Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2018, 11:13 AM   #57

Not just no, but HELL NO!!! Not a snowball's chance......

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2018, 11:24 AM   #58

Never do business with family or friends. I have seen the truth of the old adage often enough that it has become my mantra. lol
sgpd1sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:44 AM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have one son that has borrowed it, once, but he has owned a TT and has his CDL. Thankfully no one else has ever asked, the answer would be no.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:42 AM   #60

Jayco Owners Club
Whenever anybody wants to barrow anything, I say, "go rent one and send me the bill. It'll be cheaper for both of us"
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:25 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
Whenever anybody wants to barrow anything, I say, "go rent one and send me the bill. It'll be cheaper for both of us"
Good one!
FullTime2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #62

Country Coach Owners Club
I would always say no! Even if they had some highway big rig experience. Way too much money invested in my coach. Too many folks have no idea how to corner and clear overhanging trees that could take off my Sat ant of air conditioning units not to mention mar the side paint work.

Retired Pilot. A motor home is like an jet aircraft, in that you have to know the systems inside and out to prevent system damage.

No, No. No.
wkessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #63

There is only one person that I would trust in my rig without me in it, he is just as OCD about his stuff as I am, and has no problems driving something this size. He owns his own coach, and would never need mine anyway. I would never loan it to another person for any reason. Call me stingy, of what ever, don't care, not happening.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #64

You know i had an ex brother in law want to borrow my rifle. My ex said loan it to him. I did. It came back busted. He said it wasn't his fault. Need I say more? Don't loan anything you cannot lose. Especially to a relative.
MingusPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:13 PM   #65

If folks are rude enough to ask I am nice enough to say no. I loan Nothing. I learned lessons early on. Loaned a chain saw once. Not your Wallyworld one. A almost new commercial one. Found it two years later in pieces. Loaned a commercial 1/2 in drill. I don’t even remember to whom. List goes on. Please prophet from my younger stupidity
Old 10-03-2018, 03:36 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAKY View Post
If folks are rude enough to ask I am nice enough to say no. I loan Nothing. I learned lessons early on. Loaned a chain saw once. Not your Wallyworld one. A almost new commercial one. Found it two years later in pieces. Loaned a commercial 1/2 in drill. I don’t even remember to whom. List goes on. Please prophet from my younger stupidity
Could I borrow your patience? I am in desperate need of some. Sadly, it will be frazzled by the time you get it back.
LOL
FullTime2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:18 PM   #67

Once you start saying NO they finally get the idea. And it is fun to say no after you get used to it. I know better than to say no to DW
Old 10-03-2018, 06:34 PM   #68

My policy is if it has a motor on it, the only way it gets loaned out is if I go with it as the operator.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:32 AM   #69

last year during the hurricane in florida, we let a guy and his wife stay in our MoHo which was parked in our barn with full hookups. They were here about two weeks. Our moho was in as good if not better shape after they vacated. We have known them for a number of years and he was an employee. They knew nothing about Rv's. But now they are hooked. They are about the only people we would let stay in the MoHo .