Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #1

Question Carpet for steps

Hi - Just wondering if anyone know who would carry extra wide carpet for our fifth wheel steps? I already did a search here for it, but the latest posts on that were from 2008. Our steps are 27" wide. At that time, 23" was considered jumbo. Would appreciate any links or names. Meanwhile, back to google. kkd
kaykaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #2

Maybe try Camping World. I saw stair carpet on there website last week.
CorLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #3

I made my own. Harbor freight has the kit to make the holes and rivet like loop thins floor cheap and I bought outdoor carpeting with grooves at home depot. I used large tie wraps as fasteners

It was really easy to do and you can make the size you need for a lot less than the stores.
Kunysz513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #4

Similar, made my own too, but I used a couple of 13.95 door mats from Lowes. I used one to supply enough material for the 2 inside steps, the other was used for the bottom step outside. On that one I just drilled 5 holes on each side, then used a piece of nylon cord to lace both sides together to hold it in place.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. We're thinking we will have to make our own. Just seems silly that no one makes a 26 or 27 inch carpet mat for the steps all ready to go. kkd
kaykaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Call our very good friends at www.RVUpgrades.com. The owner (Bill) was the original owner of iRV2. He runs a great little company and I'm sure that he can get you the carpets covers that you are looking for.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #7

We went to Home Depot and bought 3' of 24" "runner", split it down the middle and had enough carpet for 2 steps, which is what we happened to need. We stuck it down with double stick tape, and, WA-La--another project completed! And for less than $ 12.00 too!
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote