Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2015, 03:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVingDutchman View Post
I had no idea they had a .ca web site and that is indeed very sketchy if not illegal! I have spend thousands of dollars this year with them but I am sure that I saved plenty in shipping and savings on the product, despite the fact that I sometimes had to deal with the UPS crooks!
I have complained plenty to the Campingworld folks about this fact but I don't think they're hearing us, maybe they have stock in UPS.????

Anyway even when there was issues and I had to send something back no trouble getting FULL refunds including return shipping.

But I do have to pay tax on most items I buy when do arrive.

Regards,

Ed
I bought a lot in the last year but amazon.ca or eBay was almost always cheaper than campingworld even without duty taxes. Maybe you could try.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2015, 03:26 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
I found them in Amazon, I think, Amazon.com: Dad's Cookie Company Original Oatmeal Cookies
$4.99 and $9.99 shipping. I think they are in Missouri.
According to their site you can buy up to $40 worth for $9.99 shipping so you could actually get 8 bags for the shipping and average the cost down . This sounds tasty!
Old 06-05-2015, 03:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightab View Post
I found them in Amazon, I think, Amazon.com: Dad's Cookie Company Original Oatmeal Cookies
I think americans need to eat more fruits and vegetables and less cookies and donuts.

Forget about cookies, cereals, juices, French fries. Drink water and eat fruits
You can break the stress with sports or even sex.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:54 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
I think americans need to eat more fruits and vegetables and less cookies and donuts.

Forget about cookies, cereals, juices, French fries. Drink water and eat fruits
You can break the stress with sports or even sex.
I will start eating more fruits and vegetables..................Soon as they start making them taste like oatmeal cookies lol
Old 06-05-2015, 03:58 AM   #19

Quote:
I will start eating more fruits and vegetables..................Soon as they start making them taste like oatmeal cookies lol
You probably have never eaten our delicious small blueberries from Quebec. No cookies compares to it. The small are the better. The same for our strawberries. :
Old 06-05-2015, 05:28 AM   #20

I bought all my Camco sewer stuff from Amazon.ca....Cheaper than Walmart and free shipping
poncho62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:36 AM   #21

Quote:
According to their site you can buy up to $40 worth for $9.99 shipping so you could actually get 8 bags for the shipping and average the cost down . This sounds tasty!
Not the same. They're from California.

They look like this:

Biscuit of the Week
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:48 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
No it was in US$. But still since it is .ca and they don't tell you, this is a pure fraud.
I checked the .ca site and looked at the shipping information. Here is what they say:

International Shipping Policy
International shipping rates apply to all orders shipped outside the U.S. Any shipping discounts will not apply to orders shipped outside the continuous 48 states. Actual shipping charges will be calculated at the time of order and are to be paid by the purchaser. To inquire about or place an order, please call [IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]1.270.901.4855. International shipments are not trackable. Brokerage fees, import tariffs, customs duties, customs clearance fees and value added taxes, as well as other local taxes, may apply to international orders and are assessed by customs authorities at the time of delivery. CampingWorld.com does not calculate these fees at the time of order, and they are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Please inquire with local customs authorities for more information regarding applicable fees. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser on all returned orders. Refunds will be for the merchandise amount only. CampingWorld.com cannot refund any duties, taxes or fees paid on the order.*
Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
Old 06-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #23

That pretty much says it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I checked the .ca site and looked at the shipping information. Here is what they say:

International Shipping Policy
International shipping rates apply to all orders shipped outside the U.S. Any shipping discounts will not apply to orders shipped outside the continuous 48 states. Actual shipping charges will be calculated at the time of order and are to be paid by the purchaser. To inquire about or place an order, please call [IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]1.270.901.4855. International shipments are not trackable. Brokerage fees, import tariffs, customs duties, customs clearance fees and value added taxes, as well as other local taxes, may apply to international orders and are assessed by customs authorities at the time of delivery. CampingWorld.com does not calculate these fees at the time of order, and they are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Please inquire with local customs authorities for more information regarding applicable fees. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser on all returned orders. Refunds will be for the merchandise amount only. CampingWorld.com cannot refund any duties, taxes or fees paid on the order.*
Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
That pretty much says it all.
No. Because I am in Canada on a .ca website. So I don't read the International shipping policy.

On campingworld.com I do check but not for a website IN MY OWN COUNTRY like campingworld.ca. They will make a few millions more this year and WE will pay an extra million in duty taxes with this fraud strategy.

Walmart
Go see www.walmart.ca they don't fraud people like this. They sell and ship from Canada on their Canadian website.

Costco
The same for www.costco.ca where I buy a lot of things. I am sure no Canadians ever read their International shipping fees policy because there are none, they ship from Canada.

Toyrus
Go see www.toysrus.ca I have bought many video games on their website and they ship from Canada. Campingworld.ca is the only exception in Canada in my opinion.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
I bought all my Camco sewer stuff from Amazon.ca....Cheaper than Walmart and free shipping
Walmart is another very good cheap supplier for people in USA. But here in Canada their website does not show millions of car and RV accessories like they do in USA. One day I hope.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
No. Because I am in Canada on a .ca website. So I don't read the International shipping policy.

On campingworld.com I do check but not for a website IN MY OWN COUNTRY like campingworld.ca. They will make a few millions more this year and WE will pay an extra million in duty taxes with this fraud strategy.

Walmart
Go see www.walmart.ca they don't fraud people like this. They sell and ship from Canada on their Canadian website.

Costco
The same for www.costco.ca where I buy a lot of things. I am sure no Canadians ever read their International shipping fees policy because there are none, they ship from Canada.

Toyrus
Go see www.toysrus.ca I have bought many video games on their website and they ship from Canada. Campingworld.ca is the only exception in Canada in my opinion.
I agree whole heartedly. I checked the camping world website and they do not list any locations in Canada.

If you feel that strongly perhaps a complaint to the CRTC would be in order. I am not sure they are the governing body but should be able to tell you who is in charge.

If you follow up on this please let us know who to send a letter of complaint to. I would certainly be willing to send a letter as well.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #27

Quote:
I wouldn't have either. Makes you suspicious that it was deliberate. I would be extremely upset.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:44 AM   #28

Quote:
This sounds like some of the shifty stuff they pull. Best not to buy Anything From them
Knightab

Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping