Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2017, 09:49 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Carefree of Colorado Window Awnings

We are thinking about adding window awnings to our 2016 Dutchstar.

Has anyone here installed the FULL VIEW fabric from Carefree of Colorado and how do you like them? We'd like to still be able to look out our windows when the awnings are extended but we've never seen another RV having them installed.

Thank You
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm not familiar with the "Full View" material you're asking about but, if you haven't had awnings before, let me fill in a few details for you.

1. In my opinion, the primary purpose of a window awning is to block sunlight and, more importantly, the radiant heat that comes with it. Any material that you can see through would seem to negate that benefit.

2. Only the shortest of windows (like the bathroom or maybe bedroom) will be mostly blocked by an extended awning. For example, I am currently sitting at my dinette looking out the window and my line of sight is below the deployed window awning. I have the Carefree SL all around and I'd estimate the lower thirty percent of the window is unobstructed (to see straight out of).

3. Additionally, I can still look to the left or right of the awning and see the sky from my seated position.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:43 AM   #3

I can only speak from lg awning experience not window ones - however -

I have an A&E awning and can buy almost any part that would be needed for repair

A friend has Carefree of Colorade awning and wanted to buy some parts for repairs - no deal Carefree doesn't sell part - he had to buy complete new arm a$$emblies.

You might check A&E for window awnings???
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We installed black full view awnings and hardware over every window but one, and after I did that, I changed out the standard awning fabric with full view for the one awing that came with the coach. My friend who helped me install, liked them so much he ordered replacement full view awning fabric for all his windows. We purchased them from ShadePro.net, a Carefree dealer that uses their own fabric, tougher than Carefree's imho, and better priced to boot. We love em. They provide 80-85 percent shade, cut down on the heat, and you can see thru them just like sun screens on a windshield. They don't make the coach so dark inside. They do let a bit of hard rain mist thru which can hit the window, but that is no big deal to us.

http://www.shadepro.net/product/XL_W...llviewltd.html
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Gramps, thank you - that's what I needed to hear. I will check into ShadePro.
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:58 AM   #6

At our international rally Carefree was there doing free maintenance checkups, mine had issues due to a repair done before I bought it. Carefree replaced my awning. I highly recommend them.
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, colorado, window