Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #1

Canadian National Park Pass (20% off sale)

Discovery Pass

Discovery Pass

Order your Family/Group Discovery Pass by December 31, 2017 and receive 20% off!
A single pass gets you in!

Canada’s national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites are the ultimate awe-inspiring experience.
Excellent value! Consider these benefits:
  • Unlimited admission for a full year at over 80 Parks Canada places that typically charge a daily entrance fee
  • Faster entry and greater convenience
  • Big savings (can pay for itself in as little as seven days)
  • Valid for 12 full months from date of purchase
Plus, your fees help us maintain and protect the national historic sites, national marine conservation areas and national parks that you love!

Glacier National Park

What is included? What is not included? Fees

PassFeeFamily/Group (up to 7 people in a vehicle)$136.40Youth (0-17)FREEAdult (18-64)$67.70Senior (65+)$57.90
Taxes included
Beginning January 1, 2018, admission is free for all youth aged 17 and under.
CF-104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
While I'm all for supporting National Parks, I'm surprised that the U.S. National Parks Pass has a lifetime senior pass for those 62 yrs. and up and Canada has no mention of one.

You've got a better Healthcare system, we have a better Parks senior pass!

https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/pa...P_JUMP_5088578

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
While I'm all for supporting National Parks, I'm surprised that the U.S. National Parks Pass has a lifetime senior pass for those 62 yrs. and up and Canada has no mention of one.

The Canadian National Parks do have a senior pass for anyone 65 and over, is approximately $57.90 Cdn, or $45.25US
emuller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuller1 View Post
The Canadian National Parks do have a senior pass for anyone 65 and over, is approximately $57.90 Cdn, or $45.25US
Thank you CF-104 just ordered my Family pass, $109 with the discount
Old 12-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
The Canadian NP pass is good for one year. The U.S. NP pass for folks over 62 is a LIFETIME pass, not one year. I bought annual U.S. passes for many years, 5 years ago I bought the U.S. Senior pass for $10 and haven't had to pay an additional cent since. It has increased to $80 for the past year or so. Only 118 of 417 U.S. National Park Service sites have an entrance fee, the rest are free.

Bob & Donna
Old 12-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #6

I am at the check out for the Discovery Family Pass and it does not appear it is going to adjust for US currency. Does anybody know if my credit card receipt will reflect the difference?
Old 12-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierrun View Post
I am at the check out for the Discovery Family Pass and it does not appear it is going to adjust for US currency. Does anybody know if my credit card receipt will reflect the difference?
I expect it will. My chase card statement does.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdavet View Post
I expect it will. My chase card statement does.
Thanks... I hit the buy button and then checked the cc. There is a pending transaction for about $85. That is not bad, although I had the free ones last year that we never could use because of the 5 weeks we were broken down. We are going up there in 2018!
Old 12-09-2017, 02:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

Not enough of a discount for this senior. Especially when I got one for the U.S. for ten bucks lifetime. But that's okay. And where did you ever hear that they had a better healthcare system than us? I know a few Canucks, and they sure disagree with that statement.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:53 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Have two cousins who are Canadian citizens. They both come to USA for healthcare. They say you can “die waiting” in Canada.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
Have two cousins who are Canadian citizens. They both come to USA for healthcare. They say you can “die waiting” in Canada.

Sorry but some stuff just is not true, I have had 2 knee replacements and in both cases had to tell the doctor to slow down, my wife had significant medical concerns and not once was the care lacking, my mother never once for heart or cancer had to be concerned and now in an AgeCare facility is doing great. If you need it it is there, some fall through the cracks yes but in most cases it is great and you do not mortgage your house to pay for it or have a mortgage payment just for the insurance.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Sorry but some stuff just is not true, I have had 2 knee replacements and in both cases had to tell the doctor to slow down, my wife had significant medical concerns and not once was the care lacking, my mother never once for heart or cancer had to be concerned and now in an AgeCare facility is doing great. If you need it it is there, some fall through the cracks yes but in most cases it is great and you do not mortgage your house to pay for it or have a mortgage payment just for the insurance.
I've used hospitals in U.S., Canada, and Australia. U.S. is most expensive and no better. Simple is best, more folks get covered in CA and AU.

Bob & Donna
Old 12-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Agree ... because of universal H.C. there are "waiting lists" but you will eventuality get served. IF you have the $$ you can skip the line... head to USA and get same day service.

Not everyone can afford /or needs this. EVERYONE (unless you are unregistered or somehow slip thru the cracks) is covered.
CF-104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF-104 View Post
Agree ... because of universal H.C. there are "waiting lists" but you will eventuality get served. IF you have the $$ you can skip the line... head to USA and get same day service.

Not everyone can afford /or needs this. EVERYONE (unless you are unregistered or somehow slip thru the cracks) is covered.
In AU you get universal H.C. but many buy additional insurance that ends waiting lists. Sadly, in USA no universal H.C. and many young and poor think they can do without any insurance. Fine, until they need it, then they get medical treatment in hospitals which must then charge higher rates to cover the expenses of the Federally mandated requirement to treat anyone who enters.

Don't even start on why in USA health insurance is tied to employment. Common sense and the fact that most countries have universal H.C. and you see in we are held hostage by corporations and politics to keep costs artificially high.

Sorry for the rant, I recognize this thread was about Canadian National Parks pass, but it's worth saying.

Bob & Donna

Tags
national, sale