Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2022, 04:24 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
My experience is the same as US1. I’ve been cut off at $75, $100 and even $125 (at Bud-eye’s). However, I’ve never had an issue with putting the pump back and starting the transaction over again until the next limit. I’ve had to do this 3 times in some cases. Often times you can take your card in to the station and they will hold it until you’ve filled up and then run your card. This is all very common.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2022, 05:19 PM   #58

My truck holds 48 gal of diesel & pumps frequently shut off at $100, but I never have a problem just re-inserting the same card & running a second charge on either my Visa or Mastercard anywhere around the country. I've complained in the past about the low limits to both the stations & the card companies. They both claim it's the other party that sets the limits. Nobody wants to take responsibility for the inconvenience it causes drivers.
freestyle_freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:56 PM   #59

Prepay

To use your fuel points you’ll have to guesstimate how much you’re going to buy (after discount) and prepay at the booth. Make sure to tell them you’re using points and scan you’re loyalty card or input your alternate ID before you prepay to get the discount. I’ve used my same credit at several stations, they usually stop at $125, sometimes $100, but at a recent station I used the RV pump out back and filled to $195. That makes me think it’s the stations that set the limit. Anytime you prepay you can get as much as you want.
Old Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:19 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Get a fuel card like other motorhome owner are using and use the semi pumps no cut off
oh no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:24 PM   #61

My I use for the RV only tops out at $150.00 before I have to reset the pump and run the card again. Not a big deal.
VentanaOdyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:11 PM   #62

card limit

Hello. I've read quite a few credit card/ venue limit responses. I've re-inserted cards last week to get close to a full tank when needed. But, my question is. Are there any people out here were RV'ing back in the late 70's when there was gas rationing? That must have been different for traveling? I was still young and getting gas to drive around town type thing, but also having to drive to Reserve training 50 miles away, but we did it.
3521 mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:46 PM   #63

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You Take care of top half, and lower half takes care of itself?
Old 05-19-2022, 11:05 PM   #64

My credit card works for 5-600$ inside the supermarket, but limits me to 75$ of fuel at the supermarket fuel pump. Same store, different product. WTF...
eazrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:41 AM   #65
SOP

Bay area Costco cuts me at $175. I use the card again with no problem. Max charge with empty tank would be $450. I haven't tried that all at once yet.
SOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 05:33 AM   #66

Card limit

There have always been limits on the cc at the pump. I go inside the store and pay an amount I think my tank will require. If the amount of fuel is less than what has been paid, a new receipt is supposed to be issued from the pump. I have found that this is not always the case and the original charge remained on my statement. I always get a revised receipt.
anywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:13 AM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I just fill up more often. After burning $100 worth of fuel I'm usually ready for a short break anyway.

In today's world at 8 miles a gallon of diesel @ $6.00 will get you 133 miles MOL. That's a lot of short breaks.

The TSD card won't cut you off because it is linked to your bank account. Plus, you get great discounts using the TSD (diesel) fuel program. You can even activate the pump from inside your vehicle at most TA/Petro and Love's truck stops.

LL
lightsluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:58 AM   #68

I have a diesel pusher with 100 gallon tank...even at 75 gallons @ $5+ per gallon, that's going to take quite a few swipes. If at all possible, try and get a dedicated fuel card for your fill-ups. Many have their own discounts and perks.
SnowNCycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:02 AM   #69

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I just fill up more often. After burning $100 worth of fuel I'm usually ready for a short break anyway.
Yep. That used to be true.
Now $100 might not even get you to the state line.

I'm expecting some of these arbitrary limitations to starting increasing soon.
Old 05-20-2022, 10:14 AM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
I've had that happen with two of my gas cards. I simply shut everything down, re-insert the card and start over. So far it's worked every time.
PalmerAlaska is offline   Reply With Quote