t.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferlou View Post
I think I've become quite jaded about RV Sales and Salespeople in general. I was pretty happy with La Mesa RV when I bought my trailer, but subsequent experiences with La Mesa RV service has made me pretty adamant that I won't be buying another RV from them no way, no how.
Which is "exactly why" I DO NOT BUY NEW...PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard this story so many time on iRV2 and other sites!

I've chosen over the last 35 years (I'm 63) to buy cars, RV's, and boats that are 1-3 years old and ONLY from PRIVATE SELLERS. I've overwhelming found that I have bought a better product that's been gently used (or I don't buy it) and it's had any "initial problems/concerns already fixed by the very considerate original purchaser".

Another great advantage to this approach is the $$$ you save which can be substantial, uh er...I mean "THE SAVINGS ARE SUBSTANTIAL". I could buy new, but I "choose" to NOT!

For the most part, I find it's the share of the population who's "Pride" will not allow them to buy a (uggg) "used vehicle"!!! I'm thankful for those of you who only buy new as it keeps the inventory well stocked for folks like me who are more than happy to help you out...."at a cost of course"!

I like my bells and whistles just like the next guy...I just prefer to let someone else "jingle em and blow em first"!

Happy and safe travels my friends...

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
It might not be CW or the previous owners fault, I just went thru this a month ago with a truck I had purchased in 2002 (1999 silverado), I paid the truck off in 2006 and received the paper work for a clean title (no lien info on it) from the bank, I took it to the DMV and got a clean title, now 11 years later I give the truck to my son and sign the title over to him, and what does he do, he loses the title (Kids :-)), I go to the Nebraska DMV to get a duplicate title and they tell me they still show a lien on it from the early 2002 from the Bank of the West, I had to go to a bank branch office and get it straightened out, it took almost three weeks for them to send me a notarized letter saying they release the title and I could get a duplicate title. So was it the banks fault or the DMV, i'm guessing the DMV, since I was able to get a clean title back in 2006.
It is my guess that the bank just signed the title and mailed it to you without sending any notice to the DMV.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #61

Take your rig back to camping world and demand a total refund! They had NO BUSINESS selling something with an existing lien on it. They know that as does the Attorney General.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
The OP received the title 3 days ago.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:35 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Shows how many read threw the post. Most just reply without any sense of what they are answering for.
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferlou View Post
Which La Mesa if I might ask?
I've had an experirnce w Sanford FL sales. Just curious
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #65

Camping World Sucks Update -

After my letter to IL ATTY General apparently made its way to CW. I received a call from the Memphis GM.

He explained to me that I was incorrect when I thought when the contract listed Lien Holders as NA applied to the previous title. The NA applied to me in the contract as I was the cash buyer. Apparently you cannot list or provide a current title history due to privacy laws.

The title did arrive 3 day later than the 30 days allowed by law.

I had asked for a $2000 cash payment in my original letter. In lieu of my error and the fact it was only 3 days late, after some negotiation, I agreed to a $250 CW gift certificate and no replacement of the broken freezer door, which is obsolete.

Overall I'm not as upset as I was and they tried to make things right rather than blow me off. So I'm officially saying they don't suck that bad, but definitely could improve their primary business methods.

Ted
Teddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:35 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyman View Post
Camping World Sucks Update -

After my letter to IL ATTY General apparently made its way to CW. I received a call from the Memphis GM.

He explained to me that I was incorrect when I thought when the contract listed Lien Holders as NA applied to the previous title. The NA applied to me in the contract as I was the cash buyer. Apparently you cannot list or provide a current title history due to privacy laws.

The title did arrive 3 day later than the 30 days allowed by law.

I had asked for a $2000 cash payment in my original letter. In lieu of my error and the fact it was only 3 days late, after some negotiation, I agreed to a $250 CW gift certificate and no replacement of the broken freezer door, which is obsolete.

Overall I'm not as upset as I was and they tried to make things right rather than blow me off. So I'm officially saying they don't suck that bad, but definitely could improve their primary business methods.

Ted
I for one am glad you have resolved this issue. You are a good person to admit some of the problem my have been your fault. It sounds to me like some of the problem was due to miscommunication and possibly the USPS AKA: Snail Mail.
This will make no difference for my sentiments for CW
though. I am one of those undesirables according to the owner.
Lynn
Old 11-21-2017, 04:48 AM   #67

Ford Super Duty Owner
"We don't suck too bad" I think I see a new slogan for CW.. LMAO Glad you got some resolution.

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:50 AM   #68

I cancelled my Good Sam membership 2 weeks ago and got a refund. They don't want me shopping there, so be it, I don't want anything to do with them.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:52 AM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad View Post
Shows how many read threw the post. Most just reply without any sense of what they are answering for.
I think some people get too much enjoyment from their own hostility and indignation.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #70

RV Pirate,
Yep, a great slogan for CW....
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world