Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2021, 03:40 PM   #1

Can Will Prowse be Trusted Anymore?

I had been an avid watcher of Will Prowse YouTubes because he is knowledgeable, and does believable testing.

Eight months ago, Prowse reviewed a 170Ah LiFePo4 by Bigbattery.com. He gave a raving superior review, rating it as superior to most other batteries, and an incredible value. So I bought one. It has given me months of trouble free service, it’s the ideal size for my needs, plus it had other attractive features like Anderson terminals, and built-in disconnect. The BMS has been flawless.

So here we are eight months later, and Prowse reviews another BigBattery LiFePo4, and he totally trashes it, yelling out that nobody should buy this product. Seems the FREE battery Bigbattery.com sent him had a leak, and they quickly replaced the battery with a new one. Prowse persisted and insisted that the company sucked.

So now I’m wondering if Prowse is getting paid by other battery companies to trash the competition. I recognize that BB is the quality leader, but here I am with a LiFePo4 that cost half as much as BB and works great….so far.

So can Prowse’s reviews of other products be trusted. I’m a buyer for some of the products, and I think I trust comments on this forum more than Prowse.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2021, 04:11 PM   #2

I still think he is a good guy,calls it as it is . He calls out a lot of shady stuff.
ransil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:18 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have watched a few times.....seems a little immature to me.

Not sure about his education in this field either. Is he buying all the stuff he tests, or are they given to him? Who knows.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:04 PM   #4

Never heard of him...but then again NOT a youtube watcher as I find most are off the mark
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:12 AM   #5

Never heard of him. I usually don’t trust internet shills
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:23 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I use him as a reference and not the gospel. He seems knowledgeable but still has some growing up to do. I like to DIY most of my own stuff and research it to death.

If the battery is working for you then that's all that matters.

I just bought 4 - 280ah cells to replace my house batteries. I have a residential refrigerator and want to run it over night when boon docking. The current 2 lead acid just can't do that. Once I get this working I will probably add a second 280ah battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1890422900177662012.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	333391   Click image for larger version

Name:	1983996588-1413995634.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	333392  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20210621-231121_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	333393  
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
I have watched a few times.....seems a little immature to me.

Not sure about his education in this field either. Is he buying all the stuff he tests, or are they given to him? Who knows.
both he buys a lot of it , but gets sent a lot of stuff. He tells you when testing how he got it.
ransil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:43 AM   #8

Never heard of him.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:47 PM   #9

In his latest review of the CHIN battery he mentions that many manufactures don’t build the same battery the same way twice. So that may be what he saw. Original battery may have been good, but them they started getting cheap on their components. Since most are glued shut you will not know what you are getting.
SavnTheWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:57 PM   #10

I'd believe him. He may give conflicting reviews of the exact same product - but that's usually because two different tests gave two different results. I have a lot more respect for his integrity than I do for some others'. He's always quick to come back with an unscheduled vid if something causes him to change his mind about something, he's upfront about what he's paid for parts, he does his tests right there in the open in ways we can all copy if we want to check him . . .

Immature? Well, I'm not taking marriage advice from him. I think he knows his subject matter quite well, and maturity isn't really a requirement for that. And, yeah, he's a kid.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:28 PM   #11

If you can, find yourself a reputable off-grid solar installer. These are people that install systems that actually have to work, as close to as flawlessly as possible, day in and day out. They use components that have to work and they provide a warranty and maintenance on those components. In other words, they don’t use crap. They aren’t internet sensations. They live and breathe this stuff and that’s how they make a living. They’re actually putting the stuff together and making it work, not making videos.

Find out what they use. Good luck.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust