Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #29

[QUOTE=Enokie;1811605]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
I have assisted with install of HD Allure in 5 different RV's with good results. Mine is 4 years old now. With only one repair. Because I ran a screw through it. For a handyman it is a easy install and looks great. Here are some pictures of the install.
Allure flooring install.[/QUOT

Wow that is a great job, how long to install I think it looks great!
thanks for the photos

Well this was quite a job well done! I like the tile you chose and I see you have a 'sweetheart' too,,
I think this is what I prefer as I am trying to play down the 'wood' in the RV,
... some wood works for me but I do prefer less of it... I think I will be painting..
Off to see what is available at Home Depot, a friend said they had a sale on flooring for a few more days...

Thank you both for your thoughts and photos... I can do this!!
My job took about 40 hours. Took a whole day to remove carpeting and vinyl. Installed the flooring in 8 hours, 2 people. Rest of the time went into putting in trim, finishing it and reinstalling things taken out of RV.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Nice job. I see you have the same type of slide we do with the plastic strip. Any problems with scratches on the Allure from the slide? Our slide raises up like it should, but it tends to drag the carpet, so I know it will drag the flooring, too.
I use slide slickers to protect floor. They protect carpeting and other flooring from slides.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
[QUOTE=ronjhall;1811951]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
My job took about 40 hours. Took a whole day to remove carpeting and vinyl. Installed the flooring in 8 hours, 2 people. Rest of the time went into putting in trim, finishing it and reinstalling things taken out of RV.
Think this will have to wait for spring, it is 55F (-13C ) and a storm heading in tonight

I guess it will take me more time as I am by myself. Thanks for the info gives me a timeline. Spring and summer is my guess!!

As for the sliders, took a look and am I correct to assume they just go into place when ready to slide and removed when done?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:47 AM   #32

[QUOTE=Enokie;1812163]
Quote:
As for the sliders, took a look and am I correct to assume they just go into place when ready to slide and removed when done?
Yes, they are put in place before putting slide in. Then removed when slide is out.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #33

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
if you don't want the expense of those slickers, use a couple of those vinyl planks- does the same thing
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #34
paz

Quote:
I use slide slickers to protect floor. They protect carpeting and other flooring from slides.
A cheaper alternative to Slide Slickers is to just use a couple of pieces of left over Allure.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
if you don't want the expense of those slickers, use a couple of those vinyl planks- does the same thing
are they not too thick? Guess not since you suggest them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
A cheaper alternative to Slide Slickers is to just use a couple of pieces of left over Allure.
Will any tile do?? perhaps the sides of a plastic milk jug migt also work

I get the impression anything 'slippery' will do the trick to remove friction on the carpet... thanks.

If one removes the carpet everywhere and tiles the slide should one still use the slider when moving out or in? wouldn't there be more space if carpet is gone? just curious...
Old 11-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
are they not too thick? Guess not since you suggest them!

Will any tile do?? perhaps the sides of a plastic milk jug migt also work

I get the impression anything 'slippery' will do the trick to remove friction on the carpet... thanks.

If one removes the carpet everywhere and tiles the slide should one still use the slider when moving out or in? wouldn't there be more space if carpet is gone? just curious...
I have tried pieces of Allure which is 3/16" thick. It works, but wants to slide unless something is put on back to stop movement. The slide slickers have a couple strips of vinyl foam on back to make them stay in place. Top surface is slick to make slide move over it easily. The price is expensive but works very well. I watched EBAY until I found 2 sets for less than $40.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #37

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
most times, the front part of slide will be the part that impacts the main floor. removing carpet and installing hard surface will lessen the height
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #38

Nor'easters Club
Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
Wow. Great workmanship. I looked at each and every photo you guys posted. Even zoomed in on many. Starting to get more confidence. I too am alone, except for my wife who is always great help.

We have two small dogs, but the carpet color in our Adventurer is such, that it shows dirt.

This thread is proof that pictures really tell a story.

Thanks to all for sharing.
MaxTurner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A quick follow-up to the allure installation. Allure does not recommend for use in RVs due to temperature and movement. Has anyone had any problems with adhesion or flexing? Did you use the glue on or ultra which snaps together. They also say to leave room for expansion and contraction? We live in the SF Bay Area and use the coach monthly, but it does see temperature fluctuations.
Thanks