Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Angry Can I sue XM RADIO ?

On Oct. 8 2010 I got a bill for $337.86 from XM Radio, because they no longer had access to my credit card for the XM Radio that I had had on my truck since 2006. I decided that I no longer wanted to pay that much for the XM Radio. A few weeks later I got a call from them trying to get me to change my mind. I told them I would think about it. A couple days later another call and I said NO. Another day or two more calls and with the caller ID I did not answer the calls. One Sunday I got a call from them in the morning that I did not answer and a couple hours later another call that I did. I did answer this one as I was very mad and told them in not so polite of a voice to leave me alone. No more calls and the XM radio was not working so I figured good. Tonight I get a call FROM EOCCA a collection agency. Telling me I owed XM radio $23 and change. I told them I not paying them anything and wanted a number with someone at XM Radio to talk with them about this. I got a number and could get no where with the person on the phone and asked for a number of a supervisor or someone that could help me. I was giving the number of the collection agency that called my house. I wonder if a lawyer now will take this case. I can't seem to get anywhere.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I was once told that anybody could sue anyone for anything. Winning is a different matter. I'm not sure what you would sue them for. Unfortunately, being a pain in the butt probably won't qualify. Harassment maybe? Not sure how much pain and suffering they would allow for.

The problem is that we, as consumers, don't really have good tools available to us so we can become a pain in THEIR butts.

Good luck and keep us posted.

rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Since, I wrote that I have cooled a little. It looks like the people at XM Radio would have enough sense not to piss me off if they ever want to do business with me again. The EOCCA is a collection and they have warned me that this will affect my credit rating. I still not paying them one dime !!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #4

So If I read your post correctly you had XM radio in your truck (and listened to it) for several years and paid nothing for it, and now they want you to pay $23? Or do you also still owe the $337? In either case, if you actually used the service all that time, you owe them something.

Just a radical opinion ...

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
IMHO, if you owe them for service you received, then $23 is a bargain to make it all go away.

It's not worth having your credit rating damaged for $23.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
No No I paid for the service since 2006. It was this year the service ran out. They would have taken it out on my card but the credit card changed my account and they no longer had the correct account, so they bill me and then started calling me.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
XM

I bought a life time service from XM for $550.00. The $337.00 sounds like 3 years or so of service.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What do they say the bill is for, or why you owe them?

Old 12-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
The thing of it,to me,is we never even got a bill for this amount so how can they turn him into the credit bureau,hurt his credit over an unknown bill we never even got for an unknown reason!!

Dianne
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
Did you ever formally cancel the service? If you didn't, then you probably owe them. My guess is the $23 is for a month and a portion of another.

I have had XM for years and love it. Recently canceled one radio and they were very efficient and properly credited me.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
The first call from XM I told them I think about it. The next call from them I said NO. Then there were many calls that I did not answer. the last two calls were on a Sunday. One in the Morning and one that afternoon. The last call I answer told them to leave me alone and hung up. the service continued for another month, I think as I don't drive the truck everyday. I did noticed it had quit last Friday, Dec 3. I don't see where I owe them a dime they owe me for harassing me!!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Have the collection agency send you a bill with the details.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Be prepared for a long battle. It took over 5 years for me to resolve a billing error I refused to pay that got sent to collections. Eventually the vendor admitted their error, but not after much effort. You have to document everything that has to do with the problem. Dates, times, who you spoke to, what was said, keep all documentation, make copies of any letters you send & when you do send, send certified & return receipt requested.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #14

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
It is not worth suing, but do they think they ever going to sell me XM on any of my vehicles in the future. I have had between 10-15 calls from them after I said no.
Tom