Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #85

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
It figures. We have thought for years it would be nice to stop at St. Lucie South COE park in Stuart, Fl on our way through since my inlaws have a place in Stuart and it looks like a nice park. DW by luck got us a few nights, right on cue with our fall trek south this year

Funny how, not making a political statement here, the stuff that gets shut down is what is available for the use of the very people that pay for it

Hope this gets worked out before 10/30
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #86

I'm not a hunter, but do love to fish. What about all sportman and women who pay license and fees , plan camping trips for there sport? Yes, most license are State but what about Federal Duck stamps, Fed excise tax on Everything bought to enjoy sports? These fees are paid daily by everyone who camps and enjoys our Fed lands, We have paid our dues in advance. Why should we be locked out of places we ALL have already paid for????
Old 10-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #87

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
LTVA's

Just researched, all for La Poza areas are closed for now. Volunteers still on
site, but not working.
Water and trash still on.
Only people who have already registered can stay.

You can however still stay at any of the two week
Free sites around Q.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #88
TWV

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
On a lighter note, there's still lots of spaces a Walmart & Flying J!
Both good places. We do a lot of our "camping" there.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #89
TWV

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Wow, we are laid off from a non-paying job now.
Ken

Wow, you must be a reeeeaaly bad employee!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #90
TWV

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
VA Disability got deposited too. (yea I was a little worried .... lol)

As long as it is settled by the end of the month we (I am also a fed retiree) should be alright. Payments are transferred at the end of the month.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #91

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carolina Campers
All the Federal campgrounds are closed due to cost but the only thing they did was close and lock all the gates. All the utilities are still on at the parks including water, electric, telephones and internet. The campground host are still on site at most campgrounds. The only thing missing are campers? What a joke, I thought the National Parks belonged to the public?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #92

Fed GC are a big money Profit for government!!!! We campers support a lot of small business owners, Yes we miss are camping, but what about families that depend on us for income? Chips, pop, beer, fuel etc. We campers More then pay our way yet we're the first to be punished??? I will never stay on Fed land again and think everyone should boycott them, Then Feds will see how important campers are to all involved!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #93

Entegra Owners Club
Having worked at senior levels of the government in a high dollar agency, I guess I'd say this.... federal parks, campgrounds, BLM management (thus availability)...these are all pimples on a gnat's backside in terms of dollars, but they make for great press. The budgets for these various agencies, when compared to entitlements , defense, and intelligence are ridiculously insignificant. Sometimes it is hard, even for those of us that worked these levels of dollars, to comprehend the magnitude of the difference. I think the number is 9,000,000 RV owners out there, so closing campgrounds affects less than 2-3% of the population. My point...those of us using these facilities probably represent nothing more than convenient press when there is nothing else to talk about...hunker down and plan on visiting state funded parks and historic sites for a few weeks and say a prayer for those whose livelihood depends on a quick resolution of the impasse. JMHO
Old 10-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #94

YES!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #95

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yosemite, Yellowstone, the Great Smoky Mountains and many other U.S. National Parks will likely find gates closed. If it’s a park without a gated entrance (or one bisected by a major highway), visitors can expect all facilities to be shut down. Those currently camping or hiking in the parks will have just two days to vacate, depending on the remoteness of their location. [moderator edit]
Old 10-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #96
Community Administrator

A few more posts have been deleted because they were outside of this portion of our rules .
Quote:
General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.
We really don't want to close this thread. Let's please stay within our rules.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 10-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #97

Monaco Owners Club
Cliff, understand the rules and appreciate the moderating as some go overboard, I know...

But, just like an issue with the wife, if we don't talk about it, it's never resolved.
(I know, SHE does most of the screa...er, ah... talking,
but still where do rv'ers talk about it other than here ?) just so long as it's a discussion, not a fight

What some other forums do is allow a 'supporting members only' region where a lot of the normal moderating is 'moderated' for those that contribute to supporting the site (with dues)

Thanks !
Old 10-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #98
Community Administrator

I can't comment on the rules you and your wife have established but I can on IRV2 rules.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread